PDA

View Full Version : Just made our first PS for our trip!

DisneyLisa
04-12-2004, 12:58 PM
It's finally starting to seem real now. :Pinkbounc

I just made our first PS (for Boma) for the night we arrive in July. I already have our resort booked but I find that until I start making our PSs, it just doesn't feel like we're really going. I'll be calling each day this week for a PS as our dates for booking become available so that ought to keep be busy/happy for a while. :) I promise not to post for each one I book. ;)

88 days & 16 hrs from now we'll be pulling out of the driveway...I can't wait.

Hope everyone had a great Easter weekend.

kellyla
04-12-2004, 02:35 PM
Post away!I always like knowing where people are making their PS's.

hockey mom
04-12-2004, 02:39 PM
You can tell me on a day by day basis.

mbb
04-12-2004, 03:07 PM
Love hearing about your plans...makes me feel like I'm going too!!

hmmmm...would you like company???
;) ;)

:sunny:

DisneyLisa
04-12-2004, 03:12 PM
Sure...I've got a roof rack on my van...I can probably fit a few extra people up there. ;) LOL

bunnyfoo
04-12-2004, 04:46 PM
Mmmmmm... Boma! You'll have to eat a couple of Zebra Domes for me :)

TimNDansMom
04-12-2004, 06:05 PM
I think you will all really enjoy BOMA, Susan. It's Dh and my favourite restaurant. A perfect choice for your first night. :)

I hope I don't have to wait too long to book my next ps there! ;)

DisneyLisa
04-14-2004, 12:04 PM
OK...you asked. ;)

Just made our RFK PS for lunch on our AK day on July 13th. I know a lot of people don't like the RFCs but it's a must do for us each trip...we just love the atmosphere (don't have one here in Ottawa). I'm a Safari Club member but decided to make a PS anyway. We find we need a break from the heat when we do AK in the summer and lunch at the RFC seems to do the trick. :)

TimNDansMom
04-14-2004, 01:46 PM
I really enjoyed my solo dinner at the AK RFC last October and if it weren't for the fact that we had to leave AK to go pick up our car, I would much rather have eaten there than the one at DTD, this past March Break. For some reason, it just didn't seem to feel the same.

However, since I am also a Safari Club member now, I do look forward to going to the RFC at Yorkdale sometime soon. :)

RJS
04-14-2004, 04:10 PM
What is a Safari Club membership and what does it give you? Thanks...:hyper:

DisneyLisa
04-14-2004, 08:27 PM
Here's a link to the Safari Club site: http://www.rainforestcafe.com/SafariContactUs.asp

If you want to join, just send a money order for $15 US along with your name, address & birthdate (yes, birthdate) to:

Safari Club
Landry's Restaurants
1510 West Loop South
Houston, TX 77027
USA

You can also join at the restaurant.

soupy11
04-15-2004, 01:20 PM
I am jealous. Its so much fun planing. My wife and I have a book set up with menus, plans, budget, priority seating arrangments, and whatever else we can think up. October seems so far away but the planing seems to help.