PDA

View Full Version : Will my 2.5yo DS have fun at VB???

PaulaMurf
02-09-2004, 04:29 PM
Hi -

Just back from OKW (2br l/o rms 3610/3611) had a GREAT time. Now DH wants to try VB - probably for May or September - my DS is 2.5 now, loves to dig in the sand - how many days should we go to VB? What is there to do there? How is the drive from MCO?

TIA
Paula in CT

pirate:

floridafam
02-09-2004, 04:35 PM
IMO, a 2.5 yr old would love VB.

There is...
-pool
-pirate ship water play area
-mini golf
-crafts
-playing on the beach
-yummy kid's food-mickey ravioli, mickey pb&j, mickey waffles and pancakes.
-Disney movies in the area off the lobby

and much more.

We've been taking our kids there since they were very little. They have always loved it.
:D

PaulaMurf
02-09-2004, 04:40 PM
Cool, it sounds great. I am going to call and book now!

:hyper:

Paula in CT

pirate:

PS - I love my fedex guy too!

floridafam
02-09-2004, 05:00 PM
They also have "tot treasure hunts" in the playground area where the kids look for "gold coins". I'm not sure how old you have to be for this.

The first few times we went, our kids hardly did any activities. All we did was the pool and beach and we still felt that we didn't have enough time at the resort.

You can do as much or as little as you want at VB.

Each night they offer a different kid's dessert-my children like the worms and dirt and the cupcakes with gummy sharks on them.

My children also like to order room service at the resort while watching a Disney movie.

I LOVE VB! :sunny:

BeverlyJ
02-09-2004, 05:06 PM
Hi Paulamurf!

Just do it! We took DD to VB last May, she was 2 years 4 months. She loved it and still talks about it now! Things she loved:

Swimming, swimming and (you guessed) more swimming
Tots treasure hunt (with daddy)
Digging holes on the sand
Running around and having fun
Eating food served in a bucket with a spade!!
The tootie tot song around the camp fire
Making s'mores (we don't get those here in the UK)

I'm sure I missed loads, but we had a great 3 days there and could have stayed longer with no problems!

Enjoy :wave:

mousefansmom
02-09-2004, 05:18 PM
My 7yo ds has been to Disneyworld 3 times, Colorado twice, and to Sanibel Island once. Out of those vacation (all since age 3) he will still tell you that Sanibel was his favorite. I never expected that he would pick the beach over mickey mouse, but he did. We are probably going to Vero next year. I am sure your 2.5 yo will LOVE Vero!!! Have fun!!

Mousefansmom:sunny:

Nick@ VB+OKW
02-09-2004, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by PaulaMurf
How is the drive from MCO?

It is 96 miles from MCO to VB. It takes us about 1 hr and 20 minutes.::yes::