PDA

View Full Version : questions about Vero Beach...

debbiebones
02-12-2004, 07:53 AM
Okay, now I'm rethinking our vacation for next February...originally we were going to WDW, for the entire time. But since we have almost 2 weeks, I'd like to go to Vero Beach for a bit of a change.

Questions:

What is the difference between Deluxe Inn room which sleeps 4 and the one bedroom vacation home which sleeps 4?

How long is the drive from Orlando to Vero Beach?

What is the weather usually like in Vero Beach in mid-February...similar to Orlando?

Thanks for taking the time to answer these questions...I could probably do more research and find the answers myself but I like to communicate with all of you instead :wave2:

Deb

WebmasterDoc
02-12-2004, 07:58 AM
The Inn room is your typical hotel room (although many will have an ocean view)- the 1BR Villa has full kitchen, King Bed, Jacuzzi, Washer/Dryer and lots more space.

VB is about a 2 hour drive from WDW and February weather will be a little warmer than Orlando- just because it's further south.

VB is a nice diversion from the level of activity available at WDW. There are 2 nice onsite restaurants, a nice beach and great children's activities.

Have a great trip!

debbiebones
02-12-2004, 08:02 AM
Thanks Doc...exactly what I needed to hear!

Deb

pumpkinboy
02-12-2004, 09:40 AM
DebbieBones; the Inn Rooms are really nice, and the ocean view is nothing short of spectacular. We had originally reserved a studio in one of the outer buildings (ie not the main Inn). It was nice enough when we got there, but my wife decided she wanted a view rather than an unspectacular condo-style studio. The lovely Brenda at the front desk did not charge us a change fee and put us in a magnificent ocean view inn room, one of the rooms at the corner, so it's kind of a serpentive space; waaay more room than the studio. I kid you not: my wife gasped when she saw the view.

I realize that you are asking about 1BRs as well, something I cannot opine on. Note that in the studios and 1BRs, the second bed is a pull-out couch (or "hided bed" as 4 yr old DD puts it;)). They are all in the outer buildings (#12, #14 and #15, I believe). We enjoyed being in the main Inn building tho as it gave us easy access to the restarants, gift shop and back porch (where "Unca Banjo" played for us several afternoons, much to my 6 yr old DS's delight).

As for the drive, it took us 1hr 45 mins to get to VB from PBI (Welt Palm), and on the way out it took us about the same amount of time to get to MCO (even with a 20 min stop at Hale Groves to pick up some citrus to bring home, Yum!).
:sunny:
Enjoy!

Nick@ VB+OKW
02-12-2004, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by debbiebones
How long is the drive from Orlando to Vero Beach?

From the airport(MCO) to VB it is 96 miles( takes us 1 hr 25 min).

From OKW to VB it is 114 miles (takes us 1 hr 45 min).

TINKTWINS
02-12-2004, 06:48 PM
Bumping because im realy interested in Vero and am strongly consodering buying some Vero points but need to learn more.

thanks

Nick@ VB+OKW
02-12-2004, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by TINKTWINS
Bumping because im realy interested in Vero and am strongly consodering buying some Vero points but need to learn more.

Here are a few links about VB with pictures also..........

http://www.mouseplanet.com/sue_holland/vbr_activities.htm

http://www.mouseplanet.com/sue_holland/vbr.htm

http://www.tagrel.com/Tours/DVC/Vero/VeroSlideShow.htm

http://www.metatiki.com/index.cfm?method=cities_businessListings_businessl isting&methods=Listings&BusinessType=Food%2FDining&city=VeroBeachFL

My princess Livy
02-13-2004, 08:25 AM
I'd be happy to answer anything I could as a local. We eat there frequently just because its close, and its beautiful.

ClarabelleCow
02-13-2004, 08:57 AM
I have a question, we are Vero bound tonight!! Is the weather really looking as bad as the weather channel has posted!! Looks like rain Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday!!! This is my 4th trip to Vero, we love the resort, but every time we go we get the rain!!!!

