PDA

View Full Version : Disney Cruise on Acording to Jim

jimilla
02-19-2004, 02:41 PM
I don't Know if this was posted here or not, but I just got an E-mail from DCL stating that the TV show Acording to Jim is taking a Disney Cruise. It's a 2 part show starting this Tuesday 2/24.

Thought others might be intrested:earsboy:

wdwdclfan
02-19-2004, 02:48 PM
I just got it also-- :jumping1:

Dear Gayle,
As an experienced Disney cruiser, you’ve done the clubs, the restaurants, the deck parties … maybe even the spa. Hey, you may have done it all. But not like this!

We’re about to show you a side of Disney Cruise Line® no one has seen before––a side brought to you by the cast of the breakout ABC comedy series, According to Jim.
That’s right. The show has set sail, and for two episodes Disney Cruise Line is the star.

So beginning this Tuesday, tune in to ABC to catch this special,
two-part According to Jim. You may even get some ideas for your very own cruise. Between laughs, of course.

Don’t miss out!

Sincerely,

Lee Kitchen
Manager, Disney Cruise Vacations

-looking forward to it.:jumping1:

gometros
02-19-2004, 03:39 PM
The show was filmed during the 1/17/04 cruise. There was a lot of discussion about it during that timeframe.

FantasticDisFamily
02-19-2004, 03:43 PM
that a friend here at work passed along but no email. Maybe you have to be presently booked? Either way we'll be watching. As close as we'll get to a cruise this year! :( :(

Deb

mouseclick1
02-19-2004, 03:47 PM
Yes, I did see that it was coming up. I have never watched the show before, but will definitely watch those episodes!

abitjaded
02-19-2004, 04:29 PM
Anybody want to give a little low down on the characters of According to Jim? We are also planning on watching, but have never seen the show before.

Carla

figment52
02-19-2004, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by abitjaded
Anybody want to give a little low down on the characters of According to Jim? We are also planning on watching, but have never seen the show before.

Carla

I think you can go out to ABC.com and search the show and they will give you some additional information and history. That is how I caught up on "The Apprentice" on NBC (never thought I would get hooked on that one but I did).

Wishing on a star
02-19-2004, 05:45 PM
According to Jim is the classic men are from Mars women are from Venus sitcom... Jim plays the classic fourtyish man with Cheryl his wife, a stay-at-home mom, and their two young daughters and baby son. The humor is always in how they "play the game....' like in one recent episode, Cheryl is preparing to go to a dressy function that Jim doesn't want to go to... So he conveniently 'forgets' his nice dress-suit at the cleaners... So, knowing this, Cheryl calls his bluff saying, well just come as you are, he then says, but this old Tshirt it dirty.... and takes it off showing his ample belly... so she ups the Ante.... standing there in her robe and hair-curlers (not yet in her nice dress....) so they banter back and forth, upping the Ante, until Cheryl says, Okay I will come as I am.... By the time they leave for the party, Jim has a belly-button face painted on his bare stomach, and Cheryl has lipstick smeared all over her face! :earseek: LOL!!!

In one episode, Jim doesn't want Cheryl to pay for having things delivered... She of course, is the very busy harried housewife with young kids, and depends on this frequently... She tells Jim she will give up the deliveries if he will help out by doing some shopping or errands on his way home from work, to bring stuff home to her... He plays the "Duhhh, don't know how to do it card..." screwing everything up... To which he expects her to really go-off on him... and then not expect him to help any more. She fully realizes Jim's game, and instead of going-off, she is super understanding and 'smiley'... always accepting whatever he brings home (which becomes more and more ridculous!) and she keeps saying... "Don't feel bad, with more and MORE 'practice' you will learn to get it right"!!! :teeth: On and On.... LOL!!!!

Throw in Cheryls STILL single attractive and wistfull younger sister and her very quirky heavy-set brother.... who are always taking sides with Jim / Cheryl as they "Play the game".

There ya have it. :D

CRB#33
02-19-2004, 06:24 PM
Yes, it looks like they sent it to Castaway Club members.

An experienced cruiser it said! :laughing: I only wish I was an experienced cruiser!

I'm an experienced cruiser wannabe! :teeth:

cjsmith
02-19-2004, 06:32 PM
It's funny, I know it's supposed to start on the 24th, but according to the info on my comcast cable schedule, that's isn't what's listed for next Thursday. I'm glad that I already knew the dates since I didn't get the postcard and I am a Castaway Club member!

thatmom
02-19-2004, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by cjsmith
It's funny, I know it's supposed to start on the 24th, but according to the info on my comcast cable schedule, that's isn't what's listed for next Thursday. I'm glad that I already knew the dates since I didn't get the postcard and I am a Castaway Club member!

Hi,
Try TUESDAY the 24th.....
have a great day,
Thatmom

Verandah Man
02-19-2004, 07:15 PM
Click here for more about According to Jim (http://abc.go.com/primetime/accordingtojim/index.html)

wltdsnyfan
02-19-2004, 07:47 PM
:sunny: It did not go to Castaway members, becaue I am one and I did not receive. But I found when I went to Disney's web site.

westjones
02-19-2004, 09:14 PM
I didn't get it either, and we are Castaway Club members (been on 4 cruises).

We are looking forward to the show next week. It will be fun seeing them on the ship, but it will make me 'homesick' for our vacation home! ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

DJ

jlawall
02-19-2004, 09:20 PM
Help me out guys....what time? (East Coast)

Verandah Man
02-19-2004, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by jlawall
Help me out guys....what time? (East Coast)

9pm on ABC

BibbidyBobbidyBoo
02-19-2004, 09:59 PM
It can't be for Castaway Club members... because we haven't yet gone on a cruise and I got the email earlier today. Maybe it IS sent to those that have a cruise booked at the present time?

westjones
02-19-2004, 10:16 PM
It is on Tuesday nights, on ABC at 9:00 pm EST.

CRB#33
02-20-2004, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by BibbidyBobbidyBoo
It can't be for Castaway Club members... because we haven't yet gone on a cruise and I got the email earlier today. Maybe it IS sent to those that have a cruise booked at the present time?

I guess they sent to both. My e-mail has the Castaway cCub logo right on it, that's why I assumed.

They probably sent it to anyone who has their e-mail registered with DCL through any means.

disneyfan551
02-20-2004, 08:47 AM
My 2yo dd received this email, and..... she got it because I had requested a new DCL video to be sent to her within the last month or so. Maybe that will solve some of the "why didn't I get an email?" questions. ;)

I ordered the video in her name, because I feel guilty for ordering too many in my name! :rolleyes:

pal2pluto
02-20-2004, 12:30 PM
The website for According to Jim has some great photos....some are obviously at the sailaway party and shows all sorts of people...certainly someone in those shots is a DISer!!!

mmouse37
02-20-2004, 12:54 PM
Just checked out the photos and in one of the them you can see Andy from the Cruise Staff....he also hosts Bingo on the Magic...tall, thin from Austrialia.

MJ