PDA

View Full Version : just back from POR & AKL

litlpixie
04-18-2004, 06:36 AM
Hi everyone! We got back last night after a week at the world. POR was great, as usual, even had the same building as last year. Crowded food courts at the "meal times", and main pool always seemed to draw the big crowds, but we had a quiet pool nearby. Overall, this hotel is still a nice place to stay for for quiet and charm. Now onto AKL, we were 1st timers. To say AKL is fantastic, is the understatement of the century. First of all it seemed like the hotel wasnt all booked, which was nice. Quiet, dark, inviting, you can't help but to surrender to relaxation when you enter the lobby. Concierge was FAB-U-LOUS! Offerings were plenty. Didnt do Safari (no time) Kudos to Juanita and Kenny from the Kilamanjaro Club!!!! Last thing I'll say, if this place is still Disney's best kept secret, I'm just glad I'm in on it. Already planning our next trip, back to AKL---NO DOUBT!!!:sunny:

johnsonet
04-18-2004, 08:16 AM
That is awesome news! I LOVE AKL and think it the best value at WDW! To stay there is pure bliss - whether in a standard or in Concierge!! I'm planning a couple of trips back myself!:sunny:

mep319
04-18-2004, 09:07 AM
Glad you had a good time...shame you missed the Safari..it is amazing... PO is my fav Mod and AKL...just my FAVORITE! Glad you had a good time!:wave:

tinkgrl
04-18-2004, 09:34 AM
Hi,

Thanks for sharing! Mom & I are going for 3 days in May. Savannah view! Can't wait.

Allison

disneygirl21
04-18-2004, 09:36 AM
How is the Animal Kingdom Lodge? How are the rooms? Service? Views? Convenience? Food?

We might want to stay there in the years to come.

Thanks.

Less than 20 days till I'm back at WDW with ::MickeyMo !
:wave2:

coachYO & my 3 girls
04-18-2004, 11:57 AM
So glad to hear somone ahve such a positive comment about the two resorts. I switched from POR to AKL poolview (hoping for an upgrade) and have been second guessing my decision. The cost wasn't that much more using the Disney Visa code to moove up form the POR. We can't wait to get there!!
YO

:bounce: :Pinkbounc princess: princess:

Maleficent2
04-18-2004, 12:02 PM
We loved our stay at AKL even with our room being at the end (long walk)it was well worth the little extra we paid to stay here. And I would like to stay longer to take advantage of all it has to offer.

Really hoping that we can do concierge there sometime in the near future.

Mal

goin2disneyagain
04-18-2004, 04:12 PM
Glad you enjoyed your stay at AKL. We love this place. We are going back for our 2nd visit next month. I can't believe there are people that DON'T like this place. :eek: To each there own I guess. That leaves more room for the rest of us. :teeth:

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

diskat
04-18-2004, 07:19 PM
We are staying at AKL for 2 nights at the begining of our trip! Really looking forward to it!!!!!!!!!:wave2:

Beanie
04-18-2004, 09:01 PM
Glad you had a great time! AKL is our favorite resort and we can't wait to get back there in June!! :)

jennymouse
04-18-2004, 09:11 PM
We love AKL too! I'm DVC now but we're still adding a couple days at AKL at the end of our trip because we love it so much. I love BCV too, but I can't see not ever staying at AKL again. The only parks we're planning on doing while there is AK for a few hours one morning. The rest of the time we'll be hanging out at the lodge!

BambiTamby
04-18-2004, 09:14 PM
AKL is awesome and their concierge is the best...IMHO!

Glad to see you had a wonderful time there !!!!!

:wave: