PDA

View Full Version : Jiko?

Sazzo'sMommy
03-03-2004, 08:02 PM
We're thinking about eating at Jiko...What's yummy?

DH is a meat eater and I'm a veggie!

Give us suggestions, please!:Pinkbounc

disney queen
03-03-2004, 09:04 PM
http://allearsnet.com/menu/menu_jiko.htm i would highly recommend the filet of beef w/macaroni and cheese for your husband. it is very, very good! have a look at the menu for ideas you might enjoy. happy eating!:tongue:

Uncleromulus
03-04-2004, 05:49 AM
For the vegetarian I have no suggestions.
But otherwise, that Filet is excellent!! But I'm partial to the berbre Braised Lamb Shank. A generous order, very flavorful (but NOT hot) and simply falling off the bone.

Scratch42
03-04-2004, 07:06 AM
but only looking at the menu, they have some items that would look to be on the vegetarian side.

From the Cooking Place:

Lentil "Pastilla" - Lentil Filled Phyllo Packets with Sweet & Sour Sauce

Maize "Tamales" - Truffle Oil, Fine Herbs, Maize Pudding Wrapped in Corn Husks

Kalamata Olive Flat Bread with Five Cheeses

Roasted Tomato & Spinach Flat Bread with Aged Tomme Goat Cheese and Cilantro Yogurt Drizzle

Appetizers:

Curried Lentil Soup
Jiko Goat and Sheelp Cheese Selection
Earthbound Farm Organic Field Greens
Cucumber, Tomato and Red Onion Salad

Entrees:

Grain, Peas and Veggies - Black Gabonzo Peas, Quinoa, Pearl and Black Barley and Wheat Berries with Roasted Veggies and Seared Tandoori Tofu

For your DH, I highly recommend the Oak-Grilled Filet Mignon! Last time I tried the Harissa Crusted Golden Bass and it was awesome!

Hope this helps!

Scratch
pirate:

PS Excuse me now while I go make a PS for Jiko for our upcoming trip!LOL

stinkerbelle
03-04-2004, 08:49 AM
I also have to agree with your hubby getting the Oak-Grilled Filet Mignon! Plus - there are a good amount of veg. entrees available as the previous poster stated.

ENJOY it...it's one of my all time favorite restaurants in the world!

definetly try the flat bread with teh 3 dipping sauces as an appetizer...really gets you in the "mood" for the "flavor" of the food to come.

CRSNDSNY
03-04-2004, 08:53 AM
DH and I are vegetarian, too and we have Jiko planned for our next trip. I looked at the sample menus at allearsnet.com and read the Vegetarian Guide to WDW...and it looks pretty veggie friendly!

Ron from Michigan
03-04-2004, 08:04 PM
The Beef Tenderloin w/ macaroni & cheese or the Pork Tenderloin dinners are both excellent. Show up a little early and take a walk outside to see the animals and explore the rest of this beautiful resort.

Hollymom1229
03-05-2004, 10:44 AM
For DH definitely the filet with mac and cheese. Best entree I've ever had on Disney property. DH and I split a Kalamata Olive Flatbread as an app and it was fantastic and meat free.