PDA

View Full Version : Help- confused about what drinks (non-alcol). are avial. where

amtmommy
03-18-2004, 12:55 PM
Could someone explain to me what drinks are free at the lunch places like, topsider, plutos,pinochios, if any are.
I know that at the resteraunts you can have soda with your meals, but am conufused what you do at the others.

If you buy the soda package do you get a sticker or have to lug around a mug with you.

Also the beer mug that is refillable, do you have to bring that to get the 22 oz for 16 oz price?

mickeyboat
03-18-2004, 01:00 PM
water, juices (apple and orange and I am sure there are others), milk, tea and soda (possibly more I missed) are available in the dining rooms.

the deck 9 drink station is in the same area as topsiders, pluto's and pinnochio's and lemonade, tea, milk, water, coffee, tea and hot chocolate are available free there.

The soda package gives you a sticker to put on your card. No need to lug the mug

You do however have to lug the beer mug. When you present it for filling, you get a fresh, chilled one. I don't think the draft beer was available in the dining rooms but DH would sometimes just fill up before dinner.

Have a great time!

Denae

crisi
03-18-2004, 01:11 PM
Deck 9 drink station had:

Iced Tea (unsweetened)
Cold Water
Hot Water
Tea Bags (not a bad selection of Herbal and traditional)
Hot Chocolate packets
Coffee (reg and decaf)
Cream
Milk
Lemonade
Fruit Punch
Cups
Sugar
Equal and Sweet&Low (I think), I did not notice Splenda
Stir Sticks
Ice

We ate lunch at the Pizza window one day - picked up our drinks at the drink station - I don't know if you could get them at the window and we were just clueless or not.

When we ate at Topsiders (BBB on our cruise), it was breakfast. Coffee, juice and milk were available at Topsiders at the end of the buffet. Didn't eat there in the evening, so I'm not sure what is at the end of the buffet then.

tkd lisa
03-18-2004, 02:45 PM
And the beer mug isn't the same system as the soda. I think it's something like the mug holds 22 oz, and you refill it (only when it's with you) for the same price as a normal 16 oz glass. I'm not sure on those sizes, just trying to give you an idea of the way it works.

As far as the soda, it's Coke products, but the soda program also gets you club soda or tonic. I got pretty tired of diet coke, so I had them give me tonic water with a lime in it most of the time.

Topsiders drinks (and the drinks at Cookies BBQ) are iced team, fruit punch and sometimes lemonade during lunch. Not sure about dinner. If you want a soda at topsiders, you have to go out to one of the bars, can't buy it at topsiders.

mmouse37
03-18-2004, 03:33 PM
During lunch at topsiders they have a wheeled cooler that they sell beer or canned soda out of so you don't have to go to the bar for soda...you can just buy a can at the end of the buffet line.

They have glasses of fruit punch and iced tea lined up at the end of the buffet for lunch.

MJ

bobbiwoz
05-13-2004, 12:38 PM
Will I be able to have herbal mint or peppermint tea at dinner, in the dining room?

Bobbi:D

thomprod
05-13-2004, 12:42 PM
Yes, Bobbi. If you ask for tea, they will present you with a basket of teabags from which to choose. There are many flavors, herbals and decaf teas as well.

DMS_cruisers04
05-13-2004, 12:42 PM
MJ, is the soda cart an option if you have the soda package (sticker)?

bobbiwoz
05-13-2004, 12:51 PM
Thanks, thomprod! One less thing that I have to bring!

Bobbi:D

jrydberg
05-13-2004, 12:54 PM
You cannot get a can of soda from the cart with the soda package. On Castaway Cay, I was directed to the bar by the soda cart person. Not really a big deal since there are ample places to get soda from.

DMS_cruisers04
05-13-2004, 02:59 PM
Thanks jrydberg, I was hoping it was going to be that easy, but oh well.