PDA

View Full Version : Visa/Disney Dollars Question!!!

toot2
02-18-2004, 04:48 PM
We just got an application in the mail for the Disney Visa. It states you earn 1% of purchases in Disney Dream Reward Dollars.

I've read on other threads something about $50 onboard credit when using the Disney Visa but it required both the deposit and final payment to be on the visa.

My deposit was paid on another card and I'm ready to make final payment. I thought I'd make the final on the Disney Visa to earn some rewards but it seems too easy. Has anyone had a problems redeeming the rewards onboard?

My final is due next week so I've got to decide soon!

Sue

mcgrawfan
02-18-2004, 05:52 PM
We didn't have any trouble redeeming onboard. When you are ready to cash in the points with Bank One you will get sent a plastic card (that looks like a credit card) on here will be the amount of dollars you cashed in. Just take the card to Guest Services onboard and tell them how much to use from it and they will just apply it to your stateroom account.

Grumpy's Mom
02-19-2004, 02:53 PM
I learned of this promotion after I had made the deposit on our 12/20/03 cruise. I asked our TA, who transferred our deposit (actually credited the first card) and then charged the Disney Visa card. I had $75 to spend, and saved it for the 5 hours we spent at DTD on 12/27 before our flight home. I like to scrapbook, and I bought everything I needed to make a fine memory book of this wonderful trip-free! Now, to find the time....

rsjj
02-19-2004, 10:24 PM
I did the same thing as Grumpy's Mom. The original offer was you needed to travel by 12/31/03. Our orginal travel date was 12/27/03, but we switched the date (long story). Anyways, I was bummed that we couldn't get the $50 on board credit. But I just got that newsletter through Bank One a week or two ago, and noticed that they had the same offer, and that you must travel by 12/31/04. And it had to be a new booking. I've already made final payment (with Disney card...figure I could use the rebate $...with the amount we're charging...) Contacted my TA, told her about the offer, how it's been extended, and if I could still get it even though it's not really a "new booking". She called Disney...and we got our $50 on board credit! I am so happy. $50 is $50! Just to let you know! :wave2:

mousebrat
02-19-2004, 11:18 PM
I had a similar question about getting the $50 onboard credit. We were not able to get it because we would lose our $100 onboard credit from Dreams Unlimited. We just couldn't add the $50 credit without technically rebooking... Oh well, I'm sure we'll have fun spending our $100.

tiggergranny
02-20-2004, 05:45 AM
I recently booked our trip and used my disney visa for the deposit and in March will use it again to pay the balance. This is what it said to do, right?

I called my t/a and asked about it and she said "because they buy large blocks of rooms from disney at such low prices", they don't offer any onboard credits.

Okay my question this credit is from Visa not the t/a--what do I do now.

ClarabelleCow
02-20-2004, 07:33 AM
they would need to use bookin gcode DCC, and you have to pay our deposit and balance with your disney visa. I was able to add it through Costco travel.

SCOTTOHIOCPA
02-20-2004, 07:36 AM
I picked up a visa application this week at the Disney store. The new offer gives you $50 to spend with your first purchase.

kcashner
02-20-2004, 08:15 AM
As I understand it, the only thing you have to do with the Disney Visa to get the onboard credit is to have the code entered at the time of the initial booking. I think the travel agent you said something about large blocks of rooms and discount rates is giving wrong information. The only kicker is that this cannot be combined with any other offer that includes an onboard credit (and all payments must be on the Disney Visa). FOr instance, I re-booked on board, so got a $200 onboard credit. Even though I used my Disney visa, I cannot get an additional $50 credit. (I'm not upset, just trying to explain it so everyone understands.) You can only have one onboard credit code per reservation, so you want the one that gives you the most $.

Even though I can't get the onboard credit, I can (and am) of course collecting the points on each card use. We had enough to cover our tips (for 2 passengers) on our last cruise. It's easy to do--just take your rewards card to guest services.

For the new gal--you do have to apply for the rewards card (either on line or by phone) in order to use the rewards points. You keep accrueing them, but can't use them till you get the rewards card. Am I making sense?????

toot2
02-20-2004, 12:07 PM
If I had received the Disney Visa application earlier I probably would have used it but when we called they said the application process wouldn't be completed by the deadline for my final payment. Too bad to miss out on the $50 reward but I really don't need another credit card!!!

If we re-book while on our cruise we'll get to take advantage of the $200 onboard credit for next time.

Thanks for the info.

Sue