PDA

View Full Version : Fabulous 1st stay at VWL studio!

ptrbryant
02-08-2004, 06:03 PM
Got back late last week after 7 nts. at a studio at VWL and we LOVED it! Rented points from a fellow dis'er to see what DVC was all about. Our studio was a lock-off, corner unit which had a view of Bay Lake/woods on the patio side and a view of the quiet pool from the window on the other side (#4531). The studio felt noticeably larger than the rooms at WL for some reason. Housekeeping was immaculate and all the furnishings were in excellent order. I wanted to note to others wanting to try out a DVC, the studio was SIGNIFICANTLY more attractive than any photos on the internet lead me to hope for. Can't say how impressed we were! Across from our room was a wider-than-average door with a sign "Cast Members Only". I know it was probably a janitorial closet, but our DS was convinced it was Mickey's own room---large enough opening for his head to get through. The only downside to the trip was that both my DS and I have bad allergies and pollen seemed to be everywhere---coating our balcony, outdoor rails and tables, etc....along with a few cool, rainy days. DS had to use his inhaler every 4 hours and I'm still on anti-biotics for a sinus infection. BUT, VWL gets two enthuiastic thumbs up!!!
Karla B.:Pinkbounc

goofy4dvc
02-08-2004, 06:23 PM
Thank you for your post. Pictures NEVER do the real thing justice. We stayed in a studio at VWL a year ago in December and loved it.

Maistre Gracey
02-08-2004, 07:06 PM
Thanx for the report, ptrbryant.
I always enjoy hearing good things about DVC, and VWL in particular! :cool:

MG

MJTinNH
02-08-2004, 07:15 PM
Glad you had a wonderful DVC experience! Thank you for posting!:)

gopherit
02-09-2004, 12:45 AM
Glad you enjoyed it (despite the pollen -- gezundheit!)

Yes, those net photos are very FLAT... we are consistently (and pleasantly!) surprised every time we open the door of a villa because we have a flat net image in our minds. THe room always seems so much deeper and bigger than we imagined. I suppose in a way that's a perk... or maybe just a downside to web images. Either way, it works in your favor when you're at the villa!

Thanks for the post!

MiaSRN62
02-09-2004, 07:08 AM
Thanks for the report. Glad to hear you got the VIP room across from the "Mickey suite" ;)

Granny
02-09-2004, 08:44 AM
Very nice report....thanks for taking the time to post it! :)

Gail & Joe
02-09-2004, 02:35 PM
Glad to hear that you had a nice trip. We had our first visit home last December in a studio and had a great time. Can't wait to go back this year. Thanks for your report.

::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

ptrbryant
02-09-2004, 05:39 PM
Now, to start planning the next WDW trip....!

:tongue:

BWVDee
02-09-2004, 06:52 PM
Glad to hear you had a great trip. I agree the rooms at the resorts always are so much nicer then what they appear like in the pictures.
SO, did the DVC bug bite you to want to become a member?

Deemarch
02-09-2004, 07:34 PM
ptrbryant, thanks for the great review. I always love to hear someone praise the Studio...DH & I bought at DVC just to use Studios!!!

Glad you had such a good time.

::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo

ptrbryant
02-09-2004, 08:53 PM
Hmm, the DVC ownership bug hasn't bitten yet, but it's nibbling! The thing is, my DH and I are both 43, DS 8 and I'm not sure how many more years we'll do the annual WDW trip...I just must NOT let us stay in a 1 or 2 BR or else I'm sure we'd be signing papers!;-)
Karla B.:Pinkbounc

Deemarch
02-09-2004, 10:19 PM
hahahahaha...ptrbryant, DH & I are both 50! We did this for us for as long as we can manage!!!

When I die, I want my ashes to be carried around WDW...I still wanna go on the rides!

::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo