PDA

View Full Version : eating with a 13 month old

Alysa
03-07-2004, 09:45 AM
We are taking our little one on her first trip to WDW. We heard that wilderness lodge no longer has character breakfasts - great shame. We must see pooh - any suggestions? Also, we wanted to go out for one romantic dinner with her (we are still uncomfortable about leaving her with a stranger - I know they are all probably wonderful - just me being nurotic) we have been to V&A, Chefs de France, Bistro de Paris and Cinderellas Castle for dinner and loved them all. Any other suggestions for places it would be okay to take a little one to? She is excellent at the table and can eat regular fruit and veggies cut up. We wanted to try Citricos or California grill - would either of these work? Thanks!

slo
03-07-2004, 09:55 AM
I have no response - but I will be watching your thread very closely because when we go in Sept. my daughter will also be 13 months old and I am curious at what people will have to say.

The only thing I can say about where to see Pooh and friends is at The Crystal Palace. When we took our first DD she was 2 and loved Pooh and we went there for breakfast. It was so nice there. The building is beautiful, the food is great, and the character interaction was perfect (we took some excellent photos there). This would be my suggestion to you. We are not going there this year because we are not doing to many character breakfasts due to plans I'm making for my 6yr old which take place in the morning.

Well have fun and I look forward to reading any responses people give you. :wave:

mcr5298
03-07-2004, 10:24 AM
I agree that Pooh & Friends can be found a Crystal Palace. As for a romantic dinner with your daughter. I would go to just about any of those restaurants you suggested, except Victoria & Albert's. That is just a little too fancy and too long of a dinner. We took our daughter when she was 6, 7 and 13 months old. Any other of the resort restaurants and EPCOT ones would be fine to take her to. Flying Fish on the Boardwalk is also a nice dinner to go to. You might want to try to go to earlier dinners, since it might not be too crowded then. We just tried to go to dinner at a time when our daughter would be in a good mood. I have seen children at just about all restaurants at WDW. We also just try to be very considerate to others around us. If Megan acted up, one of us would take her out for a walk.

Check out the dining section on the following website:
http://www.wdwig.com/

Good luck, and enjoy! :)