My princess Livy
02-13-2004, 12:08 PM
Well, today its very overcast and cool, around 70. But no rain as of yet. I'm hearing more rain on sunday, and just sort of overcast with showers occasionally for the next few. We actually like this weather, cause its about as close to spring as we get :D Pretty soon it will be hot hot hot :sunny: Anyway I hope you enjoy your trip, most visitors seem to like the temps in the 70's too, its great for golf if you play and of course assuming its not raining.

ClarabelleCow
02-13-2004, 12:16 PM
thanks for the update!! We arrive in Orlando tonight and drive out to Vero tomorrow, spending Valentines at _________, great, I can't remember the name! It's on the water, net place with a gift shop. Made the reservations about a month ago! The weather channel is showing thunder and lightening on Tuesday:mad:, we may high tail it out to Orlando for the ovenright! But that could change!

PamOKW
02-13-2004, 12:50 PM
Clarabell, this might get you in the mood.

Vero Report (http://www.globallifeguards.org/themes/Custom/1/glg_articleView.asp?pid=68&tid=14&articleid=29)

TINKTWINS
02-13-2004, 04:24 PM
Nick thanks so much for those links they were very helpful, im in negotiations with my DH right now about buying into Vero! Heres hoping!

Nick@ VB+OKW
02-13-2004, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by TINKTWINS
Nick thanks so much for those links they were very helpful, im in negotiations with my DH right now about buying into Vero!

http://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoticons4u/fam/fam25.gif
Your welcome......and "Good luck".

Maistre Gracey
02-13-2004, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by ClarabelleCow
...spending Valentines at _________, great, I can't remember the name! It's on the water, net place with a gift shop.
Ocean Grill perhaps? Not sure, but it fits your description. It's a great place, and it's on our must do list.

Have a great time!... :cool:

MG

PamOKW
02-13-2004, 09:23 PM
Myprincess, great to have a Vero native on the boards! I think I speak for many of the Vero lovers when I say....we'd love suggestions on where to eat! Any local favorites that you'd recommend?

(Congratulations on the new baby....the "firecracker" line is wonderful!)

Tigger1
02-14-2004, 06:49 AM
We will be at Vero at the end of May. We have nevereaten out but would like to try some fresh Seafood. Any suggestions?
Is there anywhere that lookouts to the ocean while you dine?

Also, wheres the best place to spot Dolphans?

Thanks Tigger

PamOKW
02-14-2004, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by Tigger1
Is there anywhere that lookouts to the ocean while you dine?

For a restaurant that looks out into the ocean, the Ocean Grill is the place to go. (You can also get a good view from the deck of the Green Cabin bar at Disney.)

www.ocean-grill.com

My princess Livy
02-14-2004, 08:00 AM
yes, ocean grill is a great place nice views, very good food and a fun atmosphere. Cafe Du Soir is a lovely french restaurant very romantic and great food, but no real views(dh proposed to me here.) Black Pearl Brasserie is a great place for yummy fairly casual lunch or dinner, Capt. Hirams is in sebastian(which is north of disney on us1, but not that far. They have lots of seafood and its riverfront, live entertainment, fun and casual. If you take a stroll down ocean drive in vero, there are lots of cute shops and a few casual places for a snack or lunch, cravings is great little bakery and ice cream shop, the lemon tree is a cute little diner, with really good food. Gee, now I'm really hungry, wonder where dh is taking me tonight? :teeth: Oh and the dolphins, best bet is to take one the local boat tours, never see them close to the surf/shore. There is a place in vero by the water treatment plant actually where the water is warmer and people watch manatees there. Hope this helps, have a great trip.

Nick@ VB+OKW
02-14-2004, 08:14 AM
My princess Livy

Thanks for the tips on eating out at VB.http://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoticons4u/fingers/fing11.gif

PamOKW
02-14-2004, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by My princess Livy
Gee, now I'm really hungry

Me, too! Thanks for the great suggestions. Happy Valentine's Day! Hope you have a great time tonight.