PDA

View Full Version : Dax's Journal

Pages : [1] 2

myhandd
02-05-2004, 01:09 AM
I chronicled quite a bit of this before when I signed for Wishes, but a brief overview...

All state baseball and basketball player in h.s., played college baseball, got a management job after college gained 130 pounds in 7 years. The usual, no daily exercise, 16 cokes per day, buffet at lunch and dinner etc...

Got a job with the phone company as a supervisor 3 years ago. They just passed a new policy that manager have to go to pole climbing school and to do that you must be under 275 lbs. I started myAtkins diet in April '03 at 330. I did great until Sept. '03 (got down to 294) when we came to WDW for a week and I fell off the wagon. Gained back to 311. In mid Dec. '03 they announced that if you could not lose the weight, you could find another job. I made my mind up on Dec. 20, 2003 that I was tired of being fat. As of Feb. 5, 2004 I am now 287.

Secret, Atkins, basketball one night a week and one hour of walking per day.

LAinSEA
02-05-2004, 01:22 AM
You are doing an awesome job so far becoming healthier. But it must have been quite threatening to be in fear for your job because of your size. You are a very strong guy for taking steps to change your life and sticking with your plan.

I'm on Atkins as well. If my DH (who loves to cook) wasn't planning and creating most of my meals I know that I couldn't stay on the program. Getting enough regular exercise is my biggest challenge - very difficult with my work schedule.

Keep up the great work - you'll be climbing poles in no time!

-Laurie

marsh0013
02-05-2004, 09:53 AM
hey dax, sounds like you've got a good plan set in place, and you're doing a great job already! your job sure should serve as a great motivating factor! and if you need extra support, be sure to come to the board, we will be here for you as well :). keep up the great work!

myhandd
02-05-2004, 10:30 PM
Thanks for the words of support guys! This is a great board and I am so glad to hear from others with the same opportunitties as me.

You know what is so great about the Atkins diet is that I absolutely know every meal what I can and can't eat and I don't even have to think about it. That has always been my failing in the past, if I didn't have options I fell off the wagon.

I often joked that I was the healthiest 300 pound person in the world. I still have a pretty athletic build. Most people would say, "You don't weight 330" The wake up call was when I went to Talledega to the 500 mile race a couple of years ago and we had to walk probably 3-4 miles to and from our parking spot. I felt like I was lugging a dead body around with me. My once athletic calves cried in agony.

When I started my walking I could not go 30 minutes without severe calf pain. I am now up to a brisk one hour walk pain free. I simply had to drive through the pain and force myself to go everyday. The last two weeks at church basketball I hit 8 three pointers in one game and played good defense. I am very active on the court again and it is wonderful!!

I would encourage anyone who needs to lose weight ofr their healths sake to do it now!!! Go on Atkins and stick with it at least a month, losing the weight becomes addictive. Believe it or not I can't wait to get on the scale in the morning. It is great!!!

myhandd
02-07-2004, 01:36 AM
Well my lil brother turned 28 today and we went to Ryan's in Murray, KY (The nicest Ryan's I have ever seen!) to celebrate his bday. I was able to stick to the sirloin steak and sausages and of course lots of water. I got my one hour walk in at lunch time today. Only problem, I think that I have a major bruise on the heel of my right foot. I looked it up on the net and it has a big name (plantar facitis, i know its not spelled correctly lol) ANy way i've bought pads for my heel to try to ease the discomfort but it is not going to stop the walking or the bball on Monday nights.

I am looking so forward to getting the newest 5 lb award.only 4 more to go!

DavidandDenise
02-09-2004, 03:47 PM
I don't really have time to chat now, but I just had to post real quick and tell you that I love your attitude! Keep up the great work! I'll stop by sometime when I have more time. TTYL. :)

myhandd
03-04-2004, 11:08 PM
Haven't checked in for a while, but I have great news...I have lost even more weight!!!!:bounce:

AS of today 03/04/2004, i have now lost 52 lbs and 19 since I joined WISH.

I am currently at 278, only 3 from my short term goal of 275 for my jobs sake!

I had to go through some training today on backing a truck with a trailer on the back and I met the instructor from Nashville who will conduct my pole climbing class. He advised that I try to get to 270 before I go to Nashville for class as my boots will weigh 2 or 3 lbs. and if I tip the scales over 275 they have to leave training. So alas, a new short term goal, 270! Another month and I will have it!!

Thanks so much for the words of encouragement, as all of you know, losing weight is a major commitment. You really need support. My wife has been tremendous (boiling all those eggs!).

My word to anyone out there is just to take it one day at a time. As good as food tastes, praise from your family and friends is so heart warming.

Till next time..with apologies to Buzz Lightyear, "To 270...and beyond!"

DoeWDW
03-05-2004, 10:28 AM
Dax, glad you checked in....and with such great news!! You're doing it!! You're getting healthier!!

How's your heel pain? Plantar fascitis (sp?) can be nasty to get rid of!!

It's great that you got to talk to your future pole-climbing instructor! It's also great that he gave you that heads-up about the boots! Now when you go for that pole-climbing training, you'll be able to go with confidence!

Keep up the good work to go down, down, down, Dax!! :sunny:

myhandd
03-05-2004, 11:58 PM
Hey Doe,

Thanks for the encouragement, the heel is still quite painful, mostly in the morning when I wake up and later in the evening. It is so funny because at lunchtime when I walk, it really does not give me any trouble.

Last weekend my wife and I went down to Baton Rouge to see my Kentucky Wildcats play LSU in Basketball. My wife's friend's fiance is a trainer for LSU Football and he gave me some stretches to do and icing strategies so with a little luck...

Question, does anyone else have trouble getting a consistent weight with different scales, I have 3 scales that I constantly weigh on and I vary up to 7 lbs. I guess my real question is, how reliable are the old doctors move the blocks scales... I assume much better than bathroom scales... and do you have to recalibrate the dr's scales very often or do they pretty much stay true?

Later!

marsh0013
03-06-2004, 03:28 PM
oh man, every scale i step on seems to be different! i think the best way to do it is just to pick one and stick to the weight on that one. at least it will be accurate as to how much you've lost. and then just don't worry about what other scales say. because you know your "true" weight.

i'm so happy for you, only 3 pounds from your first goal!!! :bounce: how exciting! can't wait till you check in and tell us you've made that initial goal, and you're moving on to your next one :)

keep up the great work, you'll be there in no time :hyper:

myhandd
03-06-2004, 03:46 PM
Thanks Marsh,

So you are going to run the Disney Half Marathon...How long did it take you to get yourself up to the distance?

Later!

marsh0013
03-06-2004, 06:23 PM
hey dax, yeah, i'll be running the half. hehe, but i'm not at that long distance yet! to date, my longest run has been 6.25 miles. i won't start really upping the miles till later in the year. but how long did it take me to get that far? well, that's a complicated answer. this time around, i started running back in november i think. but i started doing about 2 miles at a time. see, i have a history in running, so i could just start out at 2 miles. i used to run in high school, and there was a time during college when i was running 4 miles a day, 5-6 times a week. so yeah, i kinda had a "base" to start with. but i don't run 6 miles every day. i'm on a schedule that varies each day. my short runs are 3-4 miles, and my long run right now is about 6.

ok, that was a pretty long and complicated answer for a simple question, i tend to do that...hehe :p

myhandd
03-07-2004, 10:19 PM
Well I had a really good weekend, I got to walk on Saturday for an hour and a half on Saturday, and for 45 minutes on Sunday. I am anxious to weigh again because several folks at church have commented that I look thinner! Doesn't that make you feel grrrrreaaaattt when someone tells you that!?!?!

I am 32 and I did something today that I haven't done since I was probably 12, fly a kite!

My wife bought a frog kite at one of the Discovery Stores in Baton Rouge last weekend and we had quite a blustery March day in West Ky....Our 3 year old son wanted to see it..It was really a blast. My wife could never get the hang of it, but I thought it was great.

I'll report back the next time I weigh... Til then

Later!

DoeWDW
03-08-2004, 11:29 AM
Dax, flying a kite is great fun!! You've reminded me about the kite we have - I'll have to get it out!! I bet your 3 yr old son had one of those big smiles with sparkly eyes that toddlers get - so cute!!

People are starting to notice your weight loss - how cool is that!? Sometimes that's the best motivation to stick with it!

I'm actually walking the half marathon at Disney. I thought about running it, but my knees don't seem to appreciate the stress. :rolleyes: You have to keep a 16 minute mile pace and I can comfortably walk a 15 minute mile pace. The longest I've walked in a day was 11 miles but that wasn't anywhere near race pace. I've done about 6 miles at race pace and could have walked more but had to stop.

Keep up the great work, Dax!! Onward and downward! :sunny:

myhandd
03-11-2004, 12:19 AM
Thanks for the info and encouragement Doe!

Well the latest in the Dax weight loss saga....

I received a fax from Concord out of Pennsylvania telling me that I have until April 20th to be down to 275. The part that is really great about this is that we had to report our weight at the end of Jan. and I was 287 which is 12 lbs over 275. Apparently they just this week got to looking at the paper work and decided we could lose 2 lbs per week. So they figured 2 lbs per week, 6 weeks I should be there. Well I obviously had continued to diet, and I am at 278 and only lack 3 lbs to hit the goal and best of all keep my job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:Pinkbounc

So basically I have till April 20 to lose about 3-5 lbs.(depending on the scale ....see earlier post lol)

I feel really good about the way this is all going. I played basketball Monday night, got my hour walking in Tues. and Today so I really hope to be at 275 by the end of next week! Cross your fingers!!!

Well gotta run!

Later!

marsh0013
03-11-2004, 11:10 AM
hey dax, congrats on being able to keep your job (i'm assuming you'll make it those 3 more pounds...i have no doubt about it though :)). that's really good of them to decide that 2 lb/week is acceptable though, because for some people, that's all they can do and still do it healthy. but you're just flying along having even bigger losses...wahoo!! :bounce:

i'm crossing my fingers for you, good luck :hyper:

Desiree
03-11-2004, 11:19 AM
Hey Dax sounds like you're doing great with your Atkins and your workout plan!

Next time your in Baton Rouge, maybe we can have a WISH/DIS mini meet!

That LSU/Ky game sure was a heartbreaker!

DoeWDW
03-11-2004, 02:38 PM
Hey, Dax, do you have a reward planned for yourself when you hit 275?? I know you want to go a bit lower, so maybe you should save the big reward until you hit 272?

I'm happy things are going so well for you! You sound so positive and upbeat - I have no doubt that you WILL make your goal!!

Keep it goin', Dax!! :sunny:

myhandd
03-13-2004, 02:16 AM
Hey guys...

As always thanks again for the encouragement! I do have a little reward for when I hit 270, I plan on having the biggest steak I can find and the best part is...it is still on the diet.

I made a decision that for budget reasons that I would try to do the low budget version of Atkins. As many of you probably know if you eat steak every meal it can really make the grocery bill skyrocket.

My typical day includes boiled eggs and bacon for breakfast with a Diet Sprite.

Lots of water between breakfast and lunch.

Lunch is usually a 5 pack of 1 carb hot dogs microwaved.

Walking for an hour

Lots of water before going home

Supper is usually 3 or 4 eggs sunny side up or 3 or 4 hamburger patties with cheese and ranch dressing and a salad.

It has worked so far so I'll keep on chugging along. The great part about it all is that I don't feel deprived.

Note to Miss LSU, you can just about count on us being back in two years when Kentucky comes back for basketball again. We may even try to sneak down and catch a Tiger football game.

As always.....

Later!

Desiree
03-13-2004, 09:47 AM
Sweet! You ain't seen nothing like an LSU tailgating party! All the seafood (and beer) you want. I will try to stay away from the jambalaya since it's not good for you with all the rice. But the seafood should be good!

You are doing GREAT! You will reach that 270! Sounds like you are really doing wonderfully on the exercise and eating. Keep up the good work!!!

marsh0013
03-14-2004, 11:31 AM
hey dax, that great big steak sounds like a wonderful reward for when you make it to 270. and how great that it's on plan! i know it's not usually a good idea to use food as a reward, but i think this one works for you, since it really is on plan, and the reason you don't have it often is because of monetary reasons. so good for you :)

keep up the great work :bounce:

myhandd
03-16-2004, 10:12 PM
Well guys, been gone a few days but I am back!!! I have a meeting in Paducah, KY tommorrow and I am going to hop on the old scale and if I am 275 I will grab my supervisor and have him make a record of it. I really think I will be. Anyway, I have till April 20th but I am way ready to get the monkey off of my back.

I do have to add however that this weight restriction is probably the thing that may have saved my health...Because staying gainfully employed is high on my list of activities if you know what i am saying! haha

Got to play basketball Monday night, it is amazing what 50+ lbs. off your body will do for your quickness and agility.

Atkins is still going well. I know that Atkins is not for everyone but I don't even feel as if I am on a "diet". I literally do not want for food, I am able to sufficiently satisfy my hunger, do not feel deprived it is really one of the best things I have ever done!

Well I'll get back on tommorrow and give you guys the news...good or bad. But hey even the bad news could only be that I am a pound or two over.

P.S. I got a new 20 lb. emblem today!!!!!

"Wish" me luck!

As always,

Later!

Desiree
03-17-2004, 08:27 AM
Woohoo! That 20 lb clippie sure looks great! I'm sure you're going to be at your mark of 275 and then you can say that you did it! You accomplished your main goal but you've accomplished so much more! You're on the road to becoming healthy again!

marsh0013
03-17-2004, 11:29 AM
good luck with your weigh in!! i hope that you've made it, but like you said, even if not yet, you've still lost so much already, and you'll be there before you know it!

and that new 20 pound clippie looks fabulous on you :smooth:

have a great day :sunny:

myhandd
03-20-2004, 07:14 PM
Well folks, I can't talk long, but grrrreeeeaaaaatttt news!!!!! I hit the 275 mark!!

So it looks like I will stay employed. Now on to the next goal of 270 so that I have some fudge room for climbing school. I don't know if I told you , but we have to weigh with our climbing boots on so I need to get a little clearance from the 275 mark.

I have inlaws over so I gotta go, but I will get back on later and give you all the juicy details!As always ,

Later!

