PDA

View Full Version : Garden Grill Ice Cream Social Question

DisneyShack
03-08-2004, 09:27 PM
Have never been to the Garden Grill Ice Cream Social in Epcot but have been thinking about making a PS as a surprise for DW and DD 2 and 5. Is it worth it? I know there are characters at it (Mickey and Friends). Anyone been there and what is it like? Thanks. :wave:

CEDmom
03-09-2004, 03:51 AM
We (DH, DD-3 1/2 at the time and I) went to this last May and thought it was great. The character interaction was better than at any meal we'd been to. This may be because not that many people were there when we went. We had Mickey, Goofy, Chip and Dale visit our table and sit with us. They each played with DD for a few minutes and she loved it. The ice cream itself was very good but very large. For the 3 of us it cost $25 including tip. We saved ourselves some $ by drinking the ice water provided rather than ordering additional drinks. We'd definitely do this again :D .

jgates
03-09-2004, 09:17 PM
DD & I really enjoyed it. I know others have not been as thrilled. I was VERY happy to get sugar free ice cream that tasted GOOD!!! If I can work it into my schedule we will definitely go back.

Megan's Mom
03-09-2004, 09:28 PM
It was a nice treat in the afternoon and a nice break for the hot temps outside. The characters were great and the sunflowers on the wall look really great in the pictures.