PDA

View Full Version : Does WDW save PS times or seats?

lenshanem
03-08-2004, 12:53 PM
Just curious. Do they save times? For example, not all seats are released at 90 days out. Some are released later at 60 days, 30 days or seats are saved for those calling from their WDW rooms, concierge, etc.

Thoughts? I'm curious cause I have another thread on here where I called this morning at 90 days out and the latest seating they had was at 6:00 for Sci-Fi.

jel0511
03-08-2004, 01:06 PM
I've had this happen to me when making PS's for MGM restaurants. Since they aren't sure of park hours yet, they assume the park will close early. When park hours are released, they will then up the restaurant hours, giving later dinner times. I'd lock-in the 6:00 time, in case the park does close at 7PM that night.

BCV23
03-08-2004, 01:13 PM
I do believe that WDW does hold back a substantial amount of seats for most restaurants...maybe not the breakfasts though.

However I think your problem with SciFi has to do with a new policy for scheduling MK & MGM restaurants for evening PSs. For a few months now, no one seems to be able to schedule PSs for those parks' restaurants until closer to the actual date. Even when hours are first released, the later PSs don't open right away in my experience. I'd try to call again at 2 months out, 6 weeks, 1 month etc.. In fact this reminds me that I need to try to get a later PS for our trip in 16 days!:sunny: Thanks for the reminder.

BrerMama
03-08-2004, 01:47 PM
Nevermind. For some reason I can't delete this post.

lenshanem
03-08-2004, 03:10 PM
Wow, this makes it really hard to know when to call before the actual time you want gets taken. Luck of the draw?!?

I wish they'd post park hours earlier. It makes it really hard anyway to book dinner times and coordinate with the night shows.