DavidandDenise
03-21-2004, 09:36 AM
Congrats, Dax! You are doing so well! And, since you have until April 20th, you have plenty of room to play with and get to 270 and below! Keep up the great work! Take care of you! :sunny:

marsh0013
03-21-2004, 06:06 PM
congrats dax, that is such great news :bounce:

myhandd
03-24-2004, 10:23 PM
Oh my gosh! I have just been through a horrible nightmare.

I somehow contracted several computer viruses and my computer was kaput for the last 2 days. I couldn't get it to do anything. I finally had to put the recovery CD in and reinstall everything. I appear to be able to function again! I starting having withdrawals from the board!

Well I gotta run and reinstall the world so talk to you later!

Dax

Desiree
03-25-2004, 09:38 AM
Oh man... I'm so sorry to hear about your PC! Viruses suck! I do need to update my virus notifications, now that you mention it!

Hope you can get everything up and running again.

myhandd
03-28-2004, 04:21 PM
Well I am finally back in the swing again with my computer.

The diet is going pretty well. I have only cheated once since Dec. 20, 2003. Total weight loss is now 56!

I had 24 hour callout duty last week and it really stunk! I have had weeks where I may only receive 1 or 2 calls after hours for the week, not this week....I got like 30 calls of which about 15 were after midnight. Anyway the extra pay is worth some aggravation.

Well, I got to play basketball last Monday, only problem was that DW had me moving my computer room from 2nd floor to basement in anticipation of the new baby in June. I bet I climbed both sets of stairs 50 times. I know what most of you are thinking...great workout! It was except for the fact that my knee swelled and got sore, I was not my typical McDonald's All American self...(yes I am grinning). Any way it is now Sunday and I think the knee is feeling better, I have been icing it every night. I have been able to push through the discomfort and get my hours walk in. Every day the pain seemed to lessen and now there is no discomfort.

I have stuck to Atkins faithfully, even at my birthday dinner with my family at Ryan's in Murray, KY. (I know we need more restaurants in Western KY). I had the all you can eat bar featuring sirloin steak off the grill. It was nice, I was able to stick to steak, sausages, broiled chicken, broccoli and cheese and green beans. Be honest, what is wrong with that diet?!?!?!?

Oh, I just turned 33 (In case you were wondering).

Also, DW rewarded me making the 275 mark with a huge ribeye steak (she is so great!).

As always,

Later,

Dax

DoeWDW
03-28-2004, 10:46 PM
Dax, your life sounds like a slice of heaven these days!! Let's see, you made your 275 goal, you're sporting a very cool 20 pound clippie, you're thrilled with the food you're eating, you're expecting a new addition to the family in June, your wife rewards you with steak!!! Does it get any better???? :sunny:

You sound so upbeat and positive! I'm sure you'll be at 270 in no time at all. Then you can go to climbing school and get that out of the way. You should be very proud of you!!!! ::yes::

I hope you have a wonderful week, Dax!!! :sunny:

Desiree
03-29-2004, 08:35 AM
CONGRATS TO YOU AND YOUR WIFE!!!!

56 pounds gone forever!!!! That's like a 6 year old! Hahaha You are doing so great! Keep up the good work!

All that extra work isn't so bad. Think of all the money you can save to put towards buying new clothes!! :)

Hope you guys have a great week. You have alot to celebrate for this year's birthday! We're rootin for ya down here on the bayou!

Hope that knee heals up nicely!

luvmy2sams
03-29-2004, 03:13 PM
Hi Dax! :wave:

I just read through your journal. Positively amazing job! I guess there's not much better motivation than unemployment, is there? Couple that with a new baby, and you were destined for success.

Congratulations on your accomplishments! You're an inspiration! ::yes::

~Angela :wave2:

myhandd
03-29-2004, 06:48 PM
Well well....

I got down to 272 lbs (58 total and 39 since Dec. 20, 2003 for those of you keeping score at home lol) and I decided to reward myself with a one meal celebration....Chinese buffet! I have to say it was good, but I could not even eat a tremendous amount because of a couple of reasons...One, I kept thinking "I'll have to lose this weight again" and two my darn stomach had shrunk and I couldn't stuff myself...oh well it was good!

Back on Atkins tonight. I do have to play basketball tonight so hopefully I can work off the extra carbs.

Thanks for the encouragement Sams! I enjoyed reading your posts...I'll check in on them regularly now.

Desiree: Thanks for the encouragement on the knee...tonight is the big test!!

Doe: Good to hear from you again! Thanks for the upbeat note!

Till then...

Later,

Dax

gadizlover
03-29-2004, 11:16 PM
Hi Dax-

Thanks for posting to my journal. Funny thing, yours was one of the ones I read when I was trying to figure out what this was all about (oh and get the nerve to post myself!)

I see you are now down to the "plus boots" weight. Way to go! I can't imagine what pressure that must have been, but you came thru like a champ!

Keep up the great work and I look forward to more good news!

toystoryduo
03-29-2004, 11:18 PM
Hi Dax!
I just got through reading your journal and you are doing a great job!::yes:: I am a former athlete too (gymnast) who had 100 pounds sneak up on me after my two DDs were born. I finally decided in January that enough was enough and I have been exercising since.

You are doing a great job! You have a new 20lb. clippie:cool1: , you have met your weight goal, you are exercising, and you and your DW are expecting a baby in June. CONGRATULATIONS!!:jumping1: You should be proud of all that you have accomplished!::yes::

Keep on keeping on, Dax! You are doing a great job!!!

Tracy:wave2:

P.S. Hope that knee starts feeling better soon....

marsh0013
03-30-2004, 12:12 PM
hey dax, i haven't been by in a while, and i've just gotten a chance to get caught up with your journal :bounce:

you are down to 272! :bounce: congratulations! keep that weight coming off! glad you enjoyed your chinese buffet! it really is hard to eat a lot since you've trained your body so well to eat less and differently. this is a very good thing :Pinkbounc

hope you have a great day :sunny:

myhandd
04-01-2004, 12:30 AM
Ok.....you guys have made me say it.........I cheated this evening!!!!!!!!

My dw and ds and I went to the Ringling Bros. and Barnum and Bailey circus and my dw sent me for popcorn for ds and I ate some. I have to admit it...it was terrible. I am really bummed that I cheated and the food was so bad. I should at least eat something great.

Oh well, back on Mr. Atkins diet tommorrow.

I all seriousness, I actually had a pretty good day. My intake foe today was:

B: 4 boiled eggs and water
L: Hardees Atkins chicken sandwich (no bread of course
S: Same as lunch
S + 2hours: Lousy popcorn.

Not all bad huh?

Well the cheating is out of my system, I figured I was owed it after the last 3 1/2 months of nearly no cheats at all (except for once or twice)

So, the moral to the story...we are human and if you are gonna cheat....make it something good!!:teeth:

Later,

Dax

Desiree
04-01-2004, 08:40 AM
Amen there! :) At least it wasn't good so you didn't gorge on it! Hey and we're only human, it's ok to cheat every once in a blue moon!

Did ya'll have fun at the circus? Clowns creep me out! :eek: Have a good rest of the week! :wave2:

Des

marsh0013
04-01-2004, 10:57 AM
hey dax, i definitely agree that if you're gonna cheat, make it a good one! seems silly to waste a cheat on something you really aren't going ot enjoy! but live and learn i guess :tongue:

the rest of your day looked absolutely fine, i'm sure that little bit of popcorn won't affect you too bad. good for you for getting right back on plan. hope you had fun at the circus! :bounce:

toystoryduo
04-01-2004, 11:30 AM
The circus sounds like a lot of fun! When both of my DDs were born, we got a free circus ticket for each of them from Ringling Brothers. We haven't used them yet, but may look to do so in the future.

I like what you said about the cheat... if you're gonna have a cheat, make it a good one! ::yes:: So, you had some popcorn yesterday... that's okay. The rest of your day looked fine and you are ready to get back OP today. Today is a new day!:bounce:

Have a great day!

Tracy

myhandd
04-01-2004, 07:33 PM
Lets talk....

Am I the only overweight man on these boards? At times, I feel as if I have been let into some private women's bunco group and I am getting to find out all the things that we men miss out on with you guys!::yes::

And as for you, Desiree, I really don't need to know about TOM...if you know what I mean! (Just kidding!) There are some things guys just don't wanna know:sunny: .

Ok, I am about to let you in on a secret about the phone co. Please don't tell anyone this, it is confidential. Do you ever wonder why sometimes we miss appointments to your house? Because we have computer systems that will send our repairmen on tickets due tommorrow before we fix yours due today! Can you tell it was not a great day?!?!?!

Back to weight issues... I refused to weigh today due to my popcorn binge yesterday. I am going to give the kernals a few days to get out of my system!

Well, I gotta run, I have to watch the latest episode of Survivor.

So gals, thanks for letting me in your clique!

Sincerely,

The only overweight man in America!

Later,

Dax

Desiree
04-02-2004, 09:19 AM
Yes, I agree that is probably TMI!!

Sorry you had a rough day yesterday. But glad to see you are back on track. Hopefully that popcorn didn't do too much damage!

Have a great weekend!

luvmy2sams
04-02-2004, 10:53 AM
Oh Dax your posts always make me laugh. :rotfl: Your wife will be mighty impressed with all your new insights into women. Just have caution when reading our posts because certain subjects (TOM :scared: ) do come up regularly. :rotfl:

At least you made it 3 1/2 monthss before cheating. I think I only lasted 3 weeks.

Have a good weekend!

DoeWDW
04-02-2004, 01:42 PM
Poor Dax!! :(

Have you watched Mel Gibson in "What Women Want" - maybe now would be a good time to rent it..... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Seriously, I'm happy that you're here! Men approach weight loss differently than women, and it's great to see that perspective here.

I'm also guilty of posting "girl-stuff" in my journal, but when your weight can vary by 3-6 pounds over the course of a week....well, ya know we're gonna need to vent about that! ::yes::

Anyway, I'm sure you're NOT the only man around here! The other ones are just too CHICKEN to post so they LURK!! I admire you for having the guts to post!! Maybe you'll start a trend and more guys will join in! :D

Way to go with knowing when NOT to weigh - that scale will be happy to wait until you've been back on plan for a couple days.

Hope you have a great weekend, Dax!! :sunny:

myhandd
04-02-2004, 09:43 PM
Well we all need a laugh every now and then...

Desiree you are a great sport, thanks for letting me pick on you a little:wave: !

I will be back when I get a few minutes...

Later,

Dax

myhandd
04-03-2004, 02:20 AM
Alright,

It's 1 am and I can't sleep.

Recap of the diet today:

B: Bacon and a Diet Sprite

L: Buffet at Majestic Steak House in Princeton, KY (Funny story about that place later) Roast beef, chicken, green beans, pork chops (Don't you non Atkins people hate me!:hyper: )

S: 2 hamburger patties and two small ribeye steaks with a small salad (I really love to rub the Atkins diet in at times:hyper: !)

The steak place mentioned above is a small chain owned by Greek immigrants. I know of two in my area. Anyway I find it odd that unless you knew they were Greek, you would never guess by the menu. Steak, chicken, green beans etc... I find that hilarious. One of my favorite restaurants in Tupelo, MS where I used to live was a place named Vanelli's which was owned by Greeks and they had the whole gamut of Greek/Italian. Anyway, maybe I am the only one who finds it odd. (As I ramble on and on at again 1 am)

I got my water in but I did not do any exercising other than rasslin with my DS (3 years old). And for those of you who live elsewhere, in KY its rasslin round heah. (Apparently I am wired up) May have been the Diet Mountain DEW Code Reds. Have you tried them? They are fantastic and no carbs. They are really great!!!

I had a great week in that I got to help a woman I work with plan her Disney World vacation and it starts tommorrow for them. I offered to go along and chaperone her granddaughter and gd's friend, but alas I am still in ole Kaintuck' Territory at this moment.

Well, I guess I'll try to get some shuteye before the great Easter Egg hunt tommorrow. I've been psyching the 3 year old up about it and sharing hints and strategies with him (For example, if the egg isn't in the other person's basket its fair game and the don't push...just nudge kids outta the way is ok move) (I AM JUST KIDDING...PLEASE NO HATE MAIL, I AM NOT RAISING GENGHIS KHAN!!!)

DOE: I need to see the Gibson movie, I saw the previews but never caught it.

ANGELA: I will definitely try to screen the posts I read...maybe my wife should read them first...I am sure she wouldn't mind LOL!

Till Later,

The only man on the DIS WISH BOARD,

Dax

Desiree
04-03-2004, 09:18 AM
Ooh easter egg hunts are always so fun! And your DS is the perfect age to enjoy them! I hope y'all have a good time!

I dont mind being picked on so much! ;) I always seem to get it here at home, so why not over the internet for millions to see! LOL :crazy:

You meal selections sound absolutely divine and you're making me hungry!!! I'm so glad to see that you've found a plan that is working so well for you!

Anyhoo, have a great day today!

gadizlover
04-03-2004, 10:02 PM
Hey Dax!

Hope you had a great day at the Easter Hunt! Kids that age are so fun to watch. Half of them have no idea why they are there- parents all yelling to their kids- get the egg, get the egg, and there is sure to be one child standing in the middle of the hunt crying for their parents :p

I'm gonna spend the week training myself not to bite the ears off the chocolate bunnies Easter morning. (Easter bunny & I may have to have a talk about reducing the candy in the baskets ;) )

And oh yeah, thanks for bragging about Atkins to this poor Weight watchers girl! :teeth: Actually I think its great there are so many different ways to successfully lose weight- I'm glad you found one that works for you!

Have a great one-

myhandd
04-04-2004, 03:37 PM
Well the egg hunting went quite nicely. My DS was able to get quite a few eggs. He was in the 1-3 age bracket and being 3 he was able to clean up nicely. (Even without following my coaching regarding pushing, stealing etc...He must take after his mother!)

B: Nothing, I know but I had trouble getting up early!
L: 4 sausages and a diet coke (only choice of drink at the EEH)
S: Chicken wings (while I watched the Wildcatless Final Four)

Got to walk an hour.

I have to tell you guys about a celebration my town has...It is called...are you ready (drum roll please) TATER DAY!

It is held in Benton, KY and has been going on for like 140 yrs. Let me tell you, it is redneck heaven. Parades, rides and they have it around the court square. One thing I find humorous is that there are no TATERS to be found anywhere! Apparently at one time sweet potatoes were big in this county, but they are not around anymore. It is a big deal here, all the kids get the day off from school, all the surrounding counties kids play hooky. So if you are passing through you might want to check it out. I can hardly go to church in town though because the vendors are already set up selling funnel cakes (a weakness of mine). The smell is killing me!

