PDA

View Full Version : e-ride night question

callnamegrumpy
04-15-2004, 12:21 PM
each year we plan most park visits around e-ride night at magic kingdom, member services cm checked and found no e-ride night scheduled for april,may or june. any one been recently and found e-ride night truly no longer exists.

jaysue
04-15-2004, 12:25 PM
Nothing public posted about E-Ride nights officially withdrawn

DW actually spoke to a CM in guest relations after our request to have E-Ride nights added/brought back in. The story was along the lines of they have expanded park hours and done things such as having Wishes every night (fireworks) and have not scheduled E-Ride nights as they are trying to keep the whole park open more hours.

Nonetheless, the CM did state that our letter was going to a very senior person and we believe the CM since they had strong feelings about the subject as well.

At this point though there are no E-Ride nights posted :(

E-Ride nights are actually pivotal to our overall WDW experience and the lack of them is not good news to us

thanks
jaysue

Simba's Mom
04-15-2004, 12:57 PM
I did notice that when we went last year on the last full week in May, there were 2 E nights scheduled, Tuesday and Friday, from 7-10. Park closed at 7:00. This year, on those 2 nights, the MK is open til 10:00. So really, you're getting those extra 3 hours for free instead of paying for an E night. I know, some people will say "But if you make it an E night, there aren't so many lines." But since DS waited 1/2 hour for SM during E night, I'll take my chances-maybe I'm just a cheapskate and don't want to spend the money.

B'rer Karen
04-15-2004, 05:09 PM
Maybe in May the hours are longer, but when I went at the end of February/beginning of March the park closed at 7, just as it did the past 4 years, 3 of which I was in WDW for and had e-nights. In fact I think in 2000 or 2001 the park closed at 8pm and e-night ran until 11. It was a big bummer to not have e-night for me, especially because I love the park at night.

MelissathePooh
04-15-2004, 09:49 PM
They haven't had any since last Sept., but they say they will start again this summer.

They might try a new thing with staying open a few hours later for resort guests rather than opening early for entry. I don't know if it will cost an extra soft ticket or not.

Kick it up a notch!
04-15-2004, 10:07 PM
I thought e ride nights were for the slow season?

pmcpmc
04-16-2004, 05:11 AM
we have always used E ride nights.
However over the last year or so even the E rides have been very busy and not unlike normal park numbers.

MiaSRN62
04-16-2004, 07:20 AM
We've done E-Ride nights during the summer months before. Our last E-Night was Friday, August 1, 2003 and we've been to one in late July the year before that. We found both these nights to be fairly uncrowded.

InstImpres
04-16-2004, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by Kick it up a notch!

I did e-night last July from 11pm-2am it was great. My intention was to leave by about 12:30 but the park was empty and the CM's were in such great moods I got caught up and just made the last boat (2:30am) back to VWL.

Sandy