View Full Version : Q's on BWV waitlist
02-07-2004, 08:51 PM
We're waitlisted for both our 8-night vacation in May and our 5-nighter in Nov./Dec. In both cases, we wanted BWV--Boardwalk View, but had to settle for BWV--Garden/Pool View because just 1 or 2 nights of Boardwalk View were not available during our stay (true of both stays). So we booked the entire stay at the Garden/Pool View and then waitlisted for the Boardwalk View for the entire stay...
How likely is it our waitlist will come through? This is probably a dumb question, with an answer of "who knows?!" but thought I'd ask it anyway...
Would we have had a better chance of securing the Boardwalk View for the entire time if we had taken the Boardwalk View for the nights it was available and the Garden/Pool View just for the nights it wasn't, then waitlisted for Boardwalk View just for those 1 or 2 nights? Would there be a chance of literally having to move out of our room into another for those nights if Boardwalk View doesn't become available?
Thanks for your help!
Happy Birthday Cat
02-07-2004, 08:57 PM
I think you would have had a better chance of getting it by taking the Boardwalk view on the nights it was available and then waitlisting the others. But yes, it could end up with you having to move that way so maybe you made the right decision.
Since Boardwalk view has only been guaranteed for less than a year now, I don't know if anyone is really an expert at waitlisting for it. I have heard a couple of posters who were successful but I waitlisted once for it for my sister at about 2 1/2 months in advance and it never came through.
02-07-2004, 09:01 PM
This far in advance, I would have taken the BW views that were available and waitlisted (using autowaitlist) for the remaining dates. True, there is a risk that you will have to move, but with plenty of time, I'd take my chances with the waitlist- especially under the conditions described.
As it stands now, the entire time you want must become available at once or you won't get it. MS will not save individual days for your request- so unless all someone cancels all 8 nights your chances are limited at this time. It can still happen (I'm a greaat believer in the waitlist and have never been disappointed in my results using it), but I think you'll increase your chances greatly by accepting the dates already available and waiting for the few currently not available.
02-07-2004, 09:26 PM
I have to agree. I would have taken as many consecutive days as possible in the BW view, and waitlisted for the rest. 8 consecutive days is an awful long period of time that would have to come through on the waitlist. Even if there were only 1 or 2 days unavailable when you first called, there may be 3 or 4 unavailable even now.
If you could get 4 or more days in a row, either at the start or end of your trip, I'd personally take that now and roll the dice on the rest. Worst case, you're only having to switch rooms once during your stay.
02-07-2004, 10:57 PM
Agreed with others - I would have taken as many BW nights as I could get and then waitlisted
Having said that, personally I like the quiet pool and luna park pool views
02-11-2004, 08:25 PM
Live and learn, I guess! I totally understand what you're saying, and thought that might be the case. I think I will give a call to MS tomorrow and see how many days are still available, if any, for the Boardwalk view, to see if I can reserve at least the majority of the nights.
At a minimum, I now know what to do for the next time. Thanks everyone for taking the time to offer advice!
vBulletin® v3.8.4, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.