Later,

Dax

toystoryduo
04-04-2004, 10:31 PM
Hey Dax,
Sounds like the Easter Egg Hunt went well for your DS. My DDs participated in one today that involved money and they came home with about $4.00 in change today. Not too bad for 5 minutes worth of work...

It's funny because we celebrated Easter w/ my grandmother today and I ate like crazy. When I reached for my 6th cookie,:rolleyes: I remembered what you said last week about the cheat. If you're gonna cheat... make it worthwhile... and I did. However, I think that I will pay for it tomorrow.:(

Tater Day sounds like a lot of fun! Where I live, we have the annual Twins Days Festival and traffic in town is disrupted for the entire weekend. We generally have between 2000 and 3000 sets of twins, their family members, television crews, local residents, and vendors in attendance. Talk about seeing double.... :) :)

Have a good one!

Tracy

marsh0013
04-05-2004, 03:11 PM
oh goodness dax, i've just gotten caught up on your journal, and at so many points i was seriously laughing out loud over here :laughing:

from being the only guy surrounded by girls, to the greek restaurant, "coaching" ds, tater day, oh my, and who knows what else i'm forgetting!!! :rotfl:

i'm glad we have you around here, most definitley ::yes::

okay, so on to serious business! you're doing a great job sticking to atkins! and don't feel bad about "rubbing it in our faces". it works for you! that's great! you're just keeping yourself accountable, and how wonderful that it's something that you love so much :bounce:

alright, enough out of me. hope you have a great day :sunny:

luvmy2sams
04-05-2004, 05:09 PM

So I get on the internet to drown my sorrows and try to forget the horrible Final Four, and what do I find? Mention of it in your post, of course. If one more person tells me that "at least the Cowboys made it that far" I think I'll belt 'em one! :p Anyway...

The Easter egg hunt sounded like lots of fun. We're gearing up for one of our own on Thursday, and I'm already dreading the carnage.

You're doing a great job with Atkins. Count me as another WW girl who drooled at some of your posts!

Have a good one!

myhandd
04-05-2004, 08:04 PM
Sams: I didn't know you were an OSU Fan. Tell you a quick story about Eddie Sutton...when he first came to Kentucky to be the coach here, a wealthy alumnus said, "He can't coach here, we like our coaches hair the same way we like our Kentucky bourbon...straight!" Anyway, you guys had a great year, but I know what you mean about the disappointment, if Kentucky doesn't win it, the state goes into a depression almost.

Tracey: I think I have heard or seen about the twins on tv before.

Marsh: Thanks for the applause, I shoulda been in standup huh?!?!?

Oh well, I gotta run, but I'll check back in after basketball tonight!

The only overweight man in American!

LAter,

Dax

myhandd
04-06-2004, 01:01 AM
OK folks,

TATER Day has officially come and gone and as I write this, I am just plain TATERED OUT!:faint:

Well I got to play basketball tonight. Not super enjoyable. We only had 10 players and one of them decided he would just get mad 'cause he couldn't hit any shots and took himself out. Then we had only 9 and for those of you who know the game, 9 doesn't work. So someone else had to sit out and make it 8. Does this man not realize that I could care less about the game...I am there to sweat!:scared:

B: 5 boiled eggs
L: 5 nuked hot dogs
S: 2 small ribeye steaks and 3 hamburger patties with a small salad and ranch dressing.

Did anyone happen to read the internet news article about how most people who go on Low Carb diets are getting more carbs than they think? My boss is one of them. He decided Fri. that he had to lose 20 lbs. This morning he told me that he did pretty well. He only ate one roll this weekend at a restaurant. Also, he had a potato soup and a piece of chocolate cake! All since Friday. I bit my tongue because after all, he decides how much raise I get next year! I tried to fill him in on Atkins, but he thinks he'll do a quasi-Atkins, South Beach, Hershey chocolate coca cola diet.

My goal on Atkins each day is to stay under 20g carbs. Which really hasn't been that hard.

I hope everyone can follow my new code (TOFGIA) I got really tired of typing "The only fat guy in America" so I went with the abbreviation!

Till Later,

TOFGIA!

Dax

Desiree
04-06-2004, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by myhandd

he'll do a quasi-Atkins, South Beach, Hershey chocolate coca cola diet.

Hey now that's my kind of diet!!!! LOL Tater day sounds like alot of fun. We have waaaaaaaaaaaay too many festivals down here. There always something bad tempting me. I guess that's why alot of Louisianians are overweight too! Anyhoo you are doing a great job! And I dont think you're the only guy here, I've seen a couple posters of the male persuasion!

I would love to get on a basketball team down here. That would be alot of fun! And softball too, but I think I'll wait a bit until I've lost some more weight.

luvmy2sams
04-06-2004, 10:12 AM

Super huge OSU fan would probably be an understatement when describing me. You'd never be able to tell that by my signature, though, so I guess I should fix that soon. OSU's in my blood...grandpa ran track there in the late 40's/early 50's, both uncles graduated from there....I had no choice. :p Thanks for the story about Coach Sutton. He's a great man, and I think I wanted this tourney for him as much as I wanted it for the school. A friend and I used to have doughnuts with him every morning at a little off-campus shop. I can't say enough nice things about him. Anyway...

Sorry that your ball game was such a pain in the you know where. There's nothing like just wanting to play and then having to deal with a pouter. Hope you were able to get some sort of a workout in despite the hassles.

Let me know how your boss's diet goes. I would love to try it if he's successful. :rolleyes:

Have a good one!

DoeWDW
04-07-2004, 02:55 PM
Dax, I'll also be wondering about the success of your boss' diet - if he makes it work, he can write a book and be RICH! :p Just tell him no sugar and nothing made with white flour! For most Americans, just giving up those 2 things would make a huge difference! ::yes:: Now, if only I could live by that rule!! :teeth: That leaves out pizza & chocolate! :eek: :p

I hope you're having a great Wednesday! :sunny:

myhandd
04-07-2004, 07:56 PM
Well I am going to send the boss my Atkins book and let him check it out for himself. After speaking with him today, I believe he is leaning more toward South Beach. I can honestly say that I don't know much about it. If someone could post and kinda tell me the differences between Atkins and South Beach I would really appreciate it!

Well I didn't get my walking in today. I am really bummed about that.

B: 5 hot dogs (I boiled the eggs last night and forgot about thema and DW wouldn't let me take them and we had run slap out of eggs! A little salmonella never killed anyone...did it?!?!?)

L: Buffet at Majestic Steak House (yea the Greek owned one) Baked chicken, green beans and pulled ham.

S: 5 hamburger patties small salad with ranch.

Well gotta run!

TOFGIA!

Later!

Dax

DoeWDW
04-08-2004, 04:08 PM
Both plans (Atkins & South Beach) strive for about the same amount of protein per day. The rest of the calories then come from fat and carbs - here's where the plans differ. Atkins stresses lower carbs and a higher amount of fat, where South Beach allows a little more in the way of "good" carbs (whole grains, fruits, higher carb veggies) and asks you to be careful about the amount and type of fat you eat.

I hope that helps but if you have more questions, I'd be happy to answer them.

I've noticed 2 other guys who have journals! I posted to both of their journals and told them to stop into your journal - just to prove you aren't the ONLY guy here on the WISH journal board! Their user names are solotraveler and stego!

Have a great Thursday, Dax!! :sunny:

myhandd
04-08-2004, 11:43 PM
Doe,

Just when a guy finds his niche on the WISH board, you gotta go and find more guys!:mad:

Just kidding, I was really enjoying the notoriety of my little sign off (TOFGIA) but I am sure I will find something else to make myself stand out...Hey maybe I could be like the Star Trek Voyager character, you know 7 of 9, only I could be 1 of 3!! What do you think? (More useless trivia for you, the actress who played 7 on Voyager graduated from High School in my hometown, Paducah, KY)

Anyway, everything is going well, I haven't weighed for a week, I thought I would chill and see how that would go, you guys know how maddening it is for me to compare weight on all the different scales!

Well, I think I will check in on the other folks journals...

Til Later,

1 of 3 signing out!

Dax

DoeWDW
04-09-2004, 08:01 AM
Sorry, Dax! :( Didn't mean to burst your bubble - just thought you might appreciate some TOM-free "guy talk" around here. :crazy:

Besides, I like "1 of 3" better, because you can use it for a lot longer. If you hang around here and keep exercising & eating healthy you won't be "TOFGIA" for long! ::yes:: You've gotta stop thinking of yourself as fat! You may be carrying a little extra weight at the moment but that's only a temporary thing - it isn't "who you are".

OK, enough philosophy for this early in the morning! :p Have a great Friday! :sunny:

toystoryduo
04-09-2004, 09:55 AM
Hey Dax,
I like that 1 out of 3 title too. Your posts always make me laugh. Thanks!::yes::

Sounds like you're still on track and doing a great job! Keep up the good work!

Have a great Friday,

toystoryduo
04-09-2004, 11:02 AM
Hey Dax,
I was just thinking ( :eek: uh oh ) ... with your new title.......... 1 of 3... will you have to change it to 1 of 4 when your baby arrives in June? Hmmmm....:scratchin Just wondering??!!:duck: ;)

Have a great Friday!

Tracy:teeth: :wave2:

luvmy2sams
04-11-2004, 05:23 PM
Happy Easter Dax! :wave:

Hope that you're having a relaxing weekend. Enjoy that vacation from the scales! I'm going to miss TOFGIA signature, though the 1 of 3 is pretty catchy, too. :)

Desiree
04-12-2004, 08:58 AM
LOL Oh man you're not a Star Trek geek too? I'm surrounded!!! I swear!

Seriously, I hope you guys had a great Easter. (Was the Easter bunny good to you and your family this year?)

Ya'll sure put a butt whoopin to Ms. State yesterday in Baseball. I tell you we sure looked like, well, you know. (This is a Disney site so I can't say what I really mean!) Maybe next week will be better for LSU.

Have a good week!

gadizlover
04-13-2004, 12:00 AM
Hey Dax, 1 of 3 , Trivia Dude or what ever your name is today-:teeth:

Just wanted to check in on ya and see how things are going -
hope you and your family had a great Easter!

Have a great one-

myhandd
04-13-2004, 01:09 AM
Desiree, Did Kentucky really win a baseball game?!? You know it hasn't even thawed out up here yet for baseball. Thanks for the Easter wishes...and yes, I am somewhat of a Trekkie. Duh, Don't you remember Jadzia Dax ! She must have copied my name, what do you think? By the way how is LSU doing in Baseball, I do pull for you guys even though my wife is a Miss. State grad. Those darn cowbells are too much to endure! My boy Blake, just got better and better at the Easter Egg hunts. He went to three and I must say those hip checks I taught him really came in handy! LOL

Gadiz: Where did "Gadiz" come in. I'm interested because one of the towns I supervise in is Cadiz. You know that I am up for any trivia you wanna throw at me. I pride myself in my well roundedness of subjects. My specialities are 80's songs and performers, sports trivia of any kind and geography to name a few. If you are ever on Millionaire, I would make a very nice phone a friend!

Toystory: I am glad you enjoy my posts, I really love all of your guys posts! (And being the ham I am, I love humor!)

Back to the Saga of 1 of 3. Today we find the hero of our story just returned from Bible Study and his weekly basketball game! Not to brag, but I call them like I see them and he was "magnificent". It is amazing that the Kentucky Wildcats did not recruit this physical specimen out of high school! LOL

Well my brother came and played ball tonight. It is really funny, my brother and I are alot like the Everly Brothers..(50's and 60's crooners...Wake up little Susie etc...) you know... one of the brothers was kinda skinny as a kid and one was kinda chunky and then when they got older, they flopped. Well, my brother was the chunky football playing, baseball catcher and I was the svelte pitcher and basketball player, now though he is 5'9 175 and big bro is 6'0 272. Oh well, big bro is coming on down.

One last thing, we discussed in Bible Study tonight how important it is for men when they feel temptation to have a personal accountability friend that they can confide in and lean on when they need one, I related how Disney WISH has been my accountability partner and I want to thank all of you for that! I mean it from the bottom of my heart!

Well 1 of 3 is signing off!

Later,

Dax

Carol36
04-13-2004, 01:58 AM
Thanks for replying to my journal. You have really come a long way and have such a great attitude!!! :)

:wave: Carol

DoeWDW
04-13-2004, 09:09 AM
Dax, won't your brother be surprised as you "come on down" (sounds like a game show!) to a weight closer to his!

I used to watch Star Trek - the original with William Shatner - every day after school! I still wish I could have a real tribble, as long as it wasn't pregnant! :eek: I only caught the newer series a few times but I really liked Patrick Stewart and whoever played Capt. Janeway as captains. I gave up on the whole Deep Space Nine thing though - never liked that one much.

Glad you found the WISH Journals to help you stay accountable! I know my journal and the people I've met here, including you, have helped me in ways I never could have imagined. Thanks for hangin' out with us!

gadizlover
04-14-2004, 12:30 AM
Hi Dax-
Oh, sounds like you and your brother had a great time playing basketball. You just keep it up and before ya know it- you and he will be "twins" ;)

As for my user name-gadizlover would probably get easier to figure out if I had GAdizlover

ga- Georgia
diz- "Dizney"
lover- I love Disney! :earsgirl: :earsboy:
Sorry to confuse ya!
I'm originally from FL and use to go to Disney alot- now I'm further away but I still love it! In fact right now I'm plotting -um I mean suggesting -to DH its time to go again.

And I'm glad to know you are up on the 80's songs, I am always trying to remember the name of songs I used to listen to. I'll just hum a few bars " lalalada ladedela" - do ya think you can help me figure it out?:p

Live long and prosper -

toystoryduo
04-14-2004, 09:56 AM
Hey Dax,
Sounds like your basketball game went well! I agree with Julie... with your determination and hard work, you and your brother will be twins in no time at all. Then, you can come to the Twins Days Festival and say hi!:teeth: :wave2: :wave2:

I appreciate what you said about the WISH boards being your accountability on your weight loss journey. It has been a great source of accountability and encouragement for me too. Plus, it's a lot of fun!::yes::

Hope you have a wonderful Wednesday!

luvmy2sams
04-14-2004, 10:52 PM

Sounds like you're getting as much from your journal as I'm getting from mine. I didn't think it would make as much of a difference as it has. The accountability and support here matches anything I'm receiving in my "real world", and that's saying a lot.

