PDA

View Full Version : could someone explain-Vouchers?

beachesncream
03-06-2004, 11:35 AM
Would someone mind explaining to me this whole thing about vouchers? Is it part of a vaca package where you get x amount of dollars to eat at certain restaurants or wherever you want?? I keep reading that people say "we went to beaches and cream and order the kitchen sink because we had to use up our voucher"... I am confussed and curious. I sounds like a college meal plan...

mad4themouse
03-06-2004, 02:39 PM
There's a long thread about them on the Budget Board that will answer just about any question you might have about the meal vouchers.
Everything You Wanted to Know About Vouchers (http://***************/showthread.php?s=&threadid=435889)

In brief, they are coupons that you purchase in advance from a buying club like the Hotwire Savings Club or Connections123

A Quick & Casual (Q&C) Voucher is good for lunch or dinner at select restaurants. The voucher entitles you to one entrée, one side (if not included with the entrée), a non-alcoholic beverage and dessert. They cost in the range of $11.50 when purchased thru the buying clubs.

A Vacation Kingdom Lunch Voucher (VKL) is good for lunch only at select restaurants which are generally sitdown restaurants instead of counter service. The VKL entitles you to an appetizer, entrée, side, non-alcoholic beverage and dessert. It is only good during the hours when a lunch menu is being served. Adult VKLs are $31.00 and children's are $12.75.

Breakfast Vouchers can be used at select restaurants, including some character meals like CRT. They run $18.25 (adult) and $11.00 (child). Each breakfast includes a choice of juice, one main breakfast dish, one hot beverage and one bakery item or full breakfast buffet.

The vouchers not only cover the cost of the meal but also the tax and any gratuities that you might pay. In some cases, this can be quite a savings over paying out of pocket at the time of the meal. However, the vouchers will limit you to the restaurants listed on their reverse sides.

HTH

beachesncream
03-06-2004, 04:47 PM
Thank you, mad4themouse. I appreciate you taking the time to explain it to me.

So is that why people order the kitchen sink for the heck of it and give it away b/c a desert is including in the VKL? I get it...