PDA

View Full Version : REAS - Is it too late?

maminnie
04-06-2004, 06:16 PM
After reading the boards over the past weeks I was tempted to reserve the REAS but my DH is not at all interested in the spa treatment. I considered doing both treatments as suggested here but frankly I felt like time was going to be too limited for two treatments for myself. I'm a big fan of just sitting in the sun or taking a walk on deck if I have an hour away from DD and DS.

After continuing to read about all the great experiences everyone has been having with Debbie and making all the dining and spa reservations, I feel like I should have just done the package to avoid all that running around when first on the boat. We were on the 4 night Wonder a few years ago and it really is a silly way to start the trip; running around and stress!

We are sailing on the 4/17 Magic, do you think it is too late to book the REAS? Is Debbie leaving before the week is out or next week? It really sounds like she is the one that makes the REAS work so well for everyone.

If we don't book the REAS and plan on getting to the port early, will we be able to get ressies for Palos (dinner and brunch) and the spa or will all the good times be taken? It sounds like a lot of people do this package and it is making me a bit concerned that a lot will already be reserved.

Another thought, would it be inappropriate to call Debbie at the number found on the boards and ask her if the times I am interested in are still available? Frankly I would not want to go ahead and reserve/purchase this package and then be told that the Palo and spa times (of course I would have a few options) were already gone and not available.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

xnascar2x
04-07-2004, 01:15 PM
Bump

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Ontario Kim
04-07-2004, 01:30 PM
You will never know if it is too late to book the REAS until you try. IMHO I would call Debbie direct (my travel agent did just that) yesterday and we got every time we had wanted and we are leaving on the 24th. The first time we (TA) tried they just took the message and said Debbie would contact us on the 19th of April. I felt this was a little to close to our sailing date so I said "hey why not try the direct line" She did just that and Debbie was the greatest person she has ever dealt with.

The main reason I booked the REAS was I really didn't want the race to begin as soon as I boarded in order to get Spa and Palo ressies. I just want to relax.

So pick up your phone and call now. You won't regret it!! Good Luck

By the way, I believe she is leaving the Friday (Good Friday) and isn't returning until the 19th of April.

Muushka
04-07-2004, 01:51 PM
I could not figure out if you were going to do both massages or not, but here is our experience.

My husband wanted a massage, and I did not. We had to book both with Debbie, but she said we could change it when we got on the ship (for him to have both).

We were on the 7 day and Sat afternoon (upon arrival) we stopped by the Spa and tried to change it for him to have both. They said that it would be difficult because we would have to start over for him to have both, and the sea days were all booked. They talked me into getting the massage. believe it or not, I did not enjoy it. Kind of reminded me of a trip to the dental hygienest (instead of finding tatar she found muscle tension-and tried to get rid of it with a vengance :eek: ). Not sure what the moral of this story is and I know I am in the minority of the minority, but maybe your husband might not enjoy his, and maybe it will be difficult to separate the couples massage into 2.

Minnie&Mickey
04-07-2004, 04:09 PM
I'm sure this has probably been answered here before, but can you do something else instead of the couples massage? Like maybe some other spa treatment?

maminnie
04-07-2004, 05:51 PM
Thanks everyone for your advice. I did call Debbie direct today after posting my message. She really is a very nice and helpful person. Unfortunately, she said the couples spa treatments (for the REAS package) were all booked already for the Sunday and Monday days at sea. Thursday appts were still available but my guess is that one of us might be a little burned (hopefully tanned!) to really enjoy the treatment. I also preferred to have the spa experience (a stress relief) at the beginning of the cruise rather than at the end.

For all those travelling in the future and considering the REAS package, Debbie is great. Keep in mind that our cruise is 10 days out and already a number of spa treatments for days at sea are booked. So make sure you or your TA call early enough. (Per Ontario Kim's post above, she was told someone would call on the 19th and their cruise was on the 24th. Fortunately Ont. Kim called earlier and she is all set.) DCL reservation agent also said the package has to be booked at least a week in advance.

happydisfamilyof4
04-07-2004, 06:51 PM
Could you please pass along Debbie's direct number? I am on the May 15th magic and want to make sure that I can get my reservations before the good times are all gone. Thanks:D

maminnie
04-08-2004, 07:26 AM
I called 800-511-1333 ext. 67411. I got a DCL rep who asked for my reservation number, put me on hold, and then Debbie came on the line in a short amount of time. From what Debbie said, she is leaving by tomorrow (Friday) at noon for vacation. I would try to reach her today.

Good luck getting what you want. We decided not to do it simply because there were no reservations for Sunday or Monday (for the couples treatment/REAS package) and DH really didn't want to do the spa treatment. He just wanted me to book the REAS so I didn't have to do the ressie rush. As I am running around on the ship the first hour or so, I hope I don't regret it!!

Good luck.