I hope that you're having a great week!

Strings
04-14-2004, 11:14 PM
:wave: Dax,

I just finished reading your journal. My Dh had to ask me just what I was laughing so much about. Thanks, I needed to laugh tonight. I just wanted to say Congratulations on all the weight you've lost. With your sense of humor and determination, I know you will be at goal. It also helps that your wife can cook a mean steak. Oh, your questions about a MD's scale. They aree supposed to be calibrated every week, but are ususally done monthly or yearly. They are easy to calibrate, but expensive. I'd suggest that ou use only 1 scale (The one that reads the lowest weight of course) and throw the others out the window. Actually, if you leave them on the porch, there are quite a few women around here that specialize in scale smashing.;)

Congrats on expecting a new baby in June. Do you know if it is a boy or a girl, or do you like surprises?

Have a great evening.
Beth

myhandd
04-15-2004, 12:03 AM
Hello everyone,

Strings: Thanks for the post. We do not know, because DW does not want to know...as if I can't keep a secret! Thanks for the advice on scales. I have just decided that I will apply for pole climbing school when I am below 275 on all the scales that I weigh on, just to be safe.

Well another day in telephone land. Today I got to journal my daily activities so that they can make all of us first level managers clones of each other! I have suggested making all the managers in my area have to eat 4 buffets per day to bulk them up to me! My good friend who is the manager in Paducah, weighs just about 100 lbs less than I do and told me he intends to stay that way. I have told him he better prepare to be 100 lbs, cause I am coming down baby!

Trivia for the evening: (Ladies if you don't know the answer check with your hubbies) This question I have been asking since I was 12 (i am now 33) and it has only been answered correctly once!

What is the greatest number of hits a baseball team can get in an inning without scoring a run? Obviously you can guess a number, but if you do, you must explain how! In case you or hubby are wondering, this is not a trick question, all you need is a little baseball knowledge and possibly a rule book!

Well gotta run!

1 of 3 signing off (although I have never seen the other 2)

Dax

Desiree
04-15-2004, 08:29 AM
If 3 batters each get single hits and advance a base in that order. The first batter would be on third (provided the outfielders don't have a really good arm to be able to throw the baserunners out which would mean a fielder's choice. OR, if they do get those runners out it could be 6 if they can get the baserunners while in the process of running. 3 hits = 3 bases, 6 hits = (3 baserunners for 3 outs + 3 more hits).

Ok 6 is my final answer.

ARGH!

Desiree
04-15-2004, 09:31 AM
I must know the answer!!!! Tell me tell me tell me tell me.

This is going to drive me crazy all day!

gadizlover
04-15-2004, 11:22 PM
Hi Dax - Trivia Dude-

Hmmm not much of a baseball expert- I just like to watch my son play, if you call a bunch of kids chasing balls around the field playing.

To me it appears the easy answer is 6 , same reason Desiree said- 3 up then 3 more up while outs at home, but since it appears obvious it is probably not right- so maybe one batter got thrown out because he had his hat on backwards or forgot to get the correct amount of chew in his mouth (Ucky!) or if its the 4th Tues and you are the home team, and two birds cross paths overhead during the 3rd inning you get an extra at bat.

Ok, so what is the answer???

:p

Have a great one!

Carol36
04-15-2004, 11:31 PM
Dax,

I have never really thought about that one. 2 of my DS's play baseball, so it's not like I don't get exposed to it. I do watch the Braves occasionally. Oh well...I am looking forward to finding out the answer.

Carol

You are doing great!:Pinkbounc

myhandd
04-16-2004, 12:26 AM
Ok,

Ladies the answer is 6. However in your examples, you would only have had 5 hits because the out you make on the last one is not counted as a hit. It is a fielders choice or a force out, which does not count as a hit.

Ok, here is the correct scenario:

3 hits to load the bases. Pick off the runners on second and third. 2 more hits loads the bases for 5 hits. The next batter hits the ball, which strikes the runner on third who has to be standing in fair territory. The runner on third is called out for interference, however the batter is credited with a base hit on the scorebook.

Oh well, you can now all thrill your significant other with your baseball knowledge!

Gotta run,

1 of 3 out of here!

Dax

Desiree
04-16-2004, 07:17 AM
Ok that makes sense... But does that still count as a win for me right?!?! (i.e. can I gloat now?!?!)

What do people usually answer?

myhandd
04-17-2004, 01:40 AM
Desiree: You are the big winner!:bounce: It is a very nice question for people who really think they are baseball fans>

Well, well where to start...

I am a bachelor this weekend. DW and DS have went down to Mississippi to see my inlaws for 4 or 5 days. I guess I am truly domesticated now, because I can't think of a single thing to do...except mow:( . Oh well...

Isn't it a great feeling to get stopped at a police roadblock, and know that you are gonna get to go through because you don't do illegal things?!? Happened tonight. I stayed at work till 9:30 pm, what with the fam gone and all. Ran into a block between Princeton and Eddyville KY. Cops were very courteous and efficient. (Coincidentally, Eddyville is where the KY State Penitentiary is located, so that is not a good town to fool around in) I have heard that the locals leave their cars unlocked with the keys in them, cause if someone breaks out (and it has happened) they don't want any visitors.

Just for those regular subscribers to my little thread, I am contemplating a new sign off. 1 of 3 is so yesterday. I mean these supposed other men haven't been by to see me. How do I know that Doe wasn't just messing with me?

Well I'll doing some serious thinking tonight and hopefully tommorrow I'll have a new sign off that will be up to the lofty standards I have already set for you...the paying public! Oh by the way, your subscription checks have not arrived!:Pinkbounc

Well some of you may have noticed that I haven't been talking diet for a couple of days. I decided to chill for a couple of days. I've hit a plateau so I decided to eat carbs for a couple of days to kick start me again. I have to say, I don't even enjoy cheating anymore! I ate at Chong's Cantonese Restaurant in Paducah yesterday and it wasn't as scrumptious as I remember. I think Mr. Atkins has sabotaged my olfactory senses (That probably means smell, but hey I am on a roll!) You know the funny thing about the cheating is, I didn't gain a solitary pound.

Well 1 of 3 signing off with this lame signoff for the last time,

Till tommorrow,

Dax

myhandd
04-17-2004, 01:44 AM
Oh Desiree, I forgot to answer you question. Real baseball people generally answer 5. That rule is fairly obscure. I mean think about, when is the last time that you saw a runner get hit by a batted ball? Doesn't happen very much.

_ of _ signing off (See I said the last one was it for that signoff)

Dax

Desiree
04-17-2004, 07:48 AM
You should really go see Kill Bill Vol 2. We saw it last night and are going back today. (We're Devyn-less this weekend too). She's at her dad & step-mom's.

Cantonese sounds yummy. Heck, my foot sounds good right about now too. I'm starving! What started out as a little chest cold has now progressed into full blown cold complete with aches and fever. :( You're right though... I haven't been eating much at all. So maybe the weight gods will at least give me a few pounds to loose since I'm so sick and they'll have pity on me. I've been sleeping so much I can't believe it's 6:45 on a Saturday morning and I'm awake. There is seriously something wrong with this picture!

Well I hope you can fit in something fun this weekend being family-less. Other than mowing grass of course.

Sick girl signing out...

Carol36
04-17-2004, 10:40 PM
Hey Dax! What did you do before you had a family?! By tomorrow, you will be totally bored and lonely, won't you?!

I am sure that I will be facing days of carbs, but hopefully, I will get back op!

Your comments are so funny!:rotfl:

Stay focused!:D

Carol

toystoryduo
04-18-2004, 10:10 AM
Dax,
Thanks for posting to my journal. Your post had me :rotfl: . And I really needed that laugh. Thanks!

Have you thought of your new title yet? With all of the free time that you have had, we expect it to be something fabulous!;)

Hope you have a great Sunday! Don't forget we are eagerly awaiting your new title......:teeth:

P.S. The subscription check is in the mail........:laughing:

gadizlover
04-18-2004, 02:33 PM
Dax,

Oh a weekend to yourself. Wow. I love having a weekend to myself. Then after a few days, I start missing them, but 2 or 3 days is nice. Hope you are enjoying it!:Pinkbounc

Sooo I'm waiting with bated breath for the new sign off- how much longer are you going to keep us in suspense?

myhandd
04-18-2004, 04:16 PM
A whole weekend to myself and I am bored stiff! I can't think of anything to do....what a dilemna.

I want to apologize to my legion of fans....I suddenly and inexplicably....have writers block. I have thought long and hard about a new signoff, but darn it, I'm stuck!

So, I am proposing a contest to let you, the fans, come up with my new sign off! Unfortunately, since Toy story is the only fan who has sent in her subscription money...there will be no prize in this contest. Only the undying devotion of yours truly, MyhandD, otherwise known as Dax.

Well, yesterday I got my hair cut and mowed and then I sneezed for about 2 hours. (Horrible allergies, only in April and May thank goodness!) I then laid around and finally at about 6:30 pm drove over to Murray, KY (home of my alma mater Murray State! Go Racers) which is about 25 miles away and picked up a schedule of classes (I am thinking about going back and getting a masters in Bus. Administration). I then piddled around Office Depot and finally went to the grocery and got about 4 lbs. of sirloin steak which I devoured at 9:30 pm. Before you worry too much that is all I ate all day. When my allergies get to kicking I really lose the mid day appetite.

This morning I went to church. Our Sunday school class is contemplating a split. Our class which started about 3 years ago with 4 people has grown to about 50 and they want to break us up into two classes of 25. I really have mixed feelings about it. The core 25 or so who started things don't want to be split, but I guess we really have outgrown our nice cozy smaller group. I am glad DW wasn't there because she is very much against a split. We will be praying about it though.

Well, so much for now, I'll probably be back later today,

The Signoffless one,

Dax

Carol36
04-18-2004, 11:15 PM
You sound like you had a pretty good weekend. We just finished a class at our church on Wednesday nights. The name of it was "How To Act Right When Your Spouse Doesn't". Boy, Was that an eye-opener! All that I learned in that class can be applied to my relationships with other people.

Maybe, you will just have a moment when a new sign-off will just pop in your head...a vision!:teeth:

I hope your allergies get better and you have a great day on Monday!

Carol

luvmy2sams
04-19-2004, 10:37 PM
Hi Dax!

I hope you enjoyed your bachelor weekend! I'm on the first day of a week without my 8 month old DS, so I feel your pain. DD is at school in the mornings, so I just walked around like a crazy woman today. All the freedom in the world, so what did I do? Laundry, of course. :rolleyes:

I wish you luck with the split in your Sunday School class. Our church has grown rapidly, and we've had to do quite a few splits recently. It can be a blessing and a hindrance at the same time.

Hope you've had a fabulous Monday!

~Angela

:teeth:

DoeWDW
04-20-2004, 12:05 PM
Dax, how about FPC for your signoff! What do the letters stand for, you ask?? Future Pole Climber of course!!

OK, so it isn't my most creative effort. :rolleyes: However, I do feel somewhat responsible for causing this whole sign-off uproar, so I'll keep working on it. ::yes::

Hope you're having fun! Is the family back home yet? I know I always dream about having time to myself, but when I actually get some, I spend it missing my gang. I'm already worried about sending my son on a 3 week trip this summer - I'll miss him but he needs to spread his wings and learn to fly.

stego
04-21-2004, 05:41 PM
some of the posters suggested I post a note to let you know you're not the only guy here on this board.

58 lbs. is a lot to lose! Congratulations!
I think I'm having as much success with WW because my wife
is doing it, as well. There's a poster sign right where we weigh in in full view that states as much: the program will be SO much more successful if two people do it together.

And so we have.

As I've stated, I've lost over 25 lbs. in 6 weeks. I don't think that's the norm, and have learned in my years not to share as openly in a room full of irritable women. Enough said. I think it's more of the mon-fri ritual I have: same foods, LOTS of water, etc.
I do quite a bit of activity on the weekends, including walking, jogging and bicycling.

My wife has done well for herself, she's lost over 15lbs in the same time.

So, that's it in a nutshell. Come over sometime and read my SOB stories if you get bored.

myhandd
04-21-2004, 06:54 PM
Hey guys,

Well the family is back and I am wishing they were gone already...only joking!

Well things are motoring right along...I just signed up for pole climbing school on June 7 in Jackson, MS. I can hardly wait! Doe I will take your suggestion into consideration! FPL has a nice ring to it...give me a couple of more days to decide.

Stego: Well you've confirmed that I am not the only man on here. Oh well, its been nice living in the limelight.

Well gotta run...

FPL signing out!

Dax

Strings
04-21-2004, 10:29 PM
Hi Dax,

Sounds like you had a long weekend. The silence can get to you after awhile. Congrats on scheduling the climbing school. You can definately call that exercise. I like your new sign off.
Take care,
Beth

toystoryduo
04-22-2004, 09:47 AM
Hey Dax,
Congrats on signing up for climbing school! That's great! Hope all else is going well.... Take care!

myhandd
04-24-2004, 03:03 PM
Hey everyone!

Well it has been a really busy week and I have not been able to get on here much, but it is Saturday and here I is!

I want you all to pray for me, last night, i attended the first of three birthday parties. Last night my wife staged a surprise 40th party at church for one of our close friends. Today, we have a party for one of our DS's friend. To close the day, it is my wife's birthday. You may ask, "What do all these three parties have in common?" (Well you probably wouldn't, but I asked it anyway) The answer is, there will be birthday cake, which I can hardly stay away from!!!!!!

It is bad enough to have to go and buy a cake that I cannot eat, but to be forced to attend to other parties with the scrumptious pure sugar concoction, is simply too much! For that reason, that is why I ask for your prayers!

Well I hope everyone else is doing well. I have lost 4 lbs. by my scale at home the past two weeks. I am waiting to get on my scale at work before I post an update, but I see a new tag in my immediate future!!

Later,

FPC,

Dax

gadizlover
04-25-2004, 12:09 AM
Dax,

Ooh three birthdays in a row, that is inhuman torture. Hope you held firm.

