PDA

View Full Version : Crystal Palace breakfast good?

chilihead
03-02-2004, 09:26 PM
I have eaten at CP for lunch and currently have PS for lunch there. However, I am finding that it may be better for us to have the breakfast there instead. Does anyone have any comments on the CP breakfast? Good? Bad? Bad but worth it for the characters? ;)

Thanks.

Chilihead

RobinMarie
03-02-2004, 09:36 PM
We had breakfast there at 8:10am two years ago. It was my first breakfast at CP and loved it! It was a great spot to enjoy Magic Kingdom before it opened. The spread was fabulous. I think you will enjoy it.

ZerasPride
03-02-2004, 09:42 PM
We had breakfast there last August and it's at the top of my list for this trip even though my food budget is tight. The food was delicious and fresh and the characters seemed unhurried which is different from a lot of other character meals we've attended. Enjoy!

lisareniff
03-02-2004, 10:05 PM
Both the food and characters were very good. The buffet had a good selection of well prepared, fresh food. The table areas were bright and cheery, and well spaced. Pooh and the gang were great(who doesn't love Pooh?) This is on the top of our list for next time!!

(We also went to the Epcot Princess Breakfast and although the princess were nice, the food, IMHO, was just tolerable.)

Hope this helps.

sha_lyn
03-02-2004, 11:56 PM
Not good, GREAT. The breakfast lasagne alonewas worth the price of the meal. I know we had other really good dishes, but it is the breakfast lasagna that really stands out.

KaityBsMom
03-03-2004, 10:46 AM
I agree that the Crystal Palace breakfast is very good. Were there for an 8:05 am seating last September and we definitely plan to go back. It was a great experience.

Our server was terrific, the restaurant was very pretty, and our interaction with the characters was wonderful. They were all adorable and very much 'in character'. Not rushed at all, either. The food was also great. We ate things like the Pooh & Tigger waffles :D , the french toast 'puffs' (yum!), and fresh fruit. Everything was yummy and hot/cold as appropriate. A great experience all around!

Mickey76
03-03-2004, 11:26 AM
:D

I had breakfast there during my last visit in 2002. The food was good and I'm not a big breakfast fan. There was plenty of food to eat (eggs, bacon, waffles, pancakes, breakfast pizzas, and more). I had a good time and I would eat there again if possible.

::MickeyMo Mickey76::MickeyMo

arizonacolbys
03-03-2004, 12:34 PM
This is by far our favorite restaurant to eat breakfast at! The food is always great & character interaction is the best. My hubby loves the breakfast lasagna & I love the Tigger waffles. :D There is a huge spread of fresh food & many items to pick from. We love dinner here, too, but breakfast is still our favorite - I think you'll be happy if you give it a try! HTH!:teeth:

mrsboz
03-03-2004, 01:27 PM
One word: AWESOME!

antmaril
03-03-2004, 03:27 PM
We were there two weeks ago for the first time. LOVED it. We thought the breakfast was excellent and the characters were fantastic - and I was with teenagers. The littles ones in the restaurant were joyful!

This is a must for any future trip to WDW.

I highly recommend it!

pigget74
03-03-2004, 05:38 PM
Hands down it is the best breakfast that I have ever had on property. The food and atmosphere along with the character interaction is out of this world:earseek:

kayeandjim00
03-03-2004, 06:38 PM
We LOVE Crystal Palace's Character Breakfast!! It's on our must do list every year and we've never been disappointed. The restaurant is very nice with a great atmosphere and the characters are unhurried yet you do manage to see them all in a fair amount of time so you won't spend your whole morning waiting to see just one of them. The food is great! Highly, Highly Recommended!

Sami
03-03-2004, 07:05 PM
I'm so happy to hear all of the great reviews. We were thinking about eating here on our July trip. Now it's a definate must do::yes::

cd&kids
03-03-2004, 08:06 PM
Sami...it is an outstanding breakfast! We love Chef Mickey's...the whacky atmosphere....the monorail...the great character interaction...the whole bit. It really says "Disney" to us.
BUT...Crystal Palace is on a different level. A little classier....Pooh characters instead of the Diz regulars...and the food, definitely a step up. (My family loves the "omlettes-to-order" area....excellent!)
You will love Crystal Palace!!!

Madjock
03-04-2004, 08:28 AM
Yes definitely worth having breakfast there. We have done it both times we've been to WDW and would do it again and again and again!

Annmarie

lwilliam
03-04-2004, 08:48 AM
and asked our 11 yr. old DS to pick a sit-down restaurant for
this year's trip - and he picked the breakfast at Crystal Palace -
honestly, this family doesn't even care for Winnie the Pooh
characters but love this breakfast.

DJBounce
03-04-2004, 09:23 AM
3 words: French Toast Puffs! They are AWESOME!! Love the CP for breakfast. It is definitely a must do on our trips.

browneyes
03-04-2004, 09:50 AM
It's good.:)

Terry S
03-04-2004, 10:22 AM
CP is a must do on everyone of our trips. The food and the atmosphere are the great.

magicmouse2
03-04-2004, 10:53 AM
French toast is my absolut favorite breakfast food, but I have never done a character meal that does it nicely - apart from CRT before they spoilt it with sickly blueberry stuff. :crazy:
I think you have just talked me into Crystal Palace for Breakfast. We have done lunch there a few times and loved the restaurant and food.:earsgirl: :yo-yo:

chirsty'smom
03-04-2004, 11:15 AM
This is THE PLACE to go for breakfast!!!!

Patty

chilihead
03-04-2004, 10:50 PM
You've talked me into it! I've changed our lunch PS to breakfast PS! Thanks for the input!

Chilihead