PDA

View Full Version : Where Can I Find The Best Bloody Mary?

Kimbra
03-03-2004, 05:43 PM
My favorite drink is a Margarita on the rocks, but my next favorite is a good Bloody Mary. I have to say I've never tried one anywhere at WDW. Just DH and I are going at the end of April(without the kids) and I'd like to know where I can find a good one. ::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes::

Thanks for any help on this!:wave:

Kimbra

GEM
03-03-2004, 07:11 PM
Ah. A question near and dear to my DH's heart. His favorite drink is a Bloody Mary, and he has devoted a lot of time to finding the very best one at Disney World! Sadly, he says the best one he ever had was at Bonfamilles (the restaurant at Port Orleans which is no longer there). His second favorite was from the pool bar at the Boardwalk! Also, if you are heading off site, the Bloody Marys at Jungle Jim's in the Crossroads Plaza gets very high marks from him! He didn't really care for the one at the Rainforest Cafe. He's had them pretty much all over WDW, and most of them have been just ok, nothing special.

tinkie
03-03-2004, 07:48 PM
Dawa Bar (the best bloody marys) in Africa @ DAK. - I copied this from another post I found......hope it helps!

tiggersmom2
03-03-2004, 08:01 PM
Bloody Mary's are my favorite mixed drink (the only mixed drink I will drink!:p ) The BEST ones are at the bar at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. I'm sorry I don't know the name of the bar, but these bloody mary's rule.:wave:

sotoalf
03-03-2004, 08:46 PM
I recently enjoyed a bloody excellent Bloody Mary at the Contemporary Resort's Outer Rim Lounge. Tart, piquant...just right....

Kimbra
03-03-2004, 09:02 PM
Thanks for the replies! GEM we're staying at the Booardwalk Inn, so I'll actually be able to go enjoy one by the pool.::yes::

Thanks,
Kimbra:wave2:

MAC3
03-04-2004, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by GEM
Sadly, he says the best one he ever had was at Bonfamilles (the restaurant at Port Orleans which is no longer there). His second favorite was from the pool bar at the Boardwalk!

Very good information! Will definately try the one from leaping libations! Now that we are staying @ BWV!

ILUVDXL
03-04-2004, 10:16 AM
As much as I dislike Fulton's Crab House, the Bloody Mary's in the Lounge served with a huge Jumbo Shrimp are the best IMHO.

BCV23
03-04-2004, 09:16 PM
Kona Cafe serves a great Bloody Mary....a little spicier than most. It might be called the Wasabi Bloody Mary or something like that. It's garnished with an olive, a pepper and something else. Anyway, very tasty!

Pooh's Pal
03-05-2004, 10:03 AM
While in WDW in the past, I/we inquired as to what type of mix went into the Bloody Mary's served and we were informed that all of WDW properties use Major Peter's Bloody Mary Mixes. Once we got home last time, I went searching for this brand! But unfortunately I couldn't find it in my area. :(

I did find out that they produced these flavors:
Major Peters' Bloody Mary Mixes
The Original
Wasabi
Hot and Spicy
The Works
Salsa Style

So that is why so many types of BM's are found at WDW!!
Can't wait to go back and taste one again, they are wonderful, especially in the morning-pool side, with friends!!!!:crazy:

And I drink them without the vodka!!!:)

marlogood
03-05-2004, 10:06 AM
The Prime Time Cafe bar at MGM also serves a great Bloody Mary.

You get quite a selection of "veggies" in your drink!

luvpooh
03-05-2004, 03:24 PM
the All Star Sports pool bar has a really good bloody mary. they top it off with a shot of beer! sounds strange but tastes really good.

TartanFan
03-05-2004, 04:06 PM
Didn't have the shot of beer (wish I knew about that!) but if you ask for spicy - you get SPICY! (and KIMBRA - my fav is a Margarita on the rocks too - forget the sissy frozen kind. Too much water!)

MAC3
03-05-2004, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by marlogood
The Prime Time Cafe bar at MGM also serves a great Bloody Mary.

You get quite a selection of "veggies" in your drink!

Yeah but do you have to stand in the corner if you don't eat them???:rolleyes:

Lisa

MAC3
03-05-2004, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by Pooh's Pal
While in WDW in the past, I/we inquired as to what type of mix went into the Bloody Mary's served and we were informed that all of WDW properties use Major Peter's Bloody Mary Mixes. Once we got home last time, I went searching for this brand! But unfortunately I couldn't find it in my area. :(

I did find out that they produced this is many flavors:
Major Peters' Bloody Mary Mixes
The Original
Wasabi
Hot and Spicy
The Works
Salsa Style

So that is what so many types are found at WDW!!
Can't wait to go back and taste one again, they are wonderful, especially in the morning-pool side, with friends!!!!:crazy:

Oh I hope We're there some morning when you are!

Cheers!
Lisa

Pooh's Pal
03-05-2004, 11:19 PM
Oh my....Lisa/mac3......I just edited my post...it sounded like I had found Major Peters mix and I was enjoying one right here in Massachusetts!! LOL
I don't even drink.....but I do love the mix!

DisneyHumbug
03-06-2004, 08:43 AM
Wasabi Bloody Mary at the Kona Cafe - very spicy!!! The best!

honeymom
03-06-2004, 09:28 AM
For those of you having trouble finding Major Peters, I did a search and they have a website www.majorpeters.com.

Seems like they sell 4 of the mixes online. They also have a where to find us info section.

Kimbra
03-06-2004, 10:29 AM
Not only can I try the Bloody Mary's by the pool at BWI, but we plan on doing lunch at Kona's.::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes:: Wow, this is working out nicely.

TartanFan I've found the best Margarita's (on the the rocks) are at Cap'n Jacks at Downtown Disney. You don't even have to go to the restaurant, they have a little building by the water that you can walk right down to and make your purchase. :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

Have aGood Day!:wave:
Kimbra

MAC3
03-06-2004, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Pooh's Pal
Oh my....Lisa/mac3......I just edited my post...it sounded like I had found Major Peters mix

Just playing Pooh's Pal. ;) You sure sound like my kind of hang around the pool buddy! We do our share of damage while in WDW.

Have a great day!
Lisa