PDA

View Full Version : What is the cheapest rate you have found at GC, PP or DL??

Peter Pan Fan
06-24-2001, 05:10 PM
We are looking to go back to DL one more time this year - I would ideally stay at the GC but don't want to spend $300 a night. Has anyone gotten any good rates for the rest of this year and any of the three hotels? (we will probably go in Sept or Oct).

We have AAA and DC - any good deals with that either?

Thanks for any help!

Susan

LuvTigger
06-24-2001, 05:55 PM
You probably won't consider this a good deal, but it's $100 less than if I booked through Disney (I got it through DU, with a DC discount). DU said that Disneyland will only discount packages with DC, 10% off the room portion. A couple of DISers said if you call Disneyland directly, you can get 10% off room-only reservations. However, I think in this case the package pretty much breaks even with room only and adding all the other stuff on (unlike WDW).

This is what I got for $1160 (we're going Oct. 9-12):
- 3 nights at GC, theme park view (standard view would have been just under $1000)
- 2 adult 3-day park hopper passes
- 2 adult character breakfasts at Storyteller's Cafe (I paid $11 per person extra for this...the package normally comes with a theme park breakfast)
- taxes included
- parking included
- $10 ESPN game card
- plus some other souvenir thing, and I think a couple of pin lanyards.

I think AAA offers about the same discount. Hope that helps in your research!

Peter Pan Fan
06-24-2001, 06:19 PM
Thanks LuvTigger - that info does help!

Anyone else?

Euphscott
06-25-2001, 12:44 PM
We a package for Oct. 7-11 (four nights) at GCH for $1329.

This includes passes for two, a two day car rental (Lion King here we come!!), airport transfers and the "extras" that were listed above.

We used our local travel agent and the Disney Club card. October is value season, so that helps a lot.

Peter Pan Fan
06-29-2001, 02:35 PM
Thanks all!

I gave Disney a call directly yesterday (the 714 number, not DC) and spoke with THE most helpful CM Nancy. She gave me a rate of $150/night at PP which I believe is a AAA discount. That seems pretty good to me! I didn't inquire about the other hotels but if they have a good deal at the GC we may upgrade.

Thanks again !

pattievers
06-29-2001, 06:50 PM
Be sure to check back closer to your departure. They are offering $150 for summer, I believe.

I have read of people getting $99 rates with AAA.

I have also seen $120 on Travelocity and such. Be sure to check www.mousesavers. com

Patti

doodlebug
07-11-2001, 04:08 PM
You might want to also try calling getawaytoday.com. They have a nice web site but I called with questions and ended up getting an even better deal than on their site... 4 nights at the Disneyland hotel, 2 adult & 1 child ultimate park hopper passes, early morning entery ever day I am there (when available) and coupon book all for $899.00.