PDA

View Full Version : Would you recommend Narcoossee's?

Harambe
03-02-2004, 03:26 PM
Anyone eat here recently? Would you return? Why or why not?

TIA

Tinkbell
03-02-2004, 06:12 PM
YES! This is my favorite place to eat in WDW. The service was wonderful, the view was fantastic and most of all, the food was delicious! They have wonderful seafood choices.

TammiMcMan
03-02-2004, 07:46 PM
Depends on what you're looking for. DH and I ate here in early January and the food was terrific. However, I was hoping for something on the romantic side and I found the restaurant to be a bit noisy. If you're looking for an upscale place to take the whole family, then this is a great spot. Personally, I'd feel a bit more comfortable dressing up for this restaurant, but we did see a lot of people in shorts. Also, if you time it right and get a window table, you'll have a nice view of the MK fireworks and also the Electric water parade which is shown nightly (9:15pm) on the lake.

BCV23
03-02-2004, 08:48 PM
When Narcoosee's was open for lunch, it was a must do every trip for us.

We still enjoy it. The service is almost always great and the food has always been very good.

We prefer having dinner there earlier before it gets too crowded and loud. If a group of folks from a convention come in, you'll know it!

magicmouse2
03-03-2004, 02:15 AM
::yes:: Very nice food - try the Butternut squash soup.:hyper:

jx3smom
03-03-2004, 08:48 AM
We really enjoy this restaurant. The seafood is very good and the service has always been excellent. I love watching the castle turn colors at night. It is a little noisy but I would recommend trying it.

jocon
03-03-2004, 11:03 AM
:teeth:
Out of curiosity, how are the portions at Narcoossee's? I don't like spending lots of money for just a small upiddy portion.....

lwestwise
03-03-2004, 02:07 PM
We were there in November. I really enjoyed it. It was just a bit noisy, but the food was great and the view was just as great. I would say don't be afraid to try the butternut squash soup. My mom got it and I so wish I had gotten it. It was delicious.
After dinner we were able to take our coffee on the deck and watch the fireworks and the water parade. It was really enjoyable.

Harambe
03-03-2004, 08:42 PM
Hey jocon - I am a Bridgewater State alum! I know what you mean about big price/small portion!

Thanks for everyone's reply. I've always wanted to try this place.

jocon
03-04-2004, 07:07 AM
Me too.....BSC Class of 2001:p Now.....anyone have any thoughts on those portions!

stacy6552
03-04-2004, 08:24 AM
DH and I just ate there Sat. It was wonderful. Our server made great reccommendations. And I found my favorite dessert in all of WDW there...Almond cheesecake! YUH_UMY.

Harambe
03-05-2004, 07:18 AM
Thanks Stacy6552 - I looked on the GF map and saw the restaurant way out there! Is it a far walk from the bus stop?!?!?

Well jocon - you made me feel OLD! LOL! Class of 1981 here!!!!

sotoalf
03-05-2004, 08:31 AM
Narcoosee's is no more than a couple minutes' walk from the bus stop. When exiting the stop, head to your left. There's a path between Sago Cay and the main bulding that's an overlooked shortcut; then just follow the signs. You'll be at Narcoosee's in a minute.

Cutting through the main building will take a little longer - it's a more scenic route - but the delay is negligible.

Harambe
03-06-2004, 08:14 AM
Thanks - I love shortcuts. They have made me famous with my family! "Just follow mom!"