PDA

View Full Version : MGM - Pizza Planet

sam1971
03-02-2004, 10:45 AM
Hi, this is my first time posting a message to DIS, but have been lurking for some time now.

DH, DD (3) and I are off to WDW this Thursday :hyper: and I was wondering if anyone has visited Pizza Planet in MGM? If so, what is it like inside. Does it resemble anything like the Pizza Planet shown in Toy Story?

DD has been obsessed with Toy Story lately, and every time she watches it she always says "wish I could go to Pizza Planick on my holidays". I would love to see her face there, but not so if it's a great dissapointment.

If anyone can help that would be great!

Thank you

jx3smom
03-02-2004, 11:17 AM
It's an ok place. She will probably enjoy it. There are character greetings outside of the place and she'll really like that. I belive you can meet Jessie, Buzz and Woody.

We really don't like the pizza there, though.

Melann
03-02-2004, 12:14 PM
I ate there on my recent trip, and found the pizza to be good...it seems to be the same pizza offered at other dining places around the world (had the same at Lottawatta Logde at BB, another place in MGM on a different day, etc.). It does not resemble the Pizza Planet in Toy Story which can be somewhat disappointing. They do have an upstairs section that has more tables for eating at, and the bottom floor has lots of games. Overall, I still think she will enjoy it!

KaityBsMom
03-02-2004, 01:44 PM
We had a lot of fun at Pizza Planet. We thought the pizza was fairly good and we enjoy arcades, so we were happy. :D

DH and I were somewhat disappointed, though. It is not very much like the PP in the movie, in terms of size, layout, etc. It is definitely not as 'cool'. We thought they could have done a lot more to make it more like the movie's version.

That being said, our 4-year-old DD loved it there and was not disappointed at all. The only thing she pointed out was that the prizes in the Claw machine were not the same as in the movie. But, just the fact that they did have a Claw machine was cool enough for her. :D She also enjoyed that they played songs from the Toy Story movies in the restaurant.

Have a great trip!

myboysmom
03-02-2004, 02:13 PM
We ate outside, just after meeting Buzz and Woody. Just having the Pizza Planet name was enough for my boys. We thought the pizza was fine. The boys split a cheese pizza and hubby and I split a pizza as well. They market them as individual pizzas, but are big enough to split.

We won't be having lunch there this year, going to Sci-Fi. I am sure we will be there for dinner though :)

Harambe
03-02-2004, 03:20 PM
We enjoyed it as well. As myboysmom said, plan on eating outside. Woody and Mr. Potato Head are sitting on top of the restaurant and there's a big Buzz in the courtyard.

We actually liked the pizza here. I don't find much to rave about in MGM, as far as counter service goes, so this will be a new staple for us!

slo
03-02-2004, 07:02 PM
I am sorry to report that we did not love Pizza Planet. We have been several times and everytime we go we wish we would not have eaten there.

The atmosphere is fun - gotta love the games. The food though is extremely over priced and the pizza is just okay (they don't cut it and I find that ridiculous. Cutting a pizza w/ a plastic knife is for the birds).

As a family we love Toy Story very much and we always make a point to see the characters. But when it comes to Pizza Planet we now always visit, but never stay.

Overall, if your child loves Toy Story and you feel your child will really get a kick out of the place I say go. My husband and I believe that when you go to Disney you should try to fulfill the things your child will love. So go have a meal there and just be prepared you have to cut the pizza yourself.

Have a safe trip!!!!!!:wave:

jacksmom
03-02-2004, 07:11 PM
We like Pizza Planet, and have eaten there many times! My ds likes Buzz and always asks to eat there! Also, we have always found the pizza fresh and hot and we like having a salad with it! Also, you can eat at a table outside or inside and up the stairs. There is Toy Story theming inside and out! And, there are arcade type games to play inside.

sam1971
03-03-2004, 04:33 AM
Many thanks for all your posts. I'll definitely take DD there, but now I'm better prepared in that it won't look the same as in the film.

I'm sure she'll love meeting the characters, the claw machine, and if they play the Toy Story music, well ... she'll be in her element.

Pizza Planet is just one small part of our holiday, so it won't matter if things aren't quite up to her expectations.

Just one more sleep... can't wait.

Thanks again

browneyes
03-03-2004, 09:44 AM
My ds loves to eat there. I don't really care for their pizzas or salads too much (I think that's the only thing you can order there, besides chips and a drink). You can get a cheese, a pepperoni or a veggie pizza.

It kinda looks like Pizza Planet in the movie.

You can eat upstairs or outside. Downstairs is where you order your food and there's a small arcade there.

They play 2 of the same songs constantly there, too (I know they play You've got a Friend in Me, but I think they play another song too). It took awhile to get the song out of my head after we left there.:p