PDA

View Full Version : Charged for making ressie?

Citygirl1
03-09-2004, 01:52 PM
I noticed today that my debit card has been charged $60.00 and it said chgd by WDW and then the phone number. What is this charge? Will they take this $60.00 off our breakfast? I was under the impression that you weren't charged unless you didn't show up?:confused:

wdwstar
03-09-2004, 02:03 PM
i would call that # asap and find out, what kind of ps was it?

i would never give out or use a debt card, if you have a cc attached to your debt card always use the cc .

is it breakfast with cindy at the castle? i think they require a cc for the booking but not suppose to charge until you have eaten there unless, your dates were wrong and you were suppose to have been there and you were a no show then they charge your card, that sounds like what they did, its usually $60 no show,

call , let us know what happened:eek:

Topper
03-09-2004, 02:03 PM
What restaurant did you make the PS for? For CRT or PSB there is a charge that is deducted from your total meal.

MeekoB
03-09-2004, 02:14 PM
Citygirl1 --

I saw on another thread that you made a reservation for 6 at CRT. They charge a $10 deposit for each person. Hence, the $60. The charge was made probably a week or so after you called and made the reservation (at least that is what happened with me for our ressie's in May).

When you attend the meal, the $60 will be taken off your bill. If you cancel more than 48 hours in advance your $60 will be refunded.

Sheila

Citygirl1
03-10-2004, 02:11 PM
Okay, I called and the lady informed me that when ever you make a ressie for breakfast at the castle, you will be charged a $10.00 deposit per adult and $5.00 per child. She said it will be taken off the price of our breakfast. I had said in previous post I needed ressies for 6, when in reality I needed 7, which is what I got. But I couldn't figure out why $60.00 and she said because the oldest child was 12 and that is considered adult. So it added up, and now I understand, however, a few years back when we went to Disney, we ate at the castle and the ressies were made with help from Howie, and therefore our ressies were in "Aunt Judy's" name. So I'm thinking, do I owe "Aunt Judy" some money? Was she charged then, like I was this time? :confused:

BrerMama
03-10-2004, 03:45 PM
No, you don't owe anybody any money. :teeth: This charge was instituted because there were actually people making multiple reservations for Cindy's and then "selling" them for profit or at least giving them away when they never had any intention of going themselves. By charging this depost and insisting that the credit card holder be at the breakfast (regardless of how you eventually pay), Disney has cut down on the black market for Cindy's ressies.

Citygirl1
03-10-2004, 07:28 PM
Thanks for clearing that up! I asked my DH how much our breakfast cost last time and when he told me I pretty much figured we didn't owe any more!! I'm totally okay with the deposit since it comes off our meal, I guess I was so excited when I got the ressies, I didn't even hear her when she told me about the deposit!! :crazy:

QJ411
03-10-2004, 08:37 PM
HI!
When you get your bill at Cindy's breakfast, try to "remind" the CM that your card was charged $60.

When we went in Dec., the CM said they don't credit the $20 (only my DH and I) at the castle and it would be credited to my card later. (I was charged the full price for the breakfast). A month later, I had to email WDW CRO to follow up, then the next week, my credit showed on my debit card.

Have fun and ENJOY!!!:teeth: :wave2: :wave2:

Doodlebug939
03-13-2004, 09:13 PM
I had a similar problem in November when we had breakfast at the castle. I was charged $25 when I originally made the reservation. Not a big deal I had expected as much.

And when we got their I used the connections vouchers. The gentlemen was very friendly and told me to sign them and as I got up to leave I remembered that I had made a deposit. So I asked him about it. He went in the back and checked on it and said that they had no proof that we had paid the deposit. And I said, "Well it is my understanding that everyone makes a deposit now." Not in a rude way or anything but he recommended that I call the PS reservation number and explain the problem to them. Which I did and the CM was really nice about it and credited my charge card. It was handled very nicely and super fast on her end. But I wonder how many people like me forget about the deposit and use the vouchers?

I still had a wonderful time and I am glad that I did it but I dont know that I will go there again this year. I want to try a few other places first. Enjoy your trip!