PDA

View Full Version : Boma and picky eater

skippelm
03-02-2004, 10:58 PM
Hi!

My DH is a picky eater- it's mostly pizza, hamburgers and filet mignon. He will eat chicken too- do you think there will be enough on the menu at Boma for him to eat or should we skip it?

Thanks for your help!:Pinkbounc

uktigger
03-03-2004, 06:37 AM
hi:wave:
i'd also like to know this,my ds7 is very picky also:D

thanks eve:D

jx3smom
03-03-2004, 08:42 AM
Yes, there is. My DS is very picky and leaves the Boma stuffed. There is mac and cheese, chicken and much much more that they might eat. The desserts are also great there. My other DS is a vegetarian and we are taking him there because of all the non meat/fish selections.

PrincessTanyuhKaypoo
03-03-2004, 11:35 AM
Hi!

:wave2:

Personally I don't think that there are enough choices for an adult picky eater. I'm not a picky eater or anything but I do have a very picky stomache (I have IBS) and we had dinner at Boma once and that's it for me. As far as 'normal' food goes there is the kids section with mac and cheese, chicken fingers, pasta, maranera sauce and meatballs, and I can't remember but there is usually a sliced cheese pizza also. Anyone could get full on those foods but they may not want too, I know I was a little dissapointed that the choices I had were few. My suggestion is if you really want to try Boma (and are breakfast people) they serve breakfast there and it's very delecious, plus you can get Frunch:hyper: ! The breakfast buffet has standard breakfast fare plus a cooked to order omlette station, fresh fruits, pastries, and a carved meat station. :tongue:

JMHO
-Tanya

Growin'upDisney
03-03-2004, 04:03 PM
My DH isn't a real adventurous eater either. He found enough to eat, but I wouldn't say it was somewhere he would want to go back to. I loved it but agree that for a child picky eter this retaurant is OK, for an adult picky eater they may leave disappointed.

pouncingpluto
03-04-2004, 01:18 PM
I agree with the sentiments above for an adult picky eater. I'm glad I went once to see what it was like, and there was some good stuff. It definitely was not a wonderful meal for me, though, and my boyfriend (who has never been to Boma) is less adventurous than I am with food, so I'm going to recommend that we avoid it on our upcoming stay at AKL.

EEyorelover22
03-04-2004, 07:20 PM
skippelm

They do have prime rib. I would want to know if you were staying at AKL. If you are coming from another resort my answer would be different, but if you are staying at AKL I'd try it once.

I agree with breakfast being very good. I really like the breakfast better. I have allergies to many food items and I found the breakfast easier for me to find something to eat.

I loved the desserts at both breakfast and dinner though :)

colleen costello
03-04-2004, 09:35 PM
My husband and kids are very fussy, but they CHOW at Boma. We always go for dinner. The desserts ALONE are worth going for. There is always a simple beef dish plus chicken fingers, spaghetti, pb&j sandwiches, wonderful fresh fruit. All these are "normal" and nicely presented. Added to this is the most wonderful array of unusual things; I can't imagine not finding something to like! My husband loves some of the soups. The kids like the funky breads/crackers and I like trying out all the unusual salads. When you have gone a few times you start to look for your favorites.

I recommend you try dinner once. No one will leave hungry, and you might surprise yourselves and LOVE it! :)