PDA

View Full Version : What if you drive to WDW...

TinkHappy
02-18-2004, 08:43 PM
And wish to take DCL transportation from the hotel? Can you leave your car in the parking lot?

Dave_from_Marietta
02-18-2004, 08:45 PM
Only if you got a hotel near the airport. The port is 47 miles from the airport, so you'd save money by staying at a hotel near the port that offers free parking. I have details about port-area hotels at my web site...

www.dcltribute.com/lodging

TinkHappy
02-18-2004, 08:59 PM
Thanks again Dave...I was just thinking, since we have never taken the DCL bus, we were thinking about staying at VWL and taking DCL transportation from there. Just thinking about it, it really isn't a $$$ thing.

tstobb
02-18-2004, 09:00 PM
We left our car in the parking lot of the Contemporary last year without a problem during our cruise. We were staying at the hotel before and after - just make sure to let the staff know when you check in so they'll issue a parking sheet to cover all of the days you'll be away.

kcashner
02-18-2004, 10:47 PM
Literature from the cruise line specifically states that you cannot leave your car at a WDW resort while you cruise. You can leave it at the Radisson at Port Canaveral if you stay there or at the Quality Suite (their sister hotel) the night before the cruise. Or you can park at the port for $10 per day.

Considering the cost of DCL transfers, it costs less to park at the port for 7 days than it does to pay for transfers for 2 people. Even if transfers are a part of your package (like a land/sea package), you can cancel the transfers and save some money.