View Full Version : SSR Building 4
04-14-2004, 08:24 AM
I just read on another post that building 3 is sold out. Does anyone know the expected opening date for building 4?
04-14-2004, 08:26 AM
Should be the first week in August, although I've not seen a formal date posted. The plan was one building per month, May to August.
Wonder if they'll get #5 open before January '05?
04-14-2004, 08:27 AM
Building 1, May 17th
Building 2, June
Building 3, July
Builing 4, August
04-14-2004, 10:46 AM
From what I heard, it will be sometime next year. I have a friend that is looking to buy SSR points and they told him that he would have to sell back all his points because building 4 would not be ready until next year
04-14-2004, 10:47 AM
Correction, I meant building 5.
04-14-2004, 11:03 AM
Building 5? Are you serious? I was originally thinking that Disney overestimated the remaining demand for DVC when they planned to put in 12 buildings at SSR. Looks like maybe I was wrong. Geez.
04-14-2004, 12:04 PM
I'm not sure what the original source might have been, but folks posting here seemed to think that DVC had planned on selling SSR for 4-5 years.
Well, if they've actually sold-out three full buildings in less than 9 months, that's pretty darn good. Guess it may justify the price increase after all.
Personally, I'm a bit skeptical that they actually sold ALL of the points at three buildings as of this point in time. If they allocate all of the points in a single building equally among the Use Years that are offered, it's possible that one or more Use Years at #3 has sold out, and thus people have had to take #4 to get that year. Pure speculation, of course.
Or, it could also be that the pending price increases generated yet another spike in sales.
Either way, I'll be waiting patiently for the announcement of a new DVC property under development. Certainly they don't want to get into a position where they go nearly a year without any points to sell. With it taking 24-30 months to construct a DVC property, I wouldn't be surprised if an announcement was made before the end of the summer.
04-14-2004, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by tjkraz
Either way, I'll be waiting patiently for the announcement of a new DVC property under development. [...] I wouldn't be surprised if an announcement was made before the end of the summer. Boy, who does this guy think he is, some kind of DVC expert? ;) ;) ;)
I agree, Tim - if they sold out 25% of SSR in a crappy economy, think of how sales might take off if/when things improve. (Please direct any comments on "if/when things improve" to the Debate Board).
04-14-2004, 03:05 PM
I lurk around here a lot but never post but I couldn't help myself with this one - I've just bought 150 points at SSR (2 weeks ago) and have a share in Building No. 2, June Use Year. There were a lot of other Use Years available in that building too according to my guide so I don't think it can be sold out yet, let alone Building No.3??? (Though he did say there were no Use Years available at all for certain months in any building at the moment). I think tjkraz is right on the mark with the Use Year theory!
vBulletin® v3.8.4, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.