PDA

View Full Version : Grrr!!Bloody Travel City Direct!!

lisagirlyUK
03-18-2004, 09:31 AM
HI,

I am so confused and slightly angry - why do Travel City Direct keep contradicting themselves?? and their customer services leave a hell of a lot to be desired!!!

Firstly we have booked a villa - I know of loads of people who have dont this and requested their location in advance and it even says on our invoice that villas are allocated on a 'request basis'. Yet whenever I call them to try and request a location, I am told that all villas are allocated on arrival and always have been and they wont accept any requests!

Secondly, it clearly states on their website and in the paperwork I have just received the following:
'PLEASE NOTE THAT ALTHOUGH MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY FOR A VILLA IS 2 PERSONS PER BEDROOM PLUS 2 ON THE SLEEPER SOFA, WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND FOR COMFORT PURPOSES THAT THE SLEEPER SOFA IS NOT UTILISED AS A BED. FOR ADVICE AND/OR AMENDING AN EXISTING BOOKING TO A LARGER VILLA, PLEASE CONTACT OUR CUSTOMER SERVICES DEPT'

well there are 7 of us - 6 adults and a 3 year old. We have been concerned where we are going to put the 3 year old and have previously tried to request an extra bed or some kind of cot (she is in a normal bed at home). So I have tried to speak to them on seceral occassions as my sister is not happy at putting the little one on a sofa bed - especially now. But i was told basically that they are ok and they dont know why that is on their site an paperwork!

Every time I have called their customer services have been most unhelpful. I understand its still early (not going til August) but they didnt even give us the option of upgrading to a 4 bed which I would pay for - it just feels like I am talking to a brick wall. I just get the basic 'thats just the way it is' or 'dont know why it says that'.

grrrrrrr!!!!

xsred
03-18-2004, 09:34 AM
I am glad I didn't book through them now, I was going to, but in the end I managed to do it all cheaper myself booking it all individually. I am sorry that you are having problems though, but looks from the board you are not the only one!

rob@rar.org.uk
03-18-2004, 10:29 AM
I've always booked DIY so I'm not too sure about this, but don't all the major package companies allocate your villa on arrival? Are TCD any different in this respect?

Regards

Rob

nuttytart
03-18-2004, 01:13 PM
Lisa, I have sent you a PM.

kipper
03-19-2004, 02:39 AM
I had the opposite:bounce:
I booked a named location with travel city direct and paid extra for the privilige, but on arrival (7 hours delay at gatwick)was given a villa at a different location and was not very impressed at the cleaniness and massive ant infestation.
Did complain and got 100 compensation which was the extra cost for the named location.
Traveling with Travel city direct this july but made arrangements for accomodation myself.:hyper: :yo-yo: