PDA

View Full Version : **check priceline tonight**

AnnMorin
02-19-2004, 08:59 PM
We just got back from a wonderful trip to ft. lauderdale and I thought I would just see if priceline had anything good yet for our Dec. cruise on the beach at cocoa. I plugged in our dates (12/3-12/4) and only $39.00 for a three star and got the holiday inn cocoa beach ocean front! The pool looks awesome for kids with water canons etc and it is on the beach! I don't know how much inventory they have but thought i would give folks the heads up.. now I must head off to bed...

4nana
02-19-2004, 09:46 PM
Please share your secret to these great prices w/Priceline???

I've not had any luck with them and have come to the conclusion that they have selected cities for the 'bargain deals' I read about. We're taking a week-end trip and Priceline only list 1* & 2* for our destination.
I bid $40 for a 2*, was refused, so 72 hrs later bid $55. and was still refused!! As I had a particular 3* in mind (that includes brkf) did not want to go any higher. I then called Best Western directly and got a $100 room for $61. AARP rate. I am happy and have to say - To Bad, So Sad, Priceline!!

Any hints welcomed!::yes::
Thanx ~ Sandie

alexandrew
02-20-2004, 06:16 AM
Glad you had a good time in S. FLA.....!!!!

AnnMorin
02-20-2004, 06:37 AM
Nana , I always check into www.biddingfortravel.com first to get a good idea what is available. It took me at least a month of bidding to get the cocoa beach one. I just kept bidding every three days. I am so glad I got it though.
Alexandrew- Fort Lauderdale (we stayed at the yankee clipper GREAT place) was amazing, I only wish it were longer!

dtuleya
02-20-2004, 06:44 AM
I agree with Ann, using www.biddingfortravel.com is a must! You must also be patient as you might not get your bid accepted at first. Sheryl, the webmaster at BFT will help you set up a bidding strategy so you don't overbid, but warning, she is no-nonsense and not always warm and fuzzy. Read, read read as much as you can on the site before placing a bid.

4nana
02-20-2004, 10:29 AM
Thanx Ann & Denise ~

I knew I could could on my Dis board friends for good advise!!
I shall investigate 'biddingfortravel' strategy as we are planning a cross country trip later this year for our 40th Annv.

Thanx again!
~ Sandie

AnnMorin
02-20-2004, 10:34 AM
Sandi if you pm or email me with the destinations you want maybe I can help, I have had a lot of success on hotwire too. Our trip we just got back from was at the Sheraton Yankee clipper (just beautiful) and we booked it as a package from hotwire including airfare for about $1100.00 four nights three people, the only thing I did not like was our flight was REALLY late. We did love the hotel so much that we plan on taking Mike there again next year for his birthday again.