PDA

View Full Version : Got PSB -- now friends backing out!

MeekoB
03-09-2004, 04:27 PM
Our family of three is going to WDW for the first time as a family (my husband and I went before the little one came along). We are meeting some good friends during that time. Because our friends also have a little one, we got a reservation for 6 at the PSB on May 1, 2004 at 8:30am by calling 90 days out.

NOW my friends are backing out! Of course there are no reservations for 3 people available now.

I really want to go to the breakfast!!

Besides continuing to call and see if we can get a reservation for 3, does anyone have any suggestions?

Sheila

cjsmith
03-09-2004, 04:56 PM
Since you have your PS already, you should be able to keep it. I've had PS made that included my 3 kids and then have had them back out at the last minute because they would rather have room servie (they're older) and I've always been able to keep my PS.
Did you cancel the PS yet?

ellenec
03-09-2004, 08:52 PM
This has happened to me numerous times- whether or not someone got sick, backed out or if an extra person decided to come at the last minute. We have always told the CM what happened and it has not been a problem. So, don't cancel those reservations!!!::MinnieMo

MeekoB
03-09-2004, 10:02 PM
Thanks for the encouragement. We haven't cancelled yet. I was concerned about just showing up with only three because of the cancellation policy and the credit card guarantee. I was concerned that Disney would charge me for the three people who don't show.

Anyone have any experience with this?

disneyjunkie
03-09-2004, 10:20 PM
Have you called to see if you can just change the number of people on your PS? I don't see why it would be a problem to go from a party of 6 to a party of 3.

Aimeedyan
03-09-2004, 11:44 PM
I just happened to be on the phone with my mom when I read this! Snes a Disney reservationist, btw.

She said that if you reserve a 6 topper, and only show up with 3, then you will be charged for the other 3 people because they are losing space for 3 people. Its not that they can just seperate tables or anything and seat 2 3 party groups, it seats 6.

For really popular character meals like this one, you have to cancel it and make a new reservation.

Her advice was to seek 3 other people when you get there. LIke in your resort or in the parks. People are dying to get in that didn't get reservations, and surely you'd find 3 more people that would love to share a table with you! Usually, people linger outside of them hoping for a no-show, but since its before park opening, she suggested you ask around at your resort when you arrive and find some people to join you.

She said this happens all the time, and people get upset with them, but thats their policy.

Good luck to you, I really hope you can find a way to do this... totally sucks those people bailed on you. =(

renessa
03-10-2004, 05:58 AM
Couldn't you just modify the reservation (call them) now, so there is no penalty. Don't cancel, just see if they can adjust it for 3??? Good luck!!

punkin
03-10-2004, 06:41 AM
Why don't you post your dates and times on this board and get 3 DISers to come with you? You'll make you breakfast and meet 3 (I'm sure) wonderful people who will be forever grateful to you)

beattyfamily
03-10-2004, 10:39 AM
I had a similar problem for our December trip. I booked the Fantasmic package (CC required for no shows) for 9 of us (they told me it was 2 tables) and then as we got closer, the family of 4 backed out.

I called right away to change it from 9 to 5 people (eliminating one table) and I got a nasty CM. She told me there was no way to go from 2 tables for 9 to 1 table for 5. I said what if I cancel. Then can I get one of those tables I just released? She said no. It doesn't work that way. It would go back into the system at some point but she didn't know when. She was of no help whatsoever. I needed to cancel though because I was not going to be charged for 9 people when only 5 were going.

I canceled with her and immediately called back and talked with a much nicer CM and she got me the table for 5 and I had plenty of times to choose from!

Maybe if you keep calling, you will get a nice CM who is willing to go the extra mile to help you.

Good luck!

MeekoB
03-10-2004, 11:45 AM
I want to thank everyone for the information so far. I did call and was told that I could not change the PS of 6 to one of 3 and that there were no PS available for 3.

Punkin, thanks for the suggestion. I think I am going to try and see if something opens up by calling for a few weeks, but if that does not work out, I am going to see if we can get some dining companions.

cdpa4d
03-10-2004, 03:09 PM
MeekoB,
What dates did you cancel the for 3 people. I am trying to book for 3 on May 7th and can't get in.
ADP :D

tjmw2727
03-10-2004, 03:19 PM
That's my pet peeve about Disney Dining PS System. For some reason the computer system does not allow for modifying a PS - I can't beleive they can't address that somehow.

I had a few PS's set up for our November trip last year and at the last minute DH got time off from work and was able to join us - yeah! Except they could not change a PS from 3 to 4, makes no sense as there really isn't a table for 3 and we were probably already at a 4 top.

For us none of the PS's we had were cc securied so we just showed up with 4 instead of 3 (as instructed by several dining CM's) and we were fine. I wouldn't suggest that with a cc'd guarantee PS though.

I would keep trying to get a new PS at the PSB for just the three of you on any morning that works during your vacation. Best bet is to try in the morning I have heard that's when the cancellations go back into the system. If you do get a new PS then you can go ahead and cancel your PS for 6. Be sure and get the cancellation number so your cc'd dosen't get hit.

TJ