PDA

View Full Version : Priority Seating ?? What if I'm late?

sherrimc99
03-02-2004, 09:14 AM
If my PS is for 7p and we're running late arriving at the check in at 7:15, does that mean that we won't be able to get into the queue as a PS and will experience wait times like those without PS?

Of course I'd like to be early for all PS, but just wondered what we'd end up with if we're late. BTW, we have PS at Chef Mickey's, Cape May Cafe Breakfast, and O'Hana, none of which required a credit card.

TIA,
sherri

HookdonWDW
03-02-2004, 09:29 AM
Generally, if you are late for a PS, they will try to accomodate your party as soon as possible. There have been some cases though, where a party showing up late for a PS was denied entry to a restaurant. The ones I know of occured because it was busy, the end of the evening, or a later seating for a character meal.

goofykc
03-02-2004, 10:46 AM
We showed up thrity minutes late one time at Chef Mickeys for breakfeast ( My fault I thought I made the ps for 7:30 but it was really for 7) and te seater was not that happy about it but we had a table in about fifteen miniutes and it was really busy. That is the only time that has happened though. I guess it just depends on how late you are and how busy the resturant is that day/night.

Goofy kc

Swan dolphin 5
DXl 2
Beach Club 1
CBR 1
All Stars 1

ILUVDXL
03-02-2004, 11:18 AM
Several years ago (I believe it was '99) we got into a major mess at the airport with flights being cancelled and rescheduled. (none of it was due to weather) To make a long story short, a flight that should have taken 3 hours and gotten us into MCO at 12:30 pm, got us there at 5:25 and we had a 7:00 PS for the Flying Fish. After checking in at DXL I called FF and explained the sitution and told them we'd be there as soon as possible. With some begging (and a hefty tip at Bell Services the delivered our luggage within 10 minutes and DXL footed the bill for a town car to the Boardwalk but we were still 20 minutes late. When we checked in the genlteman at the dest thank us for being so thoughtful about lettig them know our problem and our table awaited us. Moral of the story...Begging pays off.

sherrimc99
03-04-2004, 08:25 AM
Thanks for the BTDT. We will try to be on time but it's nice to know the CM can use their judgement in getting us a table.

sherri

IndianaDVCMember
03-04-2004, 09:48 AM
We were about 20 minutes late for a PS seating at 1900 Park Fare because the monorail was down. They gave us a table, but we had a bit of a wait.

4greatboys
03-04-2004, 11:06 AM
On our last trip we were about 15 minutes late to our ps at RFC at DAK. We were lucky and they had a table available but I think if they are busy and you are late to ps you could very well be out of luck.

mrsboz
03-04-2004, 01:56 PM
We were late to RFC in DD once. We were a little late and by the time I had to wait in line to check in we were even later. They wouldn't let us in..... I tried to get in front of the line just to tell them that we were here and that I already had a reservation and people were going crazy yelling at me not to cut. After all of this commotion I was glad not to eat there. We have eaten there before and it was very good but this time it was soooo crowded I don't think that it could have been anyway near relaxing.

HunnyPots
03-04-2004, 03:45 PM
Well, all I know is, if you are late at 50's Prime Time Cafe you're gonna hear about it from "Mom"! We walked in about five minutes late after getting caught up in the crowd waiting for the parade, and "Mom" wanted to know where we'd been and if we expected her to hold dinner for us all night. I explained about the parade crowd and she said, "Well, you didn't plan very well, did you, young lady!" I thought my dh was going to come over the counter after her but I managed to hold him back and explain that it was all part of the act. Too funny!

DawnAK
03-04-2004, 08:06 PM
We were just in the world in early January and were accidentally late to several of our PS's, including breakfast at Cindy's castle. Every CM we encountered was nothing but nice and accomodating. We were seated quickly even when there was a line. Just be friendly and patient and I am sure they will do their best to seat you. Have a great time. Dawn

graygables
03-06-2004, 03:54 PM
We were late to Coral Reef in December (stupid Alamo/National hotel shuttle...grrr) and also to Cinderella's for dinner (didn't expect a parade crowd and people were *rude* about opening a path!)

Again, in January, we were running late for Cindy's dinner b/c 18yo DD took too long to "gussy up".

All 3 times, I used my cell phone and called the hotel front desk who transferred me to the respective check-in desks. I explained our situation and was told each and every time not to worry about it and they sincerely thanked me for letting them know. I think that was key in how we were treated. Each time we were greeted pleasantly and seated as promptly as they could.

Also, in January, we had to cancel a 630 at Boma and reschedule for 830 (too late for me and little DDS, but Mom had to get her DD shopping fix and we weren't going to make the 630!!) We arrived at Boma at 740 and checked in and were seated a little after 8, so it wasn't too bad at all.

Just remember that smiles and courtesy go a loooong way with CMs!