Can't wait for a new clippie party (no cake will be served.) :hyper:

Have a great one-

Desiree
04-25-2004, 09:44 AM
Ahh the evil birthday cake. I sure hope you can resist temptation! Well at least share some of your wife's bd cake. That will be your treat from staying away from the other two!

Sending you lots of positive vibes and pixie dust!

Have a good Sunday!

Strings
04-25-2004, 06:02 PM
Hi Dax,

I just wanted to pop by and say I love the new sign off. I can tell you my strategy for bdays. I have slices of Beachgirls cheesecake in the freezer. They are easy to make. I take a defrosted slice with me. I can eat cheesecake AND stay on program.

Have a good one,
Beth

myhandd
04-25-2004, 09:00 PM
Hey everyone!

Well I just got the 25 pound clippie this morning! I was able somehow to avoid the birthday cake blitz! Boy it was challenging.

I was able to have barbecue at the Friday night party and sausages at the Sat. party and steak at my wifes last night, all in all not so bad!

I even got a complement at the Friday night party. My Edward Jones representative who I have not seen in about two years said he couldn't believe how much had I lost and that I was looking great! That takes the sting out of missed bday cake!

I hope everyone has a great week!

The incredible shrinking one!

Dax

Strings
04-25-2004, 09:05 PM
Congratulations, Oh incredibly shrinking One! That clippie sure does looks awesome on you!:thewave: Congrats on avoiding the birthday cake.
:sunny:
Beth

Carol36
04-25-2004, 11:53 PM
:thewave: I figured that I would join the party! Congrats! I know that cake was so hard to resist! I went to a wedding shower today and did not eat a bite. There was nothing there that I could eat. One of the hostesses asked me why I wasn't eating and I told her that I was just going to eat at home. No explanation at all! I worry that I might have hurt her feelings, but I didn't think about what I had said until I got home and then started feeling kind of bad for saying that without explaining. I did not want to be center of attention. Incredible Shrinking One...have a great day! Oh and keep on so you can have more clippie parties!:teeth:

Carol

Desiree
04-26-2004, 07:17 AM
Dax that's fantastic!!! And it sure feels good to get those compliments, eh?! :) Keep up the good work!!! We're all proud of you here at the DIS!

toystoryduo
04-26-2004, 10:13 AM
Way to go O' Incredible Shrinking One!:worship: Congratulations on the 25lb. clippie!:Pinkbounc That is am awesome accomplishment and you should be very proud of yourself!!::yes:: By the way, I love the new title! Take care and have a wonderful Monday!

gadizlover
04-27-2004, 01:17 PM
Yippee - Skippee!

Did someone say Clippie party?:jumping1:

By pole climbing school time- you can wear the double steel toed shoes without any worries. ( I bet your toes will be glad to hear that!) :teeth:

Keep up the great work!

DoeWDW
04-28-2004, 11:36 AM
:happy2: :cheer2: :happy2: 25 POUND CLIPPIE!!! COOL!!! :happy2: :cheer2: :happy2:

:worship: O Incredible Shrinking One!! Many warm congratulations on your Incredible Shrinking!!

Also, I'm glad you got signed up for Pole Climbing School. You'd better start planning a (non-food!!) reward for when you complete that milestone!! ::yes::

You're doing a great job and maintaining your sense of humor the whole time!

Hope you have a great Wednesday! :sunny:

myhandd
04-29-2004, 06:46 PM
Hey folks, well sorry I have been gone awhile. I had more computer probs. so I just went to Wal Mart and bought myself an e machine and boy is it great!:bounce:

Well, I have held by clippie and also lost another lb. so I am down to 270 by my home scale which makes 60 lbs lost total from where I started at 330.

Work has been hectic as usual. One sentence for those of you out there to help your local phone supervisor "Call before you dig!".

Well DW has a womens group meeting tonight so me and the boy will be at my mothers chillin' till it is safe to come home.

Our weekend shapes up as the following:

Sat: I will be going to Memphis with our Sunday class to see the Memphis Redbirds AAA baseball team play.

Sun: DW, DS and I will be going to St. Louis to see the zoo. DW thinks we just have to go before the new bundle arrives and this is the last weekend dr. will let her travel so wish me luck. Will be off work Mon. recuperating.

Gotta run,

Dax

toystoryduo
05-05-2004, 08:06 AM
Hey Dax,
Wow! That is very impressive! 60 lbs. gone on Atkins. You really are the incredible shrinking one.:worship: Sounds like your weekend was busy. Hope it was a good one for you! Have a great week!

myhandd
05-06-2004, 11:09 PM
Well, well,

Where has the time gone. This has been a really long period off for me. The weekend was something else. I went to Memphis to see the Redbirds play and wouldn't you know it, rained out! We sat at the stadium for 3 hours waiting and it just wouldn't let up. However we did go the The Rendezvous for BBQ which I must say was excellent! If you are in Memphis, it is really something to try!

After the 6 hour round trip to Memphis, got home Sat. night, went to bed and got up at 5:45 am and drove DW and DS to St. Louis, MO Sunday morn. We went to the Butterfly house in the am and to the Childrens Magic House in the pm. For those of you who haven't read this, I was not thrilled with the timing for this trip, but I tucked my lip in and toughed it our for DW. For those of you wanting somewhere to spend 6 bucks a head, you can go to the Butterfly house and walk in a greenhouse and let butterflies fly all around you, which I must admit was pretty cool. DS 3 1/2 years old would flinch everytime one would get near him. (That was worth the price of admission!)

Later we went to the Magic house which for those of you who don't know is a house where they have all kind of educational fund things for kids to play with. It was really cool even for those older kids like myself.

Sunday we went to the St. Louis Zoo. It was nice...and big with lots of walking. I felt like I was in a bizarro Animal Kingdom only not as nice and much more walking involved! Our little boy really enjoyed the penguins.

Well gotta run...I'll fill you all in on the rest of the week later!!

The incredible shrinking man!

Dax

myhandd
05-09-2004, 02:42 PM
We went to the hospital where we are going to have the new baby on the 28th of the month for a meal and tour of the facilities. Yes the nerves are starting to get to me.

Well things are going well. I am going to try to get to everyones journals today, I have been really busy this week. After we got back from St. Louis on Monday, I had to turn around and attend a conference in Louisville, KY which is about 3 hours from our end of the state. I was gone until Wednesday night. Got back to work Thursday and Friday and I have 24 hour duty for the next two weeks so....

Gotta go mow the grass!

Later,

Dax

gadizlover
05-09-2004, 11:34 PM
Hey Dax,

I've been missing in action too for the last 2 weeks, trying to get caught up with everyone today.

Sounds like you have had a busy 2 weeks, - but don't forget to enjoy your sleep - while you can!:teeth:

The Butterfly house sounds cool, we have something like that a few hours from here, the kids usually go on a school field trip, I haven't been yet. :( Some day!

Keep up the great work on those new clippies- Mr Shrinking Man- I'm ready for another parrrrtttyyyy.:Pinkbounc :bounce:

Carol36
05-10-2004, 12:33 AM
Hey incredible shrinkin one! 60 pounds total is something to be proud of! I can only imagine how that feels! GREAT, right? I know that you are so excited about your new baby. Babies bring a special kind of joy into the home. We are through with that stage in our lives and sometimes miss those times, even though we enjoy our children at the ages they are now.

I am glad that your family got to take one last trip before the arrival of your new addition. Remember to enjoy every minute of it!!!:sunny:

Carol

toystoryduo
05-10-2004, 10:15 AM
Hey Dax!
Sounds like you have been pretty busy lately. You are doing a great job! Kepe up the good work! Have a great week!

wilderness01
05-10-2004, 05:19 PM
Congrats on the upcoming arrival of your baby. That is such a special time. 60 lbs is so great! Good for you.:D

myhandd
05-12-2004, 06:57 PM
Just stopped in to have everyone check out my new clippie!

Gotta go,

Dax

toystoryduo
05-13-2004, 08:54 AM
Woohoo!:Pinkbounc Congratulations on the new clippie Dax!:thewave: You rock!:rockband:

DoeWDW
05-14-2004, 03:28 PM
:sunny: :sunny: A NEW CLIPPIE!!! WOO-HOO!!! :sunny: :sunny:

Dax, you are AMAZING!! You've lost over 60 pounds total and you've got that very cool 30 pound WISH clippie! Congratulations!!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!! Catch up on that sleep! I hope all goes well with your new little bundle of joy - there's nothing like that sweet "new baby" smell (and I DON'T mean the diapers!).

Desiree
05-15-2004, 08:16 AM
New clippie dance, new clippie dance!! Woooohoooo!!! Congrats! Oh mighty incredible shrinking one!!:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

myhandd
05-21-2004, 01:12 AM
Well hello again everyone!

Lot is going on! Where to start....

Well, the countdown is on, we have about 7 days until the new baby arrives. Girl name is Olivia, still undecided on the boys name, right now Houston is the front runner.

I just got accepted to Murray State's MBA program. Bell is going ot pay for it so I thought, "Why not!?" I have a lot of prereq's since my degree was not in business, but I think I can double up on them and knock them out.

Friday, is Marshall County's Relay for Life. My DW is the team chair for our church. So far we have raised approximately $1500 and expect to make another $500-800 at the relay selling hotdogs, hamburgers, and drinks. I really love going to this, it allows me to catch up with old friends from school and such. I am planning on walking for about 3 hours tommorrow night at the relay. Why not incorporate the diet with the relay!?

Well, as of right now, Midnight Thursday I am still at 264. I drank about 200 oz's of water today and jogged for about 40 minutes along with about 20 minutes of walking, I really hope to be about 262 by tommorrow, but we will see won't we. I can really see an major change in my body with my tummy flattening out. I have received alot of comments noting it which is great!

I think tommorrow afternoon my old college roomate who lives in New York City is coming in and we are going to have lunch and catch our alma mater play baseball at MSU. He is from Cape Girardeau, MO originally. Got his MBA and now he makes the big bucks in NYC. Doesn't own a car, says it is much easier to go without one there what with the garage costs and such!

Well gotta run!

Dax

toystoryduo
05-21-2004, 10:07 AM
Dax,
You sound very busy, but it sounds like a good kind of busy. You must be pretty excited about your baby. ::yes:: Please keep us updated on your baby and your wife. We will be praying for all of you!::yes::

Thanks for the encouraging words you left in my journal. Brought a :teeth: to my day.

Have a great weekend! Take care!

wilderness01
05-21-2004, 08:06 PM
You sound like you are doing great. Keep up the good work!:Pinkbounc

myhandd
05-22-2004, 04:51 PM
Hello all!

Well we got relay for life over and I believe it was a good success! Our church team (which my wife is captain i.e. workhorse) rasied well over $2500. We were the only group grilling hamburgers and we made about $800 on those last night! Of course you favorite shrinking man was the grill chef. I should have been being as I am so experienced with Atkins and my daily burgers at dinner! I have to say though, I was a little disappointed in the turnout for RFR. They changed the time for the race which I think was a big mistake what with graduations and end of schools right now. It was nice to see old friends though! At about 1:00 am I walked around the track with a friend for about 1 hour and 20 minutes. Nothing stressful but a bout a 16 minutes mile pace.

Well today is mowing day which I really hate. I have horrible allergies during the month of May and the last three days have been rough.

Well I can't remember if I have already told this, but I am down to 261 so I guess that means new clippie!:thewave:

Well this board has been great and I hope everyone continues with their new lifestyles!

Dax

wilderness01
05-23-2004, 10:27 AM
Congrats on your new clippie!:Pinkbounc :bounce:

toystoryduo
05-23-2004, 10:31 AM
Hey Dax... or should I say, The incredible shrinking chef?????:teeth:

Congrats to your Relay for Life team! It's great that you raised over $2500. Way to go!!! :Pinkbounc

Congrats also on the new clippie!:thewave: That is wonderful! Keep up the good work!!:Pinkbounc

God's best to you and your family as you await the arrival of your baby.::yes:: Please keep us posted.

Have a great Sunday!

gadizlover
05-23-2004, 11:31 AM
Wow! New clippee already- way to go!
You have had a pretty busy month - and baby will be here any day. How exciting. Please fill us in as soon as you can after the blessed event. :D

And you wife was captain of your fundraiser with her so close to due date? She sounds like a pretty amazing woman. Sounds like you had a very successful effort.

Keep up the great work, and congratulations on being accepted to the MBA program. You have some pretty wonderful things going on right now, wishing you all the best.::yes::

myhandd
05-23-2004, 09:05 PM
Thanks guys!

Well I will let everyone know about the baby as soon as possible.

Dax

Desiree
05-24-2004, 02:18 PM
Gosh you do have alot going on! I'm sorry I haven't posted in what seems like forever!!

I guess there are alot of things that you need to be congratulated on! Being accepted into a MBA program, the baby's almost here and your new clippie! Your life sounds almost as busy as mine! Hehehe!

Seriously though, you are doing an incredible job. Keep up the good work and my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family anxiously awaiting your newest little one!

DoeWDW
05-24-2004, 02:22 PM
:jumping3: :jumping3: :jumping3: A NEW 35 POUND CLIPPIE!!! :jumping3: :jumping3: :jumping3:

Dax, many congratulations!! You continue to shrink and you continue to exercise!! Pole climbing school is gonig to be so much easier without all that extra weight!! Keep up the great work!!

I've participated in our area's Relay For Life - truly a wonderful event for such a worthy cause. Congratulations on the successful efforts of your team.

Also, congratulations on getting into the MBA program - especially if your employer is nice enough to foot the bill!!

I hope all is going well with your wife and the pregnancy, as well as your son. Lots of changes ahead for you and your family but with your love and sense of humor, I'm sure you'll all adjust.

Hope you're having a great Monday! :sunny:

myhandd
05-25-2004, 08:38 PM
Hello again everyone!

Well this morning on the scale, (nekkid in Kentucky) I was 259 after basketball last night. I have also started running again. I got 2 miles in day before yesterday and tonight. I jog 1 mile and then walk a mile and then jog another. I've reached the point where I can continuosly job for the whole mile now, that is really exciting!

Gotta run!

Dax

wilderness01
05-25-2004, 09:30 PM
That is awesome that you can continually jog for the mile. That is really hard work. I admire the people at the gym that do that. They sweat like crazy but you can tell their workout is awesome!

toystoryduo
05-26-2004, 08:17 AM
Way to go Dax!
I really admire people who can jog/run any distance. I really enjoy working out, but running and I just don't get along. I've thought about trying again to add jogging to my workout schedule, but DH reminded me that jogging would not do any favors for my knee.

