PDA

View Full Version : Have you bought DVC without an agent?


Cruelladeville
02-08-2004, 10:08 PM
I need help! I have been paying off DD's DVC for over a year. I want to pay off the whole thing, and have it transferred to my name. Since I am essentially buying a contract without an agent, how do I handle this? Once I have paid off the contract amount, does DD just call DVC administration, and tell them that the contract is being transferred to me, or is it more complicated than that? I need to know how to handle this. Thanks in advance--I have delayed doing this for many months because it seems so confusing! :confused:

GAIL HAYDEN
02-08-2004, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by Cruelladeville
I need help! I have been paying off DD's DVC for over a year. I want to pay off the whole thing, and have it transferred to my name. Since I am essentially buying a contract without an agent, how do I handle this? Once I have paid off the contract amount, does DD just call DVC administration, and tell them that the contract is being transferred to me, or is it more complicated than that? I need to know how to handle this. Thanks in advance--I have delayed doing this for many months because it seems so confusing! :confused:

You are going to have to file a quit claim deed for this transfer.
I would suggest you contact an attorney for this.

InstImpres
02-09-2004, 08:22 AM
Since it is from DD to you are you "buying it" or is it being "gifted"? Call MS accounting, you will go through an automated system re: changing deed and they will send you the paperwork.

Good luck
Sandy

dianeschlicht
02-09-2004, 08:44 AM
WE have a dear friend who is like a sister to me, and she wants to add me to her contract if I will alternate paying maintenance fees. How would that be done, and can it be done?

InstImpres
02-09-2004, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by dianeschlicht
WE have a dear friend who is like a sister to me, and she wants to add me to her contract if I will alternate paying maintenance fees. How would that be done, and can it be done?

Diane -

It depends on what your goal is as to how to accomplish it. If you want to make payments and be able to make ressies, all she has to do is make you an associate, a simple signed fax to MS does that.

If however, you want to be legally added to the property, you would follow steps just like a sale, but Disney will wave ROFR since one of the members is the same and just adding soemone to the interest.

Good luck
Sandy

dianeschlicht
02-09-2004, 09:09 AM
That's what I thought. What if one of us later decides we don't want it any more, what then happens to the contract. If one person later "buys out" the other, does it have to pass ROFR?

InstImpres
02-09-2004, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by dianeschlicht
That's what I thought. What if one of us later decides we don't want it any more, what then happens to the contract. If one person later "buys out" the other, does it have to pass ROFR?

I would think it would be handled the same as a divorce, if one party remains, they automatically sign off on ROFR.

JMHO
Sandy

dianeschlicht
02-09-2004, 10:14 AM
Thanks! That is the reason we haven't pursued this, because we didn't want to have to pass ROFR if one of us wanted out!