View Full Version : 1st time Disney cruiser
02-19-2004, 01:18 PM
I am doing a Disney cruise for the 1st time soon and I have a few questions:
1. If we tag the luggage to go directly from the plane to the boat, does it get delivered to your room? Is the luggage there when you get on?
2. My plane arrives in Orlando at 6:30 A.M. Any suggestions on what my family and I should do for 4 hours?
3. Should we stay at the airport or take a shuttle to the cruise terminal?
4.Is there a Car Rental facility near the Cruise terminal?
02-19-2004, 01:53 PM
Welcome to the DISboard Madeline!
Here's what I know:
1) Yes, if your luggage is tagged, DCL will pick it up at the airport and deliver it to your cabin. Be sure not to pack anything you might need in your checked luggage. Once it gets into Orlando you most likely won't see it til you get to your cabin.
2 & 3) If you are using DCL transportation, which I would assume since they are transporting your luggage (?), you will need to wait til the DCL shuttles are ready to depart the airport. Someone should be able to give you an idea of what time that might be.
4) Yes, there are several facilities near the port. Check at Dave's (http://www.dcltribute.com) website about which ones are close.
Hope this give you a good start.
02-19-2004, 02:04 PM
The luggage will appear in your cabin. It likely will not be there when you get on board, but will arrive sometime before 5 pm.
The first bus leaves the airport between 9:30 and 10 for the port (using DCL transportation.) There is no need to get to the port before 10 am, as they will not allow you on the port property prior to that time. The port opens to incoming traffic at 10, the counters open for check in at 10:30. If you arrive before 10, you will sit across a big street and parking lot...you will NOT be on the port property at all, and it is a long walk with luggage if your private limo drops you off.
There is a car rental facility near the terminal with a shuttle to the terminal.
You could always have breakfast in the airport. There is a Disney store there...Let's see, if the plane arrives at 6:30, it will be 6:45 till you are off, and you will be on the DCL bus about 9:30. That's not quite 3 hours, which won't be a lot of fun, but is do-able. Eat, look around the airport especially at the Dis store, watch planes come in, etc.
It really isn't long enough to leave the airport area or to go to the port area and do anything...besides, stuff isn't open that early.
Taking a private limo might save you some money (if there are more than 3 in your group), but wouldn't help on the time situation. If you are renting a car to go to the port, that will take some of your time. You could then stop at a restaurant near the port for breakfast. You really wouldn't have time to drive to Downtown Disney or any Disney place--it's the wrong direction, and wouldn't be open at 7 am.
vBulletin® v3.8.4, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.