PDA

View Full Version : Your Honest Opinion on Disney Coffee

JACKNAG
03-07-2004, 09:30 AM
I have many refiilable mugs and have bought many cups of coffee at breakfast buffets and sit downs.

My wife and I love a good cup coffee but at Disney it seems to be missing something.

Please give your honest opinions or just finish the sentence.

The __________(your resort or restaurant) coffee
tastes like ______.

Your opinion could be good or bad.

Thanks
Jack

heffalump9
03-07-2004, 09:49 AM
Nescafe can never be considered real coffee!

The only real coffee we have found has been at the Boma (Kenya AA) - AKL and the Kona Cafe (Kona) - Poly. :teeth:

timC
03-07-2004, 10:01 AM
There are a couple of standouts. The kona coffee at the Kona Cafe is very good... They'll bring you a press pot, and brew it right at your table. World-class Hawaiian coffee. Excellent.

At Boma's, they also offer a press pot of African coffee. I don't recall what region. Another unique coffee flavour. Excellent.

Other than that, the coffee at the finer restaurants are ok, but nothing special.

I've had the coffee at the refill stations at VWL, CS, AKL. The flavors resemble coffee, and you get all the caffeine, but it's not real coffee for the serious coffee drinker.

We usually grind up a pound of Starbucks, and have a coffee maker sent to our room.

helenk
03-07-2004, 11:10 AM
In 2002 I stayed at the WL and in 2003 I stayed at the POR and the coffee was horrible. There is not enough cream to make it taste good.

JACKNAG
03-07-2004, 11:51 AM
We have never tried Kona's Coffee,

I agree on not enough cream I must open up a million sugars and creamers when Im making the coffee, to try to get it to taste good, then I have to mic it, Its some kind of sad ritual. Seems to be the routine for me no matter what resort we stay, We never stayed at the Poly though.

Jack

Pig Pen
03-07-2004, 03:15 PM
I actually bought coffee at the McDonald's kiosk in Epcot because I was craving anything except the vile stuff at the resorts.

We had a press pot at Boma, but there was only enough for 3 cups and there were 4 of us and my cheapskate dad refused to allow us to order a 2nd one :rolleyes:

I will be taking a bag of Green Mountain Coffee Roasters with me in April. Two weeks of Nescafe would make me very cranky.

bunnyfoo
03-07-2004, 03:32 PM
The pressed pot coffees at Boma, Jiko and Kona cafe are very good :) I think at Jiko and Boma they use either Kenyan or Arabic coffee, I'm not sure ... it was much better than the coffee at the Mara. :)

sotoalf
03-07-2004, 03:56 PM
Citricos serves pressed coffee. As far as other restaurants, Boma, Jiko, and Kona Cafe probably offer the best coffee.

solotraveler
03-07-2004, 04:12 PM
Boma, Jiko, Kona Cafe, Fountainview at Epcot... all great coffee.

At the resorts...well... it's better than nothing! ;)

Solotraveler:earsboy:
(A guy who is truly appreciates a good cup of dark roast)

WebmasterKathy
03-07-2004, 05:30 PM
Disney coffee (except for the few exceptions already mentioned) - YUCK, YUCK, YUCK. This stuff does not deserve to be called coffee!!!!

I'll once again be bringing my own small pot, and my own Starbucks Colombian that I will grind myself before I pack it...

Chuck S
03-07-2004, 05:59 PM
It really depends. Some on-site restaurants have pretty good Nescafe and others are just...well...awful. I don't know what the difference is, if it is a fresher batch or if their is a different mix ratio or what. But, I can't say as I really like Starbucks, either. I do grind my own at home, mixing Ethiopian Yerbacheffe with Ethiopian Harrar and a deep French Roast.

hannahryan
03-07-2004, 07:44 PM
With so many wonderful coffees available today, why on earth would Disney choose Nescafe? Money?
::MinnieMo

bavaria
03-07-2004, 08:33 PM
It tastes like a brown crayon dipped in warm water! :D (I used to work for Nestle, so I can say that!)

In January I had to go off property to do some work, and stopped at the closest Starbucks to WDW (at the premium outlets, another one is at Orlando World Center Marriott)

took my latte back to the Beach Club and sat on the dock waiting for the boat - at least ten people came up and asked where I bought my Starbucks!

Best option is to get an espresso drink for varying cost and quality. Some locations are hand made, many are automated. Best value and quality is the espresso cart in Italy at Epcot. (Note that there are a variety of coffee carts around World Showcase, and they also vary in quality and price)

Or go to Target and buy the cheapest coffeemaker for $6.95 if you have no inroom coffee. Target also sells Starbucks coffee along with other brands.

ahutton
03-07-2004, 10:13 PM
I've had good coffee at Spoodles (maybe I was coffee starved??) and also at the stand outside the Boardwalk. Tubbis in the Dolphin serves Starbucks coffee, worth a walk over if you are in the area. We are DVCers though, so often I'll just bring or buy my favorite home brand.

jann1033
03-07-2004, 10:41 PM
stinks in general.

Boma press pot was ok but not the best coffee I ever had or anything. due to being not all that impressed with Boma's we just got the Kona Blend at Kona cafe. it was pretty good especailly compared to the rest of wdw swill.

jann1033
03-07-2004, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by hannahryan
With so many wonderful coffees available today, why on earth would Disney choose Nescafe? Money?
::MinnieMo
My question exactly...when coffee shops are all over the place have they not gotten the idea there is money to be made selling *good* coffee????

Poohs Pal
03-07-2004, 11:00 PM
:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Susan

Chuck S
03-08-2004, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by jann1033
My question exactly...when coffee shops are all over the place have they not gotten the idea there is money to be made selling *good* coffee????

Nestle is the sponsor of the Land pavilion, and I'm sure it is part of the sponsorship agreement...just Coca-Cola has a sponsorship agreement, which is why the juices are now "Minute Maid" and "Dasani" is the bottled water (both are Coke products).