PDA

View Full Version : Storybook Princess b'fast and Cinderella's Gala Feast at Park Fare

crazyforgoofy
03-09-2004, 09:51 AM
Booked them both this morning for Isabella's 6th birthday celebration in early June. Her birthday wish is to spend time with the princesses. We have a fairly late breakfast and a regular dinner time. She's SO excited and so are her half sister and her cousins. I'm hoping this isn't too many characters and too much sit down eating for them in one day.

We've never done either of these character meals. Anything I should know?

Also how should we dress for the dinner at 1900 Park Fare?
And should I call Park Fare directly to arrange a birthday cake or is there a central # to do that?

Thanks for your help.

Mary Alice

JBurke
03-09-2004, 10:47 AM
If you call back Disney Dining they can arrange a cake for you at 1900 Park Fare for a fee.
For free, you can request a Birthday Cupcake for your little princess through Disney Dining.
I reminded the restaurant when we checked in for our reservations as well.
We did this in August for our daughter's 6ht birthday. When we got to our table they had a special platics placemat for her to keep which had pictures of Cincerella and friends with their autographs.
The waitress brought the cupcake with candle out after dinner and sang Happy Birthday (the characters do not sing for you).

The table next to us, also celebreating a birthday, had a cake. The only problem with a cake I think is what are you going to do with the leftovers. Plus there are plenty of desserts to choose from at Park Fare that I wanted to make sure we had room in our tummys to sample them all.

As for dressing at 1900 Park Fare, you dont have to dress up. Most people were in their regular park clothes. Some kids were dressed in princess outfits (but you see that more at Cincerella's breakfast in the castle) We dressed up in our matching Disney Store outfits (sun dresses for us girls and button down shirts with khaki shorts for the boys)

Have fun, both places are very nice.

grimp
03-10-2004, 01:54 AM
My wife and I took our 12 year old granddaughter to the Storybook Princess Breakfast this Feb. I noticed that most of the child guests were closer to 6 years old than 12, but she had a fun time anyway. It would have been fun with just the two of us 60 year olds. I would judge that all the children had a great time from my observation of the excitement.

Don't worry about eating too much cause the food is not outstanding enough to make you overeat, although you are offered all you care to eat. Not that it is bad, but just that you would think that Disney could do a better job than Dennys. All the princesses were both beautiful and gracious; I could tell that my granddaugher enjoyed the attention. The castle atmosphere is quite pleasant, and the table service was good. You will be glad your little ones had the experience.