How is your wife doing? We are all eagerly awaiting the birth of your baby. It seems like there has been a baby boom lately. Two of my very good friends have given birth in the last week and a half. Both boys. Please let us know when your baby is born.

Have a great day and keep up the good work!

myhandd
05-27-2004, 12:47 AM
Thanks guys,

Well the update on everything...where to begin...

The inlaws have come up from Mississippi to help out w/ DS 3 1/2 years old. We go and DW will be having a c-section Friday morning at about 8 am. It is really exciting to be this close.

I may have already covered this, but if it is a girl it will be Olivia Grace Myhand, if a boy it will either be Houston or Beckham Myhand, we just can't make our mind up on the boy name.

What do you guys think of Beckham? We got it from the English soccer player David Beckham (even neither of us are soccer fans). Quick funny story, I was telling my dad about the choices of names and after hearing Beckham he said, "Why don't you just pick a normal name" to which I replied, "yeah, like Dax is pretty normal" I thought it was funny.

Anyway let me know what you guys think!

Dax

toystoryduo
05-27-2004, 10:00 AM
Dax,
How exciting! Your family will be in our prayers as you await your new arrival.::yes::

As for names.... I don't know much about David Beckham, but I really like the name Houston. It is such a strong name. It's a name that your son can grow into as a man. Plus, it's unique. (Just like Dax!:teeth: ) I absolutely love the name that you and your wife have picked out for a girl. ::yes:: It is a beautiful name and a reminder of the amazing grace that the Lord bestows on us each day.

Well, Dax... take a deep breath and get ready. In less than 24 hours, you'll be a proud papa once again. God's best to you all!

DoeWDW
05-28-2004, 11:36 AM
Dax, I'm thinking of you! I'm hoping all is well with your wife and new baby, sending up prayers that both are happy and healthy.

Can't wait to hear if your DS has a new brother or sister and what name you finally decided on.

Sending many good wishes your way!

myhandd
05-31-2004, 06:40 PM
Well, as you can imagine, things have been hectic, but we have a baby girl! Olivia Grace born Friday at Western Baptist Hospital in Paducah, KY. She weighed 6 lb. 7 oz. and baby and mother are both doing great!

Well gotta run, moma is calling!

Dax

toystoryduo
05-31-2004, 10:35 PM
Congratulations Dax!!:Pinkbounc I am so glad to hear that mom and Olivia are doing well.::yes:: Please know that you will continue to be in our prayers.

Welcome princess: Olivia Grace!!!!:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

myhandd
06-02-2004, 10:55 PM
Hey everyone! Well as you can imagine things are wild!!!!

Olivia's billirubin (i think that is correct?!?) was elevated and we had to place her under lamps and let me tell you that was an ordeal! I got about an hour and a half's sleep and I think DW got about 45 minutes. Good news, the bilirubin was down and we got to rest today, hopefully it will stay down on her visit tommorrow!

I will be going back to work tommorrow for the first time since the birth.

Gotta run!

the incredible shrinking one!

Dax

gadizlover
06-03-2004, 01:47 AM
Oh my goodness, how did I miss the big announcement? :o

Congratulations:Pinkbounc What a beautiful name, Olivia Grace-your new little princess.

My DS had newborn jaundice also- seems to be a more & more common these days- hopefully she will just need some lamp time and sunshine and be all better!
Will keep her and your family in my prayers.

Give that little sweetie an extra hug from all her "Wisher Aunties"

Take care Dax!

DoeWDW
06-04-2004, 10:21 AM
Dax, congratulations!! I hope princess: Olivia Grace is looking less yellow and thriving! How is your DS handling the big changes at home?

I second Julie's idea! Give sweet little Olivia a hug from all her WISHer aunties!! I LOVE that "new baby" smell!!

Hope you have a wonderful Friday! :sunny:

Desiree
06-04-2004, 02:23 PM
Oh Dax, I missed the announcement too!

Congrats to you and your family on little Olivia's arrivial!!! Are you going to be posting pics of her? I bet she's beautiful!

Glad to hear that her jaundace is going away. Devyn had that too when she was a wee one.

Y'all make sure you guys rest up while you can!! Is big brother happy? I bet he's just as excited as you all are!

wilderness01
06-04-2004, 10:17 PM
Congrats on the birth of your baby daughter.princess:

myhandd
06-05-2004, 04:03 PM
Hey guys,

Jaundice is behind us. I'll probably in a few days post a few pics of the family for you all, if I can figure it out!

Ready or not, (drum roll please), I have a new weight to announce and a new clippie! 255 this morning. Which puts me at 75 total pounds and a clippie of 40!

I'll be back later today, gotta birthday party to go to!

Dax

myhandd
06-06-2004, 01:06 AM
Hello All,

Well this will probably be my last post until Saturday. Monday is pole climing school that many of you have seen chronicled here before.

I feel really good about it. I weighed this morning and I was 255 stark naked (I know there is probably a visual there, but if you ladies can talk about TOM I can slip that in). My climbing boots weigh about 6 lbs, so unless the scales are waaaay off I should be in good shape for the weigh in on Monday. I have to be 275 or below. A prayer here and there would be nice if you would like to offer me one!

Well, I'll talk to everyone next Saturday hopefully and will let you know how it goes.

Dax

DoeWDW
06-06-2004, 06:03 AM
Many congratulations on your 40 pound clippie!! You've done an awesome job, Dax!!

I'm sending up prayers for you regarding pole climbing school. Can't wait to hear about your success there!

Best wishes for a :sunny: and safe week!

gadizlover
06-06-2004, 02:27 PM
So glad to hear Olivia is all better!
Boy are you having some exciting days or what! :teeth:

New daughter and now the pole climbing school is finally starting. :bounce:
I know you have worked so hard for this and it's good to see that hard work paying off.::yes::

And a new clippee!!:jumping1: Those gold clippes are awesome! I just got a new one myself today.

Have a great time at school- make sure you have a weight belt on for those high climbs- with your new "lighter" weight- can't have the wind blowing you off now.

wilderness01
06-06-2004, 05:55 PM
Congrats on the new clippie!:bounce: :bounce:

toystoryduo
06-07-2004, 05:07 PM
Way to go Dax!!!!:bounce: That brand new clippie is so bright that I need :smooth: to look at it! :teeth: Hope you have a great week at Pole Climbing School! You have worked hard for it! Take care!

Desiree
06-09-2004, 03:47 PM
Dax.... Fantastic news! Another clippie and Jaundice is gone for Olivia!!!

myhandd
06-12-2004, 12:18 AM
Hello again everyone!

Well wonderful news, I passed pole climbing school!!!:bounce:

I have to tell you guys though, it is not a natural feeling to be hanging on to a pole with your feet at 18 feet above the ground with only two steel spikes keeping you on the pole!

A quick rundown of the week:

Sunday: Drove 7 hours to Jackson, MS.
Monday: Went to the Bellsouth training center, practiced our footing drill and "stroking" the pole (I know, but what can I say?!) Climbed about 3-4 feet up practiced this multiple times!

Tuesday: Climbed to 6 feet repeatedly. They then taught us how to manuever around the pole once you get to height. All of this of course with a safety line.

Wednesday: Climbed to 6 feet without safety line, drove j hook into pole and raised a 25 lb bag up to us with a rope. Climbed to 12 feet with a safety line. Climbed to 12 feet without a safety line. Let me tell you, I had a moment at about 10 feet, (head at 16 feet). I had to come down and compose myself. But I went back up within 5 minutes and completed my work assignment to be able to graduate to gulp...18 feet (head at 24 feet). We climbed to 18 feet with a safety line attached to us to end the day.

Thursday: The moment of truth, climbed to 18 feet without safety line, drove j hook and raised 25 lb bag with rope and came down. They video tape you to prove you did it if anything is said later. Let me tell you, everything went wrong that could have. As I was attaching my belt around the pole and to my body at 18 feet, I had twisted the belt (first time I had done that all week!) I then had to take off and reattach after I unkinked this, remember at 18 feet. As I took the belt off and was preparing to come down, my right hook cut out and I nearly fell, luckily I had my left leg locked (as you are supposed to) and it keep me up but let me tell you it scared the bejesus out of me. I recovered nicely though and made it down without incident.

Friday: Worked with ladders.

My instructor said I was the smoothest climber in the class, which really made me feel good. I have to go back Sunday for two weeks to installation school and he has informed us that we will climb everyday to practice, (what a nice guy!) Oh well, I;ve got it now and I want to thank everyone who encourage me and prayed for me. By the way, with my 6 lb boots on the scale showed me at 260.

I'll try to check back tommorrow!

Later,

Certified Pole climber Myhand signing off!

Dax

DoeWDW
06-12-2004, 06:28 AM
:thewave: AMAZING!!!! :thewave:

Dax, many warm congratulations on passing Pole Climbing School!!! What an experience!! You are a very brave man!! 260 WITH BOOTS!!! WOW!! You've come a long way, Dax, and you should be so proud of you!

Best wishes for a safe and uneventful time at Installation school!

I won't get around to journals for a while but will be sending you, DW and the kids good thoughts!

:sunny:

toystoryduo
06-12-2004, 08:08 AM
Congratulations Mr. Certified Pole Climber!!!:jumping1: :thewave: That is such wonderful news!! You have accomplished quite a bit lately and you should be very proud of yourself!::yes:: Best wishes at Installation School!!

Have a good one!

wilderness01
06-12-2004, 09:32 AM
Good for you on your accomplishment Dax. Have a great weekend.:D

myhandd
06-19-2004, 11:40 PM
Hello all,

Well it has been awhile since I have been on here. Been learning more and more about the phone business, from the ground level mind you!

Has been a though couple of weeks for Mr. Atkins here. I have strayed while on expense account, but you know what, I deserve it. I have been hard at it since Dec. and I decided to take a diet vacation. I am back on it now. I've got one more week in Jackson, MS and then onward and downward to the 200 lb mark. Only about 50 more to go!

Well gotta run, the new baby keeps you hopping!

Later,

Dax

toystoryduo
06-20-2004, 09:55 AM
Dax,
Happy Father's Day!:bounce: You have been doing an awesome job on Atkins and I think a break every once in awhile is a good thing. (Especially, when the company is paying for your food. :teeth: ) I have no doubt in my mind that you will see the 200 pound mark soon! Have a great Father's Day! :bounce:

gadizlover
06-22-2004, 03:05 PM
Hi Dax!

Happy Belated Father's Day- hope you had a good one. How's that little one doing? Great I hope!

I agree with Tracy - sometimes you have to go "Off Plan" to shake your body up a bit! As long as it doesn't become the "norm". You are doing a super job and I bet your 200 mark will be here soon than you think.

Keep up the great work.:sunny:

wilderness01
06-23-2004, 02:02 AM
I agree with the others about sometimes having to go off plan. You will be fine, you'll see.:D

gadizlover
06-27-2004, 12:14 PM
Hi Dax-
Just checking in to see how you are doing. Are you all done with your training now? I bet you will be glad to be back home on your regular schedule soon. If there is such a thing with a new baby in the house.:teeth:

Have a great week-

Desiree
06-28-2004, 09:02 AM
Just wanting to stop by and say :wave2: ! I know I haven't been around much, but hopefully will be doing much better on that soon!

toystoryduo
06-28-2004, 09:26 AM
Hey Dax,
Just stopping by to say, :wave: and see how everything is going.
Have a great week!

myhandd
06-29-2004, 08:36 PM
Hey folks,

Long time no see. Well I guess it is official, I am a full fledged telephone man! That is kinda scary, but I was able to climb to 24 feet with no problem, lots of butterflies, but no problems!

Baby is doing good, momma too. DS is thrilled over having a new baby in the house. It was tough being gone for 3 weeks.

I'll get back when I can, momma's calling!

Dax

DoeWDW
06-30-2004, 08:34 AM
Dax, congratulations on your success at Installation school!!

I know the schedule at your house must be crazy with your son and your new baby. Hang in there for a few more months and it will get easier! ::yes::

With everything else going on, you may want to consider just trying to maintain your current weight instead of pushing to lose. You've got a lot on your plate for the next few months. There will be time enough to be strictly on plan and lose more weight after your new little angel is sleeping through the night.

Hope your days are filled with :sunny: !

myhandd
07-01-2004, 01:06 AM
Thanks Doe,

I'll tell ya, at times I would like to fast forward a year, but these are great memories. I really feel sorry for DW as she is breastfeeding and the baby is not sleeping much and obviously as she is the only one who can feed (about every 2 hours) she is running on fumes!

I have not gotten to walk this week at work. I have had to weed through the 479 emails I received during the 3 weeks I was out.(Yes really 479, what did I do before the computer made my life so much more simple!LOL).

With everything else that is going on, I will be taking the GMAT in about 3 weeks and will be starting Grad school in August, that should be interesting!

Well gotta run!

The holding steady one!

Dax

wilderness01
07-01-2004, 06:55 AM
Having a new baby in the house is wonderful but exhausting isn't it? It will get better when the baby starts sleeping through the noc and everyone else does too. Hang in there.:D

toystoryduo
07-01-2004, 08:37 AM
Hey Dax,
Whew! Sounds like life is still busy for you! ::yes:: And did you say 479 emails?:earseek: Wow!

Sending some :wizard: your wife's way. I hope she is able to get some good, quality sleep soon. ::yes::

It's funny because when my second DD was born, I thought the same thing about fast forwarding a year. Raising a baby and a toddler together is tough work! :crazy2: (As I am sure that you and your DW know. ;) ) However, just the other day, I looked at my Caley and thought, "She's not a baby anymore" and it made me sad. How did she grow up so fast??? :confused:

Have a great day today!:sunny:

DoeWDW
07-02-2004, 02:43 PM
Gee, I thought I had a lot of emails - 87 to wade through after a 2 week vacation! Hope you're all caught up now!

I'm sending more :wizard: for your DW - been there, done that! I'm glad I did it but I'm also glad it's in the past now. :p Enjoy those kids, Dax - mine are teenagers already! :eek: Where did the time go? :confused:

I'm sending :sunny: and best wishes for a wonderful holiday weekend!

myhandd
07-04-2004, 11:20 AM
Happy 4th Everyone!!!:bday:

Well we are having our good friends the Henry's over today. They just got back from a short one day visit to WDW Magic Kingdon and I am so ready to interrogate them about the trip!!!

