PDA

View Full Version : character lunch at the garden grill or dinner at liberty tavern

Stiff
03-01-2004, 06:13 PM
anybody have any insight to offer here?

we planned on booking the castle for breakfast...but he isnt really interested in cinderella (he is a 4 YO boy)....and I think id rather just book the castle for lunch or dinner to eat there

we have breakfastsaurus booked...but we were thinking maybe anotehr character meal

pumpkinboy
03-01-2004, 07:57 PM
Breakfastasaurus is basically McDonalds, I believe, tho in a really cool setting; I expect your DS will enjoy. Garden Grill, well..... not my fav' (if you can't say something nice....). Liberty Tree has good food, a great atmosphere and good characters. Our favorite "boy" theme meal was at crystal palace with Pooh, Piglet, Tigger & Eeyore; our DS (birthday meal on 6th b'day) just beamed all the way thru. Also the buffet was much better than I am used to having in the MK; the food was creative, well-prepared and delicious.

HunnyPots
03-01-2004, 11:03 PM
NO NO NO! Breakfastosaurus is NOT a McDonalds! It is a full-fledged breakfast buffet that serves everything from fruit and bagels to bacon and ommlettes and breakfast pizza and then some. The characters are mickey, donald, pluto and goofy.
You are thinking of "Restaurantosaurus", which is what it becomes AFTER breakfast hours and it does serve McD's fries and such.
We loved the character breakfast at Donald's. The service, food, and characters all were outstanding.

kilee
03-01-2004, 11:37 PM
I like the dinner character meal at LTT. I thought the food was excellent and there were lots of characters we had--- Minnie, Pluto, Meeko, Chip, Dale, and Goofy. I like the atmosphere too.

I've never done Garden Grill. I hear it is excellent too. I have heard a few people say though that the spinning (even though it's super slow) still gives them motion sickness. I get motion sickness really easy--- so I doubt I'll ever even try this place.

goofy4tink
03-02-2004, 08:34 AM
We love Donald's Breakfastasaurous!!! Terrific meal. I am one of the few people in the entire world that doesn't just love LTT's dinner. It's okay but we've done it twice now and I just haven't thought the food was all that wonderful. Love the atomosphere and characters tho. Now, that being said...I love Garden Grill. The food has always been great. I don't have a problem with the revolving thing. It just barely moves, not actually a spinning. The only thing I don't love about the Garden Grill meal is the dessert. I also like lunch or dinner in the Castle. After doing the breakfast there twice now, I find the food is iffy.

Stiff
03-02-2004, 08:37 AM
and here I was hoping I could get all you can eat sausage mcmuffins with egg....I love those things :p

Ive read alot of good reviews of breakfastasaurus and my boy wants to meet Donald most, so it sounds like a match.

I think we have decided to do the Crystal Palace for lunch as our second character meal. the more I gave it thought, Id hate to eat at the garden grill while at epcot, when across the water is all those good restaurants (mmmmmm, marrakesh)

looks like we will be there at the same time HunnyPots....seems so far away

Jo-Jo21
03-02-2004, 03:07 PM
We have made Breakfastasaurus the traditional first stop of our Disney trips! Breakfast and then on to the Dinosaur ride!
But my son also loves the princess breakfasts - he wears the kisses as a badge of honor all day through the parks
http://images.ofoto.com/photos582/1/4/99/83/20/5/520839904103_0_ALB.jpg

picantel
03-02-2004, 06:15 PM
This is what we did for the characters at the garden grill. First we had breakfast buffet at bomas at around 9:30-10. Then at 3 we got a PS for the ice cream social at garden grill. IT cost around $30 for a family of 4. We saw mickey, pluto, chip,and dale. Much cheaper than a character meal and the ice cream desserts they give you are pretty large and impressive. Very fancy. Then around 8 you can do the liberty tree. Basically you put 2 buffets around icecream and skip lunch but I guarentee you will be stuffed anyway and will not miss it. You get more meal for the buck.

Stiff
03-02-2004, 06:45 PM
we thought about the ice cream social....but that would be aroudn the time of "rest"...aka. nap so we can go into the night

jacksmom
03-02-2004, 07:17 PM
We love LTT and Breakfastasaurus! Also, Chef Mickeys is good at breakfast and is my ds's favorite! We have not yet tried Garden Grill but we are thinking about it for our next trip! Would also love to hear more GG reviews!:Pinkbounc pirate: :bounce:

Jordan's MOM
03-02-2004, 07:39 PM
We too love Donalds at AK. It is our favorite breakfast buffet of all. Service, food and character interaction all awsome. We also LOVE LTT. It is our favorite character dinner. Service was just ok, but the food was amazing (family style) and the characters were great. We have not eaten at GG. We went there a few years ago with looking towards maybe having lunch there and the CM standing our front was very rude to us. We just passed on by and have never had a desire to return though it is my sister's family's favorite meal of all. Don't think you can go wrong.

Jordans' mom