PDA

View Full Version : epcot - rose and crown?

2minny
03-05-2004, 04:36 PM
Is this a table service restaurant? I've heard about counter service fish/chips...do you know where that is found?

chessie
03-05-2004, 04:44 PM
Rose and Crown is a table service restaurant. We had a wonderful meal there after the Candlelight Processional this past December. We lingered a few minutes after desert and our server took us to a special viewing area just for restaurant patrons and we were treated to an awesome view of Illuminations

wishuponastarforever
03-05-2004, 04:48 PM
The location has several options. You can have table service inside the restaurant. There is also a pub with tables and some of the menu items offered, attached on the right hand side. There is also a fish and chips booth with service from the outside
My DH and I looked forward to the fish and chips. We were very disappointed. The breading was soggy and chewy. We expected a crispy breading - not so. Also the chips were not the English chips - just plain old fries.

If you like beer, they had a wonderful sampler. We also saw a cheese and fruit plate we wish we had tried.

The atmosphere is worth the trip.

I hope this helps.

2minny
03-05-2004, 05:46 PM
great, thanks for the details, that helps! The sit down restuarants sound much better than the counter style, we may have to break down and make priority seating ressies.

Micca
03-05-2004, 06:44 PM
Minny we love R&C. I had the same experience with the fish & chips, but the pie sampler...yummmmy:earsboy:

GAIL HAYDEN
03-06-2004, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by Micca
Minny we love R&C. I had the same experience with the fish & chips, but the pie sampler...yummmmy:earsboy:

I loved the fish and chips, btw. But, what is the pie sampler?

we also love the fruit and cheese plate.

Micca
03-06-2004, 11:28 AM
They are a selection of 3 savory pies (kinda like pot pies)--one is chicken & leek, another mushroom, and I can't remember the third one, but they were absolutely delicious. The rest of my family always get prime rib at R&C which they like a lot.