Everything is going well, Doe I believe your pixie dust did the trick, Olivia has slept well the last 3 nights and DW has gotten a good amount of sleep.

Well gotta run!

Dax

gadizlover
07-04-2004, 11:55 AM
Happy 4th of July Dax!

How great that Olivia is sleeping well- hope your wife is enjoying her rest.

Hope you and yours have a great weekend!

wilderness01
07-04-2004, 09:40 PM
Glad you guys are starting to get a good night sleep. Happy 4th.:D

AuroraluvsPhillip
07-05-2004, 09:10 AM
Hi Dax,
I just was reading through your journal and you are doing a great job with your weight loss and lifestyle changes. Keep up the good work!

Atkins is a great diet for guys, cuz guys love meat!! My DH went on Atkins and lost about 15-20 pounds, and lowered his blood lipids significantly. He's not as strict now, though I wish he would be because he won't exercise...

Congratulations on your new dd!princess: I remember those breastfeeding days and nights too...I don't think I've ever been as tired. Don't worry about the house PLEASE...any spare time should be spent dozing on the couch or keeping your DS company. My son was almost 3 when my daughter was born, he expected his life to continue without interruptions from her! Once she can get 4-5 hours of continuous sleep, things certainly improve, even if it's not every single night...hang in there, both of you...as mom to 2 teens now, I survived, it can be done. The best thing to do for your wife is give her a big hug and tell her what a great job she's doing...and give yourself a pat on the back for what you've accomplished with your job and schooling!

My best to the "Incredible Shrinking One",
Jean

toystoryduo
07-05-2004, 09:15 AM
Hey Dax,
I'm glad to hear that Olivia has been sleeping and letting mom get some much deserved rest.::yes:: Hope you had a great time yesterday with your friends.

Take care and have a great week,
Tracy

myhandd
07-08-2004, 12:09 AM
Hey everyone,

Ok here's the deal, ever since I came back from pole climbing school I have been off of Atkins, as I discussed earlier. Well, I've gained a few lbs....so tommorrow I am back on board full board!!!

I will leave my losses and clippies where they are and will update them when I cross the threshold again! (Which won't be too long!)

Well well, where to go, I have a class reunion coming up this month. It will be no. 15 wow how the time has passed! My wife really hates these things because my already inflated ego really gets bigger when my old pals get to talking sports...you all know that I am a local legend....don't you?!?!?!

Its funny because around here, basketball is king, and I was a star player on the most successful team we had here and everyone goes to the games,(our hs gym holds 6000, as much as a lot of colleges) anyway and I have a very unusual first and last name, so I used to tell my wife and inlaws that I was a "local legend". They laughed it off....until we moved here and everywhere my wife would go and have to use her last name, they would invariably ask her, "Do you know Dax?" and then they would talk about the old basketball exploits etc... There is hardly a week goes by that this doesn't happen. (and my ego gets larger all the while!)

So in a round of bout way, that is why she dreads me and the boys reliving the "Glory Days".

Well work has been wild, we had a bunch of storms and telephones do not like lightning or water or wind so we have been working 7 to 7 trying to get people talking or their internet going faster. For all of you who complain about the slow dialup connection, I need to fill you in on something. The longer your copper distance from the central office, the slower it will be (i.e. if you live in the boonies, it isn't gonna be fast at all!) Think of it this way, you are trying to run a late 20th century piece of equipment on a 19th century invention...it wasn't designed for much more then voice!

Now that I am off the soapbox....

Back to Mr. Atkins lifestyle!

Dax

Desiree
07-08-2004, 07:22 AM
Welcome back to Atkins, Dax!!!

And there's nothing wrong with a little ego inflating every now and then!! :) Does your wife like sports? Maybe somehow she can join in the conversation and it won't be so bad for her? (Honestly, I hate reunions too, I couldn't stand the people I went to HS with anyways and only keep in touch with 2 people from HS)

Well welcome back to Atkins! Good luck!

myhandd
07-09-2004, 12:00 AM
Oh my goodness Desiree...

My wife could care less about sports. Amazingly she loved it when we dated, did I marry the woman that I dated...sometimes I wonder!lol

Well I am back on the Atkins train, got my water in and things are rolling. A coworker even asked me to help him lose 25-30 lbs, I gladly agreed to be there for him.

Well gotta run!

Mr. Atkins disciple signing off!

Dax

gadizlover
07-09-2004, 12:41 AM
Glad to hear you're back on plan Dax!

So let me see- that means what- a pound of bacon for breakfast- couple steaks for lunch and 1/2 dozen pork chops for dinner?
I feel your pain. :sad: :teeth: ( I love counting my WW points, I love counting my WW points)

Seriously I'm glad your back on board. Having a recruit is a great way to be accountable.

Take care-

wilderness01
07-09-2004, 08:52 AM
My wife could care less about sports. Amazingly she loved it when we dated, did I marry the woman that I dated...sometimes I wonder!lol

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: You sound like my husband! I don't hate sports but I don't love it like I did when we dated. Too many other priorities now with kids.... That's my story and I'm sticking to it!;)

toystoryduo
07-09-2004, 05:16 PM
Hey Dax,
Glad to hear that you are doing well and that you are back on the Atkin's train. :moped: (Okay, okay... I know it's a moped, but they don't have a train smilie. At least they both have wheels.:teeth: )

As for eBay... We aren't major power sellers or anything like that. Basically, we started doing it last year and decided that if we wanted to go to WDW, we would need to get a bit more serious about our eBaying. So, what I have been doing is two things. #1. I have been cleaning out my house like crazy and have been selling some of that stuff on eBay. (Garage sale too) #2. On the weekends, I take a few dollars and canvas local garage sales for things that sell. So far, I have been doing well on books and VHS movies as well as some other miscellaneous items.

I spend about 1-2 hours a day listing items. (That and shipping items are the biggest time consumers when it comes to eBay.) Then, I download all of my listings at one time, preferably in the evening between 7-10:00 p.m. EST. (That way, they will close in the evening too when more people are logged onto eBay.) I check my auctions frequently and answer any e-mails potential buyers send. Once the auctions end and our customers make their payments, we ship the item out and complete feedback.

Lately, we have been having a problem with people who bid and win, but choose not to pay. I have had three transactions like that in the past couple of months and it is frustrating.

Overall, eBay has been a great experience. Frustrating at times, but when you buy something at a garage sale for .50 and it sells for $51, it is worth it!

Hope this helps! Have a great weekend!

myhandd
07-17-2004, 08:43 PM
Hello everyone,

It has been wild around here. Most of Kentucky got a big wind storm (winds of about 80 mph) and power has been out in Louisville the last half of the week and major parts of the states phone service has been out. Luckily my area missed all that, we have loaned most of our workforce to the hard hit areas and everyone is working 12 hours per day trying to get it up and going again. So, I haven't been here in a while.

Well I am just about back to my low loss poundage, so expect a weight loss update soon! I have a class reunion next week, (15 years, where have they gone!)

Well gotta run!

Dax

gadizlover
07-20-2004, 08:29 PM
I was wondering where you had wandered off to!:teeth:

Can't wait to see your clippies start turning again!::yes::
I found a way to lose weight really fast- but I don't recommend it!
I got a bad case of stomach flu- the only good thing was looking at the scale this morning. :hyper:
But, I think I'll just stick to my diet and exercise in the future.;)

Hope things have slowed down for you workwise- check in and let us know how that reunion went.

DisneyEnthusiastic
07-20-2004, 11:51 PM
Hi Dax! I just read through your journal and it is fun to read! Not only are you inspirational...but bring a comical edge to losing weight! I can't wait to read more!

toystoryduo
07-21-2004, 09:07 AM
Hey Dax,
Stopping by to say :wave: and see how things are going. Have a great day!

myhandd
07-24-2004, 11:32 AM
Hey guys,

Long time no see! Disney Enthusiastic thanks for coming by, always nice to get a new Wish friend!

Well folks to continue the never ending saga of telephone man, I will be attending yet another training class on telephone repair in Nashville this week. Will last 4 days and I will learn a bit about DSL which I am really stoked about.

Also, in other news, I have a 15 year h.s. reunion tonight. For my regulars you will recall my other comments about this reunion. Get this, they asked for a family picture to include in a book they were gving out. We took one right before I went to pole climbing school and let me tell you, I was looking gooooood! (As was my family!) We sent the picture to my friend who is on the committee in plenty of time for publication. 2 nights ago, she called my wife and said that somehow the publisher put our spot in the book but failed to get our picture in there. It's a big blank! I am considering legal action against the publisher, reunion committee, the postal service, and anyone else I can think of!!!!!! (just kidding).

Well I'll hope to let you all know how the reunion goes before I leave Sunday night!

Bye,

Dax

gadizlover
07-24-2004, 07:25 PM
Oh Dax,

Well, I say, get a bunch of color copies made- get some glue sticks, and just set up a little table right next to where they are giving out the books. Have them stop by your table, a few swipes of the glue stick- turn to your blank page and slap that picture right in there. All fixed!:teeth:

Have a great time at the reunion tonight!

myhandd
07-25-2004, 02:22 AM
Well well,

I had a blast at my reunion! Everyone was so friendly. The crowd was quite a bit smaller than at the 10 year but the quality was great. We graduated 292 and I bet about 60 came but we had a blast.

Later,

Dax

Desiree
07-25-2004, 08:52 AM
Glad you had a good time Dax. Sorry to hear about the photo snafu, but just think, in the next 5 years how even better you are going to look and your family too! So I think come your 20 year, you'll wow them even more!

Good luck with the upcoming DSL school!!!

DoeWDW
08-02-2004, 10:17 AM
Dax, hope the training went well last week! I also hope you didn't have too much trouble finding Atkins-friendly food while there. Those continental breakfasts were NOT meant for us low-carbers!!

Glad to hear you had a great time at your reunion!

Hope today is a wonderful day! :sunny:

toystoryduo
08-03-2004, 08:14 AM
Hey Dax,
I'm glad to hear that you had a great time at your reunion.::yes:: I hope that you and your family are doing well. Have a great Tuesday!

myhandd
08-06-2004, 09:59 PM
Hello everyone,

Well things haven't been going well on the old diet. I am in major stress eating mode what with the possible strike for Bellsouth and everything so, I have made my mind up to get back going tommorrow. I have gained a few pounds but no a tremendous amount!

If you don't hear from me again for awhile I will be working from 7 am to 8 pm trying to replace my striking workforce. I really hope it doesn't come to that. Say a little prayer that CWA and Bell work it out before midnight tommorrow!

Well I'll catch everyone later,

Dax

Tasha+Scott
08-06-2004, 10:23 PM
Hi, Dax! Thanks for posting in my journal. Yes, I live in Mississippi. I am not originally from here but I have lived here for over half of my life now. My grandfather is from here so I have family here. I have lived in several places in NE Mississippi. Before I got married, I lived in Pontotoc. When I got married we lived in Tupelo for a few months. Now we live in Mantachie about 15 min. from Tupelo. I work in Tupelo and attend the community college in Tupelo. So, you may be pretty familiar w/ my location. It is nice to know of someone else who has been here...lol. Thought I was out in the "back woods" all by myself. ;)
I also had a chance to read your latest post and wanted to say good luck with everything. I will be praying for you. I hope everything works out for you!

wilderness01
08-07-2004, 12:34 AM
Hey Dax,

I will keep my fingers crossed that everything works out ok for you and that a strike is avoided. :wizard: :wizard:

Desiree
08-07-2004, 08:42 AM
Hoping also that the strike is avoided. That would be a mess. You can and will get back on track!! We're all rooting for you!

Desiree
08-07-2004, 08:44 AM
Oh I mentioned in my thread, but just in case you don't look there, if your friend needs any help or recommendations with the move, just let me know! :crazy: (I'll convert him to be a Tiger fan in no time flat!) heh heh heh heh

myhandd
08-07-2004, 11:08 PM
OK folks, the prayers were answered...No Strike!!!!!

If you can't tell I am a little excited...!!!!!!!!

Alright my regular readers will remember that I completed climbing school. What that means is that yes I can climb, however, once I get up the pole, fixing the trouble is another thing altogether!!!!

Be glad for the sake of you internet and phones that I am not your cable repairman....

Gotta run!

Dax

toystoryduo
08-08-2004, 07:34 AM
Hey Dax,
Glad to hear that the strike was averted! I bet that is a load off of your mind, huh?:teeth:

Have a great week!

myhandd
08-09-2004, 07:09 PM
Today was the first day back on Atkins full bore no cheating!! I had 5 hotdogs for breakfast and 5 for lunch. For supper I will be having 5 hamburger patties with cheese and ranch dressing!

I hope everyone is doing well.

Later,

Dax

Desiree
08-10-2004, 09:15 AM
Wooo back on track!! You sound really motivated! Good deal! You still getting your basketball playing in?

DoeWDW
08-11-2004, 02:02 PM
Dax is back!!! WOO HOO!! Welcome back to Atkins!! Don't forget your veggies, though! Man was never meant to live on meat alone.....LOL!! :crazy: :teeth:

Glad to hear the strike was averted. I'm hoping that work is going well, and your wife, son and new little princess are doing well.

Have a great day! :sunny:

myhandd
08-29-2004, 01:57 PM
Hey everyone,

Long time no post huh? Well so much is going on. Olivia (the baby) is doing fine although she is stopped up all the time. Not a cold though seems to be allergies, although the docs say babies don't get allergies till later....I dont know.

I started Grad school this week at Murray State. I am going for my MBA. I am taking ECO500, which is macro and micro economics rolled into one.

Gotta go baby is crying!! be back later!

Dax

DoeWDW
09-06-2004, 08:20 PM
Dax, best wishes on your econ class! Not an easy subject but I always found it interesting!

I do hope little princess: Olivia is feeling better soon! I always feel so helpless when I see a sick baby. :(

Have you been asked to help with repairs in Florida?? I heard they were sending crews from all over the country!

Desiree
09-06-2004, 08:32 PM
Hope the little one is feeling better Dax! It's hard when they can't tell you what hurts! I hope the docs can get the allergies under control real soon. It's bad to have that problem at such a young age. I know all about allergy problems!

I replied to your post in my journal about the game. Sorry UK didn't fare so well. You hit the nail on the head about basketball season!

