PDA

View Full Version : Mid-morning breakfast out of the MK at nearby resort

gailelle
03-06-2004, 04:53 PM
We are interested in having breakfast mid-morning on the EE day that we do MK and then return for the remainder of the day to tour the park. We are thinking it might be fun to hop over to one of the resorts for a little escape. Kona Cafe has been suggested, but we are also thinking about the cafe at the Wilderness Lodge (Is it called Whispering Canyon?) I would appreciate any thoughts on which of these two choices (or any other you might have ) would work best. Thanks gailelle

MikeWazowski
03-06-2004, 05:37 PM
I would recommend Kona Kafe or the Concourse Steakhouse. Both will be easy to get to on the monorail. The tonga tast is very good and a great way to get started in the morning. Also I had the steak and eggs at the Concourse Steakhouse and it was great. Have Fun

sotoalf
03-06-2004, 06:07 PM
Most of the sit-down restaurants at the MK Resorts open for lunch offer pretty good food at a more relaxed pace - it's definitely not as crazy as breakfast or dinner time.

I'd suggest Kona Cafe, the Grand Floridian Cafe or taking the boat to Whispering Canyon at Ft Wilderness.

Tinkbell
03-06-2004, 09:45 PM
Grand Floridian Cafe is wonderful!

dgaston
03-07-2004, 06:16 PM
We have used the Crystal Palace this way. I know it's in the park, but scheduling a late breakfast time made it work like a brunch. In April, we are planning to visit 1900 Park Faire at the GF in a similar way.

disney queen
03-07-2004, 07:01 PM
whispering canyon cafe at wilderness lodge is a good choice and an excellent way to visit the lodge if you have never done so. another option is trail's end at fort wilderness. this is a buffet and very good.:tongue: