PDA

View Full Version : Here's our dining plan-opinions please

cruisnfamily
03-01-2004, 12:36 PM
I love getting everybody's input on my plans. Very often you guys think of things I've overlooked and I appreciate the help. My family is no help, they just go wherever I tell them to. It's all up to me(and you!).

Here it is:

This is the week before Memorial Day. We'll have poptarts and donuts in the room for a quick breakfast before we head out.

Wed May 26th: MGM day, 50's Primetime lunch at 12noon, Luau at 5:15

Thurs May 27th: MK day, Plaza Restaurant at 11am, Illuminations cruise 8:30pm. Probably grab dinner at ESPN before the cruise if the wait isn't too bad(I wish I could make a PS here)

Fri May 28th: Epcot day, Breakfast at Boatwrights(POR) at 8:30am, Lunch ???, Fantasmic Dinner Pkg H&V 4:30pm

Sat May 29th: AK day, Breakfastasaurus 8am, lunch probably at Tusker House(it sounds really good so we'll probably try it).

So, what do you think? Other than lunch on Friday in Epcot we're all set.

disney queen
03-01-2004, 01:50 PM
if ESPN is too crowded, you might want to consider Big River Grill and Brewery just a few doors down. we discovered this restaurant in september and have returned several times.:tongue:

Parrothd
03-01-2004, 02:25 PM
I can't speak for the Animal Kingdom restaurants since I've never been, but the rest of your itinerary looks pretty good. What about supper Saturday night? Or, will you be departing before supper?

I, too, was going to suggest the Big River Grill & Brewing Works. Note that it isn't on Disney's PS list either. The WDW Dining Reservationist told me to try calling the restaurant directly to make reservations. She was even helpful enough to give me their direct phone number.

You might want to try that for ESPN if you're wanting to eat there. I don't know if they accept reservations or not, but it's worth a try.

One of the allures of Big River Grill is that they have an outside dining area......on the boardwalk......if you like that sort of thing (we DO). Their menu looks pretty good too. :tongue:

The Garden Grill restaurant at EPCOT is always a good lunch choice.......but then again, EPCOT has SO MANY good restaurants!..........

San Angel Inn
Le Cellier Steakhouse
German Biergarten
Coral Reef Restaurant
Teppanyaki Dining Room
etc.

cruisnfamily
03-01-2004, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Parrothd
What about supper Saturday night? Or, will you be departing before supper?
No, we're not departing until Sunday morning but I figured we'd just wing it for dinner. Depending on how long we stay in the park or whatever.

The WDW Dining Reservationist told me to try calling the restaurant directly to make reservations. She was even helpful enough to give me their direct phone number.

You might want to try that for ESPN if you're wanting to eat there. I don't know if they accept reservations or not, but it's worth a try.

One of the allures of Big River Grill is that they have an outside dining area......on the boardwalk......if you like that sort of thing (we DO). Their menu looks pretty good too. :tongue:
Parrothd, you're so very helpful! Would you be willing to post the phone # for Big River Grill? Do you know ESPN's #? This Big River Grill is another one I've never heard of....where have I been? Is the menu on allears? I'm off to check.

Parrothd
03-01-2004, 02:46 PM
I don't know ESPN's number, but here's the number she gave me for Big River Grill & Brewing Works: 407-560-0253

I'm glad I could be of assistance. I'm just jealous that you get to go before I do........hahaha. :teeth:

Harambe
03-01-2004, 03:14 PM
As far as the lunch goes in Epcot - just amble around and you'll find plenty of choices! We are big fans of Yakatori House for something quick if we are there at lunchtime. Also - the Land Pavilion has a big variety of stuff, sure to please most everyone.

Your other choices look great! Tusker House is excellent, but so is Flame Tree BBQ. AK Has the best counter service, IMO!