PDA

View Full Version : Another t-shirt question...

4mickeyfans
02-19-2004, 08:47 PM
Ok, iron's on, shirts are 1/2 done...no time to search...someone please help:hyper:

I'm 1/2 way through the fronts of 17 shirts for the kids on "our" cruise. I created a really cute iron-on - looks good so far!

The question...how do I do the back side...I know many of you are experts at this...do I put a board or something b/w the side I'm ironing on and the one already done? Do I keep the backing paper on the first application? If so, I've already removed from most the shirts but I guess I could put back in place.

Any tips greatly appreciated before I mess all these up! DH thinks I've flipped...we leave Sat. a.m. and I came home tonight with this wild hair idea:crazy:

I already did the pillowcases to be autographed...they look great:earsgirl:

Verandah Man
02-19-2004, 09:31 PM
When I put transfers on both the front and back, I iron on the transfer to one side, leave the backing on the transfer, turn the shirt over, then iron on the second transfer. You take a chance of messing up the first tranfer with the backing removed before ironing on the second transfer. Since you already took the backing off the one side, I would say to put something very thick on the inside of the t-shirt, so that the heat from the iron doesn't reach the first transfer that is already on the shirt.
Good Luck!!!

4mickeyfans
02-19-2004, 09:33 PM
Knew I could count on the expert! I'll let you know how it turns out!

Verandah Man
02-19-2004, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by 4mickeyfans
Knew I could count on the expert! I'll let you know how it turns out!

I just edited my previous post, you might want to go abck and re-read it.

4mickeyfans
02-19-2004, 10:51 PM
So far so good! The ones that I've done are the ones I thought to leave the backing on for side 1 - they are coming out very nicely...I can't wait to show everyone!

I've been inserting a piece of white posterboard between the layers which I figured would insulate but it also keeps everything nice and straight!

I plan to use the board AND try to put the backing back in place when I do the others - fortunately it's only 4 that I removed backings from.

Will keep you posted!

Tandyc
02-20-2004, 01:42 AM
They make cardboard to go inside the t shirts to iron and make sure they are flat and not wrinkled. They work great for the second transfer. I would try just any piece of heavy cardboard you've got lying around. Don't get the first transfer hot from the iron a second time or it may mess up that first transfer.

Good luck!

ps What a nice thing to do for your fellow cruisers!

dthogue
02-20-2004, 06:56 AM
Could you share what you put on your t-shirts?

Thanks,
Tammy
princess:

4mickeyfans
02-20-2004, 03:33 PM
ALL of the t-shirts came out great - all 17 of them, and the 2 pillowcases for DD and DS to get autographs!

Now, I need to start packing...we leave before dawn!

I'm not sure how to attach a document here - or post a link - if anyone cares to tell me, I'll post them.

Basically, I used a vignette image with the ship and the Mickey cloud. Underneath I wrote (in disney print, of course)...
Mardi Gras on the Disney Wonder - I used that logo for Disney - the one where different characters make up each letter.

On the back, I used a rectangular image of Castaway Cay - I found it on some travel website - it has frayed edges - kind of like a distressed treasure map! The foreground is the beach with a sandcastle of Cindy's castle...the background is the ship in the horizon. Under the picture I wrote "Castaway Cay Kids" and listed all the names of the kids in our group.

For the pillowcases, I did the same image as the fronts of the t-shirts and underneath wrote "Christina's Disney Dreams" ..this time in "Walt Disney Script" font, and once again used that Disney logo.

For my first time doing all this, I have to say I'm quite pleased with myself!

figment52
02-20-2004, 03:38 PM
That sound wonderful ... or should I say Magical!!

Have a great trip ... I wish I was going again ..I was on the Mardi Gras cruise last year!!