PDA

View Full Version : A ? about the cheese soup at Le Cellier

meganbear
03-05-2004, 04:56 PM
I'm thinking about eating here when we go to Disney in May, everyone is talking about how good the cheese soup is, but I saw where it is made with beer---I HATE beer, I HATE the taste of beer--BLAH! So my question is this, can you actually taste the beer in the cheese soup??? I'm really wanting to try this soup!

hercamore
03-05-2004, 05:15 PM
I dislike beer too and I loved this soup along with the preztel breaksticks. I couldn't taste any beer.

herc.

jel0511
03-05-2004, 05:52 PM
IMO there was a flavoring from the beer. It wasn't overwhelming and I dislike beer also, and it didn't stop me from loving it.

mickeysaver
03-05-2004, 07:23 PM
I actually kinda like beer. But, I was not that thrilled with the soup.

It was not the best dinner experience that I ever had, but I think it was because of the CP package. But, that's another long story. Maggie

Micca
03-05-2004, 07:42 PM
I thought the soup tasted like potato soup:earseek: It was good, but not what I expected. As one who has been known to occasionally sip the suds;) I couldn't say I tasted the beer. Although I've had beer I couldn't taste;)

Carol36
03-05-2004, 08:56 PM
We are also visiting in May and was thinking of returning to have the soup! It is as great! I cannot stand the taste of beer and would not love something that tasted like it! We went at lunch, when the prices were lower and thoroughly enjoyed our meal there. I hope this helps!

Carol36:wave2:

meganbear
03-06-2004, 09:01 AM
Thanks! I think I'll definitely be giving this soup a try!!!! :)

Tiffany
03-06-2004, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by meganbear
I'm thinking about eating here when we go to Disney in May, everyone is talking about how good the cheese soup is, but I saw where it is made with beer---I HATE beer, I HATE the taste of beer--BLAH! So my question is this, can you actually taste the beer in the cheese soup??? I'm really wanting to try this soup!

The cheese soup is outstanding and I personally do not even taste the beer. I am more of a wine drinker or a Goose and Tonic drinker and I so love this soup.

cjsmith
03-06-2004, 11:12 AM
There is so little beer in the soup that's one of the reasons why you can't taste it.