PDA

View Full Version : Earl of Sandwich - is it a sit-down restaurant?

Pig Pen
03-07-2004, 04:04 PM
What is the format? Is it sit-down, carry-out, or is it counter-service?

LibertyBelle
03-07-2004, 07:26 PM
It is a counter service resturant

Luv2Roam
03-07-2004, 09:54 PM
I haven't bought food there -- just pins! ;) :jester: They released six different types of LE200 each! :Pinkbounc

Well -- back to the question at hand. Counter service, with lots of tables around -- inside and out if I recall correctly.
The sandwiches looked VERY good and fresh. I was there early afternoon and had already eaten.
I DO have a menu with me. :)
Here are a few items listed: (commercial ;) )

All Hot Sandwiches $4.95 each --
The Earl Hotties -- Fresh Made to Order -- Hot Sandwiches on our Hearth Baked Loaf
* The Original (Fresh Roasted beef, Cheddar & Creamy Horseradish Sauce)
* Beef n' Bleu (Roast beef, bleu cheese, lettuce, tomato)
* The Florentine (Grilled chicken breast with creamed spinach, sauteed mushrooms and parmesan cheese)

And the list goes on -- They include Tuna Melt, Caribbean Jerk Chicken, Cannonballs (Meatballs and cheese) The Frenchy (with ham and brie cheese), etc.....
Tossed Bowl Salads -- $5.95 each (The Earl's Cobb & Chinese Chicken)

Grab n' Go sandwiches, classic salads

Ice cream sandwiches, brownies, cookies, turnovers, etc. ($1.95 - $2.45 each)

Earl Grey Lemonade (Lemonade and Earl Grey tea -- $1.75 for 22 oz.
Smoothies -- $2.95
beers
wines...

Hot Breakfast Sandwiches $4.95 (3 choices)
407-938-1762

www.earlofsandwichusa.com

Crazy Hakim
03-09-2004, 12:46 PM
I ate there yesterday (3/8/04)
It's a little confusing, you place your order at the beginning of the line, but for sandwiches only.... they enter it into what looks like a cash register, but it's not, you don't pay there.... You only order sandwiches, if you want a salad, you collect an over-sized "Chinese Looking" To-Go box and hand it to an attendant..... They make up your salad as required..... They clearly show the "Lemonade" but it's not the type of lemonade most are accustom to! Then there is a ice case of bottled sodas and waters and beers but no mention of soda dispensers (which are there, you just don't notice them on your first trip thru) so I ended up paying $2.50 for two bottles of soda when I would have preferred soda by the cup. THEN you reach the register where you had back your Order Ticket, they charge you for your items (the salads and drinks are NOT on that ticket) then you pay and sit down to wait for them to call out your order number.

Don't get me wrong, the sandwich and the salad were very good, the system is really confusing.

bunnyfoo
03-09-2004, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Crazy Hakim
I ate there yesterday (3/8/04)
It's a little confusing, you place your order at the beginning of the line, but for sandwiches only.... they enter it into what looks like a cash register, but it's not, you don't pay there.... You only order sandwiches, if you want a salad, you collect an over-sized "Chinese Looking" To-Go box and hand it to an attendant..... They make up your salad as required..... They clearly show the "Lemonade" but it's not the type of lemonade most are accustom to! Then there is a ice case of bottled sodas and waters and beers but no mention of soda dispensers (which are there, you just don't notice them on your first trip thru) so I ended up paying $2.50 for two bottles of soda when I would have preferred soda by the cup. THEN you reach the register where you had back your Order Ticket, they charge you for your items (the salads and drinks are NOT on that ticket) then you pay and sit down to wait for them to call out your order number.

Don't get me wrong, the sandwich and the salad were very good, the system is really confusing.

That sounds pretty confusing :confused: You have me curious now ... What's the lemonade like? :p

Luv2Roam
03-09-2004, 05:22 PM
I will have to eat there sometime this week. :)
I am guessing the lemonade is "Earl Grey Lemonade (Lemonade and Earl Grey tea".
In Omaha there was a restaurant that offered what they called Memphis Tea, which was part lemonade and part ice tea. I am guessing this is the same. :confused:
The set up almost sounds like the Pepper Market at CSR, but with another step thrown in.

LizPR
03-09-2004, 07:35 PM
I ate at the Earl of Sandwich on Sunday night. The system is confusing. The ordering line moves quickly, but once you pay you have to wait for your number to be called. They do not have an intercom, so a bunch of people end up milling around the end of the line.

However, the sandwich was worth it. I had the Florentine. It had a wonderful flavor. All the hot sandwiches are $4.95 and are served on hearth baked bread. I was pleasantly surprised that the chicken was thick deli slices of chicken and not a piece of a chicken on a bun. I always find those difficult to eat.

They also have wrap sandwiches.

Crazy Hakim
03-09-2004, 11:11 PM
>What's the lemonade like?

More like a lemon flavored ice tea.
More tea than lemonade.