PDA

View Full Version : rehitchin cerem./B-day celeb

bht@toast.net
03-07-2004, 07:39 PM
We are going to disney in June. I've seen in a couple of places something about a rehitchin ceremony. What exactly is this? Where do they perform them? I've heard the CG at the Grand Floridian, but don't know much else about it or if there's any other places that do this. We are celebrating our 10th wed. anniv. and would like to celebrate our daughters 9th b-day too. Tell us all you know about the celeb.
Thank,
SOOOOOOOOO excited!!!!

Eeyore1954
03-08-2004, 07:49 AM
The Rehitching Ceremony is done only at the Garden Grill in the Land at EPCOT. I'd recommend making a PS for the meal, so you can note "Rehitching ceremony" on the PS. Note: When you make the PS, the CM probably will not know anything about the ceremony. That's ok -- just ask them to note it on the PS anyway.

When you arrive, remind the CM when you check-in that you want to do the rehitching ceremony. This can be noted on your table card.

The ceremony is usually done at the end of the meal. Your server will ask you to exchange I do's again and then kiss to the count of 100! Everyone counts to 10 by 1's, then from 10 to 100 by 10's. Sometimes the characters can stand in for the ceremony. If you have a meal, they may bring a cake for dessert.

It is loads of fun to do and a great way to celebrate an anniversary.

slmjam
03-08-2004, 08:51 AM
We just did this last week and it was SOOOO much fun!! A couple CM's asked us to exchange our I do's, Mickey Mouse was our "minister", and Dale was our "best man". Loads of fun....after my husband and I kissed, Dale covered up my husband's eyes and then grabbed me and continued kissing me all over my face. Our kids thought it was hilarious that Dale wouldn't let my husband see what was going on. We also got a small cake for dessert and an "official rehitchin' certificate" for the ceremony. Definitely a FUN way to celebrate!!!

skippelm
03-08-2004, 04:10 PM
Sounds so fun! Do they always do this? At any meal? This might change my eating plans!

:teeth:

bht@toast.net
03-08-2004, 07:58 PM
Thanks for the great information. I forgot one thing though, is the rehitchen cerem. break., lunch or dinner?

Thanks again!!!!!

slmjam
03-08-2004, 10:57 PM
The Garden Grill doesn't do breakfast anymore. We were there for lunch. I think you can also do the rehitchin' during the ice cream social; I'm not sure if it's done at dinner.

Just as a side note, I felt really lucky to have Mickey and Dale participate in our rehitchin'. I've seen other posts on this board from people who have done this and the characters were not involved. I think we had a little extra pixie dust showered on us last week! :love1: