PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Tavern - We've never been - Do you like it??

slo
03-06-2004, 07:18 PM
We have visited WDW several times and we have never eaten at Liberty Tavern. This year we are planning on eating there and I was wondering what everybody thought of it.

I have one question about it. Do they have a child size buffet like Chef Mickeys and Crystal Palace? My daughter is finally old enough to use this child size buffet alone without my help and she is looking forward to going to Chef Mickeys for this reason. Please let me know if they have this so I can give her another something to look forward to.

Thanks much!!!!!!!!!!!:wave:

momof2sons
03-06-2004, 07:54 PM
No it is not a buffet. Family style severed to your table if you are going for the character dinner.

If going for lunch it is menu order table service. No characters at lunch time.

They have great food at both lunch and dinner.

Stepharia
03-06-2004, 08:55 PM
Liberty Tree Tavern is great. We ate there on our last two visits. They do not have a buffet but the food is great. That was our first character meal 3 years ago and me and dd went when we were there last year. We did character meals everyday of our last vacation and that is one of my favorites. We are going to return there this year when we go with my mom. My dd loved it there because the characters made it around 2-3 times while we were there and they spent quite a bit of time at our table. I would definitely recommend it, we love it.

::MickeyMo

CarolAnnC
03-07-2004, 08:30 AM
This is one of my favorites! Being from New England, I just adore seeing the characters dressed in Colonial garb. When your party is called to be seated the "towncrier" will call you by last name with "Hear ye hear ye..."

The character family style dinner is excellent! There is even mac n cheese which the kids always seem to like. The restaurant is set up with little rooms, nooks and crannies, all of which have marvelous period decorations.

I have enjoyed lunch here, which is off the menu, as well. I would say it is not to be missed. :)

slo
03-07-2004, 08:47 AM
Thanks for explaining about this restaurant. I was so sure that this was a buffet and hearing that it isn't kinda makes me happy because we are not only going with our 6yr old but we are also taking our 13 month old and it will be so much easier to sit at our table and stay there.

Now, another question. For anybody that has been to The Garden Grill for dinner - is Liberty Tavern table service like that?
Is it family style? Is it all you can eat? Please let me know - Also, is it just to much food after a hot day outside?

Thanks !!!:wave:

stink
03-07-2004, 09:15 AM
We love the LTT. Most recent visit was character meal in December during VMCP. Food is suprising good for all you can eat family style restuarnat. We had ham, turkey, veggies, gravey, mac & cheese, applie pie ice cream for dessert. The restaurant has a colonial theme and the wait staff was wonderful. Colonial era costume themed Minnie, Goofy made the rounds twice to our table. Just thinking about LTT makes me want to go back.

heffalump9
03-07-2004, 09:55 AM
This is our favorite at MK. We especially like lunch, fresh burgers, great sandwiches, home style dishes, and tasty fresh breads. Plus we love the atmosphere and fireplace dining. This is a great escape from the park and if you have late lunch you can normally walk out and get a great spot for the afternoon parade.

kilee
03-07-2004, 12:47 PM
We did this before MNSSHP. We will be eating there 1 week from today as well to be exact!!!! I really like the dinner. I was kind of suprised to see the meal was sponsored by Stouffers. I don't know if that was their food or not though. It tasted too good to be frozen food. The only thing we noticed--- we were a group of 12. They brought 2 of everything. But we had a hard time getting more of anything. I mean we asked for more meat. The waitress brought back a tiny tea cup type plate w/ one peice of everything. Now, that wasn't going to cut it. Then she disappeared. So, that was alittle annoying. Some of the people in our group didn't leave there feeling very full, because it was alittle difficult to get "refills".

momof2sons
03-07-2004, 12:50 PM
Yes it is all you can eat family style. We go in July and it is hot out but has never stopped us from eating a large meal. We usually eat one large meal a day and snack the rest of the day.

johnvree
03-07-2004, 12:54 PM
While it is family style for dinner, I think you can still order off the menu, but I could be wrong.

This is the only WDW restaurant that I make sure we hit twice a trip - once for lunch and once for dinner.

gdodavi
03-07-2004, 05:05 PM
Yes, the dinner is served just like the Garden Grill.

I have not eaten lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern yet,
but we are going to be arriving in the World next
weekend and we are planning a lunch there this time
since we ate dinner there on our last trip and enjoyed
it so much.

I understand that lunch is regular, off the menu fare.

I don't here a lot about LTT very often, but we love it.

stacy6552
03-07-2004, 05:49 PM
Love Love LOOOVVVVEEEEE it!

S. C.
03-07-2004, 05:52 PM
here is the menu for LTT for dinner
http://allearsnet.com/menu/menu_ltt.htm

Childs menu
http://allearsnet.com/menu/men_lttk.htm

Lunch menu
http://allearsnet.com/menu/men_lttl.htm

ScarlettO
03-07-2004, 06:47 PM
I prefer LTT at Lunch. There are no characters, but the food is the best at MK...salads, sandwhiches and hot dinners. :earsboy:

Bbgrizzle
03-09-2004, 03:10 PM
LTT is one of our "can't miss" meals at WDW. We like to try new ones each trip, but there are a couple that we just can't skip. I has the best character interraction of all the character meals we have done. I love the ambience fo the restaurant also. The food is really good and I love the strawberry viniagrette salad dressing and the rolls with the honey and apple butter. YUM!

RoyalCanadian
03-09-2004, 03:55 PM
One of the best burgers I've ever had in my life -- fresh ground beef!!! In the 1997 Unofficial Guide this was a highly recommended place for lunch -- DW and I had a lovely quiet lunch there in Nov. '97. The line-up was non-existent, we just walked in while working through the UG touring plan. We'll definitely be going back in Jan. '05 on our first trip home to DVC.

princessariel
03-09-2004, 07:17 PM
Another thumbs up here!!

Our family always makes sure we dine at LTT at least once every trip. We've had lunch and dinner both. And we love both. If I'm ordering off the menu, I like the Pilgrims Feast. Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce....yum! DH would rather have the pot roast. GO! ENJOY! You won't regret it.

BCV23
03-09-2004, 08:29 PM
We love having lunch here. We plan on lunch there twice on our upcoming trip...both Fridays. We've had good luck there during Lent with vegetarian choices. Love it for lunch other times of the year too.:D

Ariel'sMom
03-10-2004, 07:36 AM
Perhaps I'm thinking of a different place, but isn't there a stage show at the LTT in the afternoon? I think we did a late lunch once and happened upon it by accident. It was a lot of fun. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks.

arizonacolbys
03-10-2004, 09:23 AM
This is one of our not to be missed meals at WDW, too. :) The food is always very good & we've always been given lots of it. We have never left here hungry. ;) The character interaction has always been one of the best - though I haven't been here since last March - I know they've changed some of the characters there since then. I would definitely recommend this meal! ::MickeyMo

EsmeraldaX
03-10-2004, 10:01 AM
Do you have to sit with other families?

Blueberry
03-10-2004, 06:07 PM
No there is no stage show, I think you are confusing it with the Diamond Horsehoe Revue which used to be next door. This is a sit down restaurant right on the square.

You do not have to sit with other families, you get a table for the appropriate size of your family, as at any restaurant.

We love the place, a great place for adults with no kids along too, you get a lot of character attention too...a big thumbs up from us...:)

myboysmom
03-11-2004, 08:35 AM
We love it too. We ate Christmas Eve dinner there, I was sort of the planning person for our family of 10 and thought it would be a great place to sit and allow the 4 kids to meet the Characters. Everyone had a great meal and lots of fun. I was disappointed that all 10 of us couldn't be at the same table, but they seated us really close as a table of 6 and one of 4.

We are going back in just a few weeks. We again will have 10 for dinner, because we are meeting friends down there. We will see if we all can sit together this time.

We had plenty of food, no problems with getting more. Kids were very excited so I don't think they ate as much but they did not leave hungry. We had an 8, 6 and two 3 year old children along. 3 of the kids were boys so we were looking for something all could enjoy (princesses were not on their list :)).

You'll enjoy it.

MacDalton
03-11-2004, 04:27 PM
We are planning to eat here for dinner in April. Which characters are usually here? I know Minnie is-and we haven't seen her before! But I'm not sure who else is here.

The Princess
03-11-2004, 04:29 PM
We love LTT. It is one of our favorites.

ead79
03-11-2004, 04:42 PM
We love LTT for both lunch and dinner. The character interaction at dinner has been great on our visits. The homestyle food is also very good. We feel that LTT is a bit of a hidden gem at lunch. For some reason, it has never been swamped at lunch on our visits, and it seems to be a quiet escape from the bustle of the park. The Colony Salad (an entree salad) is fantastic! We now try to eat both lunch and dinner at LTT on our visits to WDW.

slo
03-11-2004, 05:31 PM
I never realized that this restaurant was so popular. We have been to WDW several, several times and it just never occured to me for us to eat there:confused: . I am very grateful to everybody that responded to this thread and I am really looking forward now for us to eat there in Sept:p . We love Thanksgiving dinner and it sounds so yummy:tongue: .

Thanks again everyone and any other posts would be appreciated:wave:

Luv4Disney
03-11-2004, 05:39 PM
Since my boyfriend and I usually go, we get right in. We're the only people in there with a party of 2 and no kids! It's great! Delicious too.

disneysnowflake
03-11-2004, 06:48 PM
My sister's mother in law told me that she had PS for LTT and they had to share a table with another family.

Is there a restaurant where they may have you share a table with strangers?

She was pretty upset at spending so much money to eat at a place where she had to share a table with a family who let their child stick their fingers in the food.

I could have sworn she told me it was LTT. Maybe my sister's mother in law is just wacky.

WDWLVR
03-11-2004, 09:38 PM
Liberty Tree Tavern is one of the best places in WDW in my opinion. We've always had wonderful meals there and the atmosphere is fantastic. The character dinner is the best - especially before MVMCP.

We done it before MNSSHP and the characters are in costume too! Great fun and great food.

We've never had to share a table there - even when there was just two of us.

debm
03-12-2004, 12:09 AM
disneysnowflake: I know we have had to share a table at the Germany pavilion in EPCOT. Twice I think we have done it. And the strange part is we have 6 in our family. After we were seated they seated a couple on the end of our table. It wasn't really that bad--they were nice---but it just seemed weird. I'm sure they were the ones NOT thrilled to be sharing their table with 4 kids! It seems like they could have requested not to though---and just waited on the next available.

gdodavi
03-20-2004, 12:44 PM
We just go back from our 2004 trip to the world and we ate
lunch at LTT on Monday. We ate a character dinner there last
year an loved it, but this was the first time we had lunch. It
was very good.

The way the restaurant is laid out and the way seating is handled,
I can't imagine how you would share a table... but I suppose it
could happen. I haven't seen it, though....

Epcotgal8
03-20-2004, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by disneysnowflake
My sister's mother in law told me that she had PS for LTT and they had to share a table with another family.

Is there a restaurant where they may have you share a table with strangers?

She was pretty upset at spending so much money to eat at a place where she had to share a table with a family who let their child stick their fingers in the food.

I could have sworn she told me it was LTT. Maybe my sister's mother in law is just wacky.

I think she may be confused about which restaurant is which. I don't believe I have ever heard of anyone having to share a table at Liberty Tree Tavern. The food is served "family style" meaning all brought at once but it is for YOUR family. Getting seated at other a table with others is common practice at Biergarten and Teppanyaki in Epcot, but those are the only two places that I can think of that are like that.

EsmeraldaX
03-20-2004, 04:29 PM
We do not like sharing a table. If you make a PS early on, can you request to not have to be seated with another couple or family? We are two adults on a romantic vacation. Our meals are just one time we like to not be around other guests. I have had good expereinces and bad with table sharing. The last time we went to Biergarten it was expected and turned out okay, although we didn't enjoy our meal as much as we would have had we been seated alone.

I really like character meals and the LTT sounds great, but if we would have to be seated with others, I'd rather skip it.

Does anyone know for sure?