PDA

View Full Version : Rose and Crown or Coral Reef

cindy21494
03-07-2004, 12:26 PM
How is the Rose and Crown for picky eaters? I am trying to decide between this and Coral Reef. Please tell me your opinions on this.

A Mickeyfan
03-07-2004, 02:17 PM
We have had lunch at both..and liked the Rose & Crown much better...especially for picky eaters..... I also liked the prices better too!!!

stacy6552
03-07-2004, 05:52 PM
Honestly, both are all about the view. Neither has won us over food wise. If you can get rose and crown for dinner at around 7:30, then go for it. Otherwise, punt and go for coral reef (arrive early and ask to wait for a tank side table) which has the view all the time.

cruisnfamily
03-07-2004, 06:14 PM
Never eaten at Rose and Crown but the food at Coral Reef was yucky! It was way overpriced and not very good. We sat right next to the tank and that was great but we'll never eat there again because of the food.

Micca
03-07-2004, 07:19 PM
We haven't dined at Coral Reef in 15 years. We go to R&C almost every trip. The menus will be pretty different. I think it depends on what you want to eat.:earsboy:

hannahryan
03-07-2004, 07:26 PM
Does the Rose & Crown have "american" fries or steak fries for my picky 7 year old? Thanks.
::MinnieMo

honeymom
03-08-2004, 08:53 AM
I don't remember the food at R&C except that I hated my meal. I remember Coral Reef being way overpriced, mediocre food, but very accomodating for my daughter. She was 1 at the time, wouldn't eat a thing on their kids menu. The waiter discussed all the options of what they had in the kitchen and the chef wound up making my daughter scrambled eggs. Also, when she was having a tough time, the hostess scooped her up and took her to see the fish so that we could have some time to ourselves.

www.allearsnet.com is the best menu resource.

tinkgrl
03-08-2004, 09:03 AM
hi,

Never been to Coral Reef but we always go to R&C. Really good!! Enjoy!

Allison

vicb
03-08-2004, 03:43 PM
We just ate at R&C two weeks ago and really liked it.

DD ordered kids grilled chicken breast with mashed potatoes.

DS ordered kids grilled chicken breast with french fries.

I had English Pie sampler (loved it), Dh had prawns and steak(good). We also split a green salad.

All shared the fruit and cheese plate which had very nice red grapes, strawberries, cheddar and blue cheese with water crackers.

You also get a roll basket (plain rolls) with butter. I had some peanut butter with me for DS who doesn't eat butter on rolls.

I thought it was a good place, especially for picky kids!