PDA

View Full Version : 7 for 5? But staying for 10 nights

pigby
04-18-2004, 06:15 AM
Booked a split stay - staying for 10 nights in WDW. There have been rumors that there is a 7 nights for 5 offer coming out - presumably similar to Fairytale package last year and maybe with 7 for 5 on UMP also.

I booked with the intention of buying AP's and then applying codes later on. If this new package is for my dates - how would it work for the park passes? I would think that I would have to buy either a 3 night package or a 3 night room only and buy tickets on the night, or a 'hopper' to use next year, which doesn't seem to be cost effective.

Probably best to stick with what I have got already - staying in a WDW with no passes for 3 days is not an option.

Chadsgirl44
04-18-2004, 10:54 AM
If I remember correctly, last year the FTP also extended out - meaning that if you stayed for more than 7 nights they also had a plan. Maybe someone can help me remember? We stayed for 9 nights and paid for 5 or 6 on the FTP plan at the CBR last year. So if this is offered this summer I would bet that they would have a plan - I hope so because we are also staying 10 nights. I'm hoping for at least a stay 10 nights and pay for 6 (7 nights would still save a chunk of money too!)

renniks
04-18-2004, 11:50 AM
We are staying 10 nights in Oct. The first 3 are a room only and then remaining seven are booked at the DV 7/4 special. I didn't want to extend a package through the entire trip since we will be doing Universal a few days and maybe just having a resort day, I didn't need the UPH for the entire length of our stay. I guess it depends if you will be doing just WDW parks during you stay. If not, it will be cheaper to do a room only for the other days.

hulabird
04-18-2004, 12:28 PM
We are staying 10 nights as well, and hoping for a decent package or room only/AP codes. I do have an AP, but if a decent package came out I would go for that since I am the only member of my party with an AP. You have to really price out the 7/5 special, if UPH's were included it may be a decent deal, and if I could book a few AP nights for the days not included it may be ok...much better than having to pay the BWI rack rates the whole stay.

whjoyjr
04-18-2004, 07:18 PM
I too planned for 10 nights. When I booked my "7 for 4 Deal" for July, I was prepared to pay Rack Rates for my additional 3 nights. Well surprises of surprises, the quote came back about $500 lower than I expected. She said that she could get us "discounted" rooms, but there was a limit of 3 "free" nights during any stay.

hulabird
04-18-2004, 08:17 PM
That is good to keep in mind, I wouldn't mind getting the rest of the days at a discount.