PDA

View Full Version : Help - What's the best character breakfast?

fredms
03-03-2004, 10:29 AM
I am taking my nieces and nephews (6, 4, 4, 1) to Disney in Jan 2005 and will definetly do one princess breakfast but what should the other one be - ohana, chef mickey or Donald's at Animal Kingdom? I need details of what to expect (buffet, family style, food quality, character interaction etc) and which one you experienced folks would recommend? Thank you in advance for your help.

Mickey76
03-03-2004, 11:31 AM
:D

I definitely don't think you could go wrong with Chef Mickey's. It buffet style and it was the best breakfast experience I've ever had. The characters come around to each table for pictures and autographs, which I thought was really cool. I have a lot of pictures from my breakfast with Mickey (since he's my favorite character). The whole restaurant stops what they're doing at one point to sing and dance with the characters and twirl their napkins above their heads. It was a lot of fun and I will be doing eating breakfast there at least once from now on when I visit WDW.

::MickeyMo Mickey76::MickeyMo

arizonacolbys
03-03-2004, 12:30 PM
I would highly recommend Crystal Palace with Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore & Piglet. They have one of the best breakfast buffets at WDW - it is hands down - my hubby's favorite. The character interaction is always great here, too.

We also really like Donald's at AK. We have done it every trip on our AK day. I think your nephews may really enjoy this breakfast. It is a standard breakfast buffet & the food has always been good.

Chef Mickey's is a very popular restaurant. If you go - maybe try to get a very early, or late seating. On our first trip we tried Chef Mickey's for dinner & were very disappointed. We got very little character interaction because the restaurant was so full & the food was just OK. Well, this last trip we tried breakfast there & were pleasantly surprised. We got the first seating (7 am - I think) & the restaurant was half empty. This gave us great characater interaction & hot food to eat. HTH! Good luck making your decision! :)

mrsboz
03-03-2004, 01:30 PM
For breakfast we love: The crystal palace - great food and pooh friends - pretty restaurant. Another one that we love is Cape May Cafe - food is really good - characters are minnie mouse and friends - another beautiful restaurant. Chef Mickey's - I don't think that it is that great here. We have gone two or three times and don't care if we ever return. I don't find it as clean as the others.::MinnieMo ::MinnieMo

Kae
03-03-2004, 02:29 PM
Agree with Cape May for Breakfast it is our favorite Char meal period. We go on our late morning get there around 9:30. Minnie is out front and Goofy & chip and Dale are a riot. The food is very good. It is the one meal our kids eat very well at.

We did not care for the Char Breakfast at Ohana(which we love for dinner) The food was greasy. And the room is not set up well for the Charaters not enough room to get around.

Kae

antmaril
03-03-2004, 03:29 PM
Without a doubt - Crystal Palace. There is nothing like having breakfast with Pooh and his pals.

Loved it!

fmed845
03-03-2004, 03:53 PM
Heres a vote for Crystal Palace and Donalds breakfastosaurus.

we enjoy the food and atmosphere at both.

saremca
03-03-2004, 07:45 PM
Our favorites are Chef Mickey's, 1900 Park Faire, and The Crystal Palace.

jl3614
03-03-2004, 09:13 PM
Try to find out if they like Pooh characters or Mickey better - then make your choice from that. The 6 year old may have grown out of liking Pooh. We have only done Chef Mickey's so have no point of comparison. I believe we had 8:30 reservations. Chef Mickey's has a nice buffet. Our character interaction was fair - not great, but okay. The atmosphere was rather chaotic, but a lot of fun with little kids.

slo
03-04-2004, 12:02 AM
We love Crystal Palace for the food and we love Chef Mickey's for the "fun":) . Both have pint size buffets for the children with Mickey waffles. Crystal Palace has chefs making omelets for you however you want them and while you wait and Chef Mickey's does not. They both are good for their own reasons.

Have fun!!:wave:

antmaril
03-04-2004, 07:57 AM
Can you really "outgrow" Pooh? I don't think so.

fredms
03-04-2004, 12:02 PM
Thanks for all the info - you guys rule.

I guess its between Chef Mickey and Crystal Palace. I am just afraid that my sister (their mom) will not be so excited by a buffet with 4 little ones. Its not as relaxing as table service. Are the buffet areas easy to navigate around? The other plus for the Pooh characters is that we rae going on the Disney cruise after our stay in Disney and the Pooh characters aren't there.

Well - thanks again for all of your help - decisions decisions!