PDA

View Full Version : First Aid Question

plano4
02-20-2004, 10:22 PM
Does anyone know if the first aid center on the ship will have a nebulizer to administer a breathing treatment? I am bringing my DD's emergency meds, but don't want to bring our old, heavy, cumbersome machine. I doubt she will have an attack, but I am always prepared. Thank you.

floridaminnie
02-22-2004, 07:02 PM
:bounce:

CACruiser
02-22-2004, 07:43 PM
You should contact guest services and find out what is availble for emergency treatment. Also, consider renting a smaller, newer model from a medical supply company. Your insurance may even cover it!

LisaCA

DawnCt
02-23-2004, 10:59 AM
I would guess that they have any medical equipment that an emergency room would have. I visited the sick bay on the Voyager for a tour and it looked just like an emergency room and ICU. I would expect no less from Disney. Having said that however, I doubt that you would be allowed to "borrow" the nebulizer without having a medical visit and having the doctor perscribe what he felt was appropriate. It may not be what you feel is appropriate. I think you would also generate a medical bill as well. I would bring my own equipment just in case. You are familiar with it and nothing beats having your own "stuff" when an emergency hits.

plano4
02-23-2004, 11:08 AM
Thank you so much for the replies. I never thought of them not letting me give her our meds! I am going to contact the insurance company to see if I can rent a smaller unit for the cruise. If not, I'll just lug ours onboard. Thanks again, I really appreciate the help.