OH, I meant to tell you! I'm going to be an extra in the upcoming movie "Glory Road" that's filming here in Louisiana. It's starring Josh Lucas and I'll be in the crowd scenes at the championship game! It's about the first black starters that won a NCAA National Championship! I'm really excited about it! :) I was also an extra in Everybody's All American when it filmed down here also. :) It's alot of sitting but it should be fun!

wilderness01
09-07-2004, 01:57 AM
Hope the baby is feeling better.:D

DoeWDW
09-07-2004, 07:45 AM
Dax, the only thought that came to mind on your econ problem was this. If you borrow $100 today at 10% interest, you get to use $100 in today's dollars. Inflation is running around 2% - 3% per year, I think. So next year, when you borrow $100, it will be worth less than $100 today, since its value will be lessened by inflation. Yes, you'll still have $100, but it will be worth $97 or $98. Does that make sense?? :p

Hope today is a great one! :sunny:

toystoryduo
09-07-2004, 10:17 AM
Hey Dax!

Stopping by to say hello and see how everything is going. How is Olivia doing? I hope she is feeling better.::yes::

Take care,

myhandd
09-08-2004, 11:51 PM
Hey guys!

Well I had to send 2 of my 9 employees to of all places...Orlando for hurricane recovery today. They will be there at least 8-9 weeks. How jealous am I! i wonder how much I would be at WDW in that time!

Gotta run!

Dax

toystoryduo
10-05-2004, 11:03 AM
Hey Dax!

Just stopping by to see how you and your family are doing. I hope that everyone is doing well!::yes::

Take care,

myhandd
11-20-2004, 07:58 PM
Hello all!

Long time no see:wave:

Well, I have been gone so long that I don't know where to start. Well I gained back about 15 lbs. However, I am back on going strong again and I am going to adjust my clippie to my overall weight loss, because it has gotten too confusing going back and forth like a yoyo!! So as of today, I have lost 48 lbs so that is where the clippie will be. I am currently on a roll with Atkins again and I will keep on going, just had a little 3 or 6 month blip there!

Well I am currently writing a 5 page term paper for my Economics class. As you may recall I have gone back to school and am trying to get my MBA. I gotta run, but to quote George Costanza from Seinfeld, " I'm back baby, I'm Back!!!!!"

The incredible shrinking one!!!

Dax

wilderness01
11-21-2004, 11:11 AM
:wave:

Desiree
11-22-2004, 07:08 AM
Good to see you back Dax!

toystoryduo
11-23-2004, 12:00 AM
Welcome back Dax!!!:wave2: It's good to hear from you! How is your family doing?

Take care,

myhandd
01-08-2005, 03:47 PM
Well things have been wild at work and with school and snow here in Kentucky! I have great news I can now get a new clippie! 50 lbs! :jumping4:

I gotta go walk now but I am shooting for another 50 lbs. this year! I am sure I can do it!

Help me all you guys can....I'll see you all soon!

Dax

Desiree
01-08-2005, 05:22 PM
WOOHOOO!! 50 pounds!!!! That's fantastic, Dax!!!!!

Glad to see you back! How's the family? And little miss Olivia?

Lizzydoll73
01-08-2005, 09:54 PM
:wave2:

myhandd
01-09-2005, 02:19 PM
Hey Lizzy and Desiree,

Olivia is doing great! She is now 8 months old and she just loves her big brother Blake! I hope that continues as they get older....

Well I'm having trouble with my 50 lbs sticky, I'll have to go to tech support and get that fixed...I've never had trouble with them before...

Well DW has decided to start the new year off with a diet. She is going to do Atkins with me for a week or two and then make a decision about what plan to follow. Be thinking about her!

Hey Desiree,

Sorry to see your LSU Tigers go down in the bowl that way...although it does kinda remind you of an LSU win in Lexington a year or two ago huh!?!? You know what they say, what comes around goes around. BTW our friends from BAton Rouge are coming up to visit us here in KY in early February.

Gotta run!

Dax

DisneyEnthusiastic
01-09-2005, 02:25 PM
Congrats on the 50 lbs! :earseek: :Pinkbounc

Desiree
01-09-2005, 04:21 PM
Hey Dax, try putting {img}the website here{/img} and replace the {and }'s with [ and ]

That's great that the kids get along! I bet Olivia is getting big! You should tell your DW to join us here on WISH!

Yea, the LSU game, what can I say. At least Basketball is here, not that our Men are doing very well, but at least we have our Women who are kicking butt! With all the SEC play starting I did think of you up there in Kentucky! Are your friends going to be up there for the LSU/KY game?

myhandd
01-11-2005, 08:57 PM
Lost two more pounds today, getting close to another clippie!

Desiree, our friends are just coming up to see us. He is a trainer at LSU so I think he gets all the sporting events he wants! :D

Later!

Dax

toystoryduo
01-11-2005, 11:03 PM
Great job Dax!!!! How is everything else going for you? Have a great Wednesday!

Desiree
01-12-2005, 08:58 AM
That new clippie is right around the corner! You can do it! :cheer2:

myhandd
01-23-2005, 03:54 PM
Hello everyone,

Well Desiree you were right, the new clippie was just around the corner! 55 lbs. as of yesterday!

This is going so great I can't believe it! Well to all of you who have helped encourage me thanks! :wave2:

Well everything is going pretty well. The family went to Murray yesterday to get my textbook for my Survey of Accounting class, which I really dread. Afterwards, we went to Ryan's and ate the buffet (low carb items only!) I have to admit it does feel really strange to be able to see yeah I am on a diet yet we are eating at a buffet! Oh well.

Went to church this morning. Had trouble staying awake during the sermon as little Miss Olivia chooses not to sleep but about an hour at a time during the night. Couldn't ask for a better baby during the day, but night is another story!

Well gotta run,

Dax

Desiree
01-24-2005, 08:19 AM
Oh gosh Dax, well I hope Olivia will get her sleeping schedule on the right track soon enough!

That's wonderful that Atkins seems to be really working well for you! So I guess we're doing the new clippie dance!!! :jumping3:

Looks like your Wildcats put a whoopin' on us Saturday. Just wait next month when the girls come down here to the Deaf Dome to play us in Women's hoops! Our men's team just doesn't have it this year. And we had a lot of potential to start the season with. Ah well. Not much you can do when Kentucky's bench comes in and clobbers us!

Oh and wait for baseball season too! :smooth:

Have a great week and hopefully you can rest up some!

DoeWDW
01-26-2005, 03:23 PM
:Pinkbounc :cheer2: :Pinkbounc WOO HOO!!! :Pinkbounc :cheer2: :Pinkbounc

Dax is sporting quite a bright 55 lb. clippie these days!! Congratulations!!

Looks like you are back and on track - I'm so happy to hear it!

Juggling work, family (DW + 2 little ones) and school is tough. To lose weight on top of all that is even tougher! Pat yourself on the back, Dax - you are amazing! :worship:

Don't let all this go to your head, now! I want to be celebrating another new clippie SOON, OK? :p

myhandd
01-27-2005, 11:28 PM
Thanks Doe and Desiree, you guys are really great DIS friends and I am so glad to have met you both!

Well first night of accounting was well...there. We are already 3 chapters behind. My teacher is the former head of the business department who just happens to look just like Santa Claus! Beard and all.

I did happen to lose another pound so I hope it is not long before we'll do another Clippie dance! :dancer:

Well gotta run!

Dax

toystoryduo
01-28-2005, 12:39 PM
Hey Dax!

That clippie is looking good! Great job getting back OP!!! Woohoo!

Dax is BACK!!!

My DH has a question for you, so I'm sending you a PM.

Have a great weekend!! :cool1:

myhandd
01-30-2005, 12:41 AM
Had to work today...I have weekend and after hours duty this week from this past Friday until next Friday...oh well! Day went smoothly, noone clipped any telephone poles or such in the middle of the night! :banana:

Got my water in and stayed on track with my carbs today. Had a porterhouse for dinner. This Atkins really is too easy. I am sure that there is some kind of disease or health condition that I will acquire for the ease of the diet! Oh well, its great for now! :cool1:

PS I lost yet another pound, only 3 more to go for my next clippie!

Gotta run, see you guys later!

Dax

Alysa
01-30-2005, 08:41 AM
Wow - 55 pounds lost, new baby and MBA - you go guy! :cheer2:

wilderness01
01-30-2005, 01:56 PM
Hey congrats on all the pounds gone. You are doing great. Have a nice Sunday. :earsboy:

Desiree
01-31-2005, 08:34 AM
Wooohooo! Keep up the good work!

myhandd
02-04-2005, 09:35 PM
Hey guys,

Want to request a prayer from those of you who do. My next door neighbor, a gentleman about 78 years old, has been diagnosed with lung cancer. If you will take a minute and remember him in prayer. He has been so wonderful to us especially our little boy, Mr. George has been almost a third grandfather to our son.

Thanks so much!

Dax

Desiree
02-05-2005, 07:22 AM
Prayers are on the way, Dax!

toystoryduo
02-05-2005, 10:03 AM
Prayers are on the way, Dax.

myhandd
02-07-2005, 10:14 AM
Hey guys, thank so much for the prayers! :love2:

Dax

Alysa
02-07-2005, 01:03 PM
Thiking about you and your neighbour and sending up a prayer for him!

toystoryduo
02-09-2005, 11:26 PM
Dax,

Just wanted to stop by and say thank you for the Dave Ramsey recommendation! I started reading his Total Money Makeover book. It's very good! Thanks, Dax!

myhandd
02-18-2005, 11:14 PM
Just stopping bye to say hi guys! I hit a wall the last couple of weeks, but I am back on track and am only 2 lbs from another clippie!

Dax

toystoryduo
02-19-2005, 08:25 AM
Only 2 lbs. from a new clippie, huh? That is great Dax! We'll be looking for it in your signature soon! :cool1:

Have a great weekend!

myhandd
03-06-2005, 12:35 AM
Hey folks,

Well, the old diet has not been going that well. I've taken a few weeks to kinda halfway old Mr. Atkins and for those of you who do that, you know that you do not go down. I don't feel all that bad though, I was 274 so only up 2 lbs. I am going to be going to Louisville, KY this week and Pigeon Forge, TN for 3 days next week so I think I will mix in lots of steak, eggs and bacon! I'll let everyone know the results!

Later,

Dax

Desiree
03-06-2005, 08:15 AM
Hiya Dax!

Glad it was ony a 2 lb increase! You'll be back in business in no time! Have fun at Louisville and Pigeon Forge!

PS. Basketball sure is getting exciting now!

toystoryduo
03-06-2005, 09:23 AM
Hey Dax!

Thanks for stopping by my journal! To answer your question: Yep! We're still doing Dave Ramsey's Money Makeover. We are on our way to saving our rainy day fund and have managed to put a small amount of money down for debt reduction. We recently listed a piece of land that we own, so we are praying that God would bring us a buyer and that the transaction would be quick, smooth, and problem free. The sale of that property would help us out immensely! DH is also working 2 full time jobs temporarily to help jumpstart the process as well. Thanks again for for the Dave Ramsey recommendation!

2 pounds up isn't that bad. I know that once you get back on Atkins full time, the weight will just drop right off!

Have a great weekend!

myhandd
03-06-2005, 05:41 PM
Hey guys,

Just when I was singing the blues, I lost 3 pounds yesterday and am down to 271! One more pound for the new clippie! It really motivated me to get out and walk today for an hour.

I'll let everyone know when the new clippie dance can begin!

Dax

myhandd
03-20-2005, 06:55 PM
Well I finally got that clippie!

Dax

toystoryduo
03-21-2005, 11:18 AM
Congrats Dax!!!! Keep up the good work! :cool1:

myhandd
03-31-2005, 10:50 PM
Well, I've got another clippie! No. 65!

I've got to be weighed on April 18 and it is a good feeling knowing that I am under weight!

Later,

Dax

toystoryduo
04-01-2005, 10:55 PM
Way to go Dax!!!

Keep on collecting those clippies and you will make your goal! :cool1: Have a great weekend! :sunny:

myhandd
10-21-2005, 01:22 AM
Ok, so maybe i did take 6 months off...I'm back baby! Ready to go. I have even got out favorite Cajun girl, Desiree back on track!

Get out of my way, here i come!

Dax

Desiree
10-21-2005, 04:57 AM
Glad to hear that you and the wife are back on track with Atkins! I think I may try to make another attempt at Oprah's Boot Camp again. I'm actually glad that you visited my journal. I needed to wipe the dust off of it and get going again!

Good luck Saturday at the game! Are you going to pitch?

Give the kiddos a hug for me! I bet the baby is getting big!

toystoryduo
10-21-2005, 07:37 AM
Hey Dax!

Good to see you back! :goodvibes You'll have to update us on all of the goings on in Daxland.... ::yes::

Have a great weekend and good luck at the game Saturday! :sunny:

myhandd
10-22-2005, 04:17 PM
Hey guys,

The alumni game went great. I went 3 for 4 batting. A funny moment at the beginning though. My first at bat, I checked my swing and hit a little weak dribbler down to third base which resulted in a double play. The bad part was though, I took one step toward first and just busted it and ate dirt! Yes, I stumbled and fell. The guys who were there from my group just died laughing, and of course I did too. The other three at bats I really hit the ball hard. I had the time of my life. My wife and kids came and cheered daddy on. There were about 7 or 8 guys from my time period on the college baseball team there and we had a great time.

Toystory, I can always count on you to be here when I get going! Thanks, I love to hear from you and Desiree.

Desiree, I didn't pitch this year. I don't know if I told you but when I played at Murray State I was a pitcher and a position player. I like to joke that I started out as a left field and ate my way to first base.

Anyway great to hear from you guys again and I lost a half pound yesterday!

Later,

Dax

toystoryduo
10-22-2005, 04:59 PM
Hey Dax!

Sounds like a win-win situation to me: You had a great time at the game, you went 3 for 4 batting , and you lost a half pound! :bounce: Good times all the way around! :goodvibes

Also, I must congratulate you on turning your brother into a Disney fan! :earsboy: I bet that they had a great trip! :teeth: We are soooo looking forward to ours for many different reasons. ::yes::

Hope your Saturday is going well! Take care! :goodvibes

Desiree
10-23-2005, 09:25 AM
Hehe Sorry about the dirt eating! But it sounds like you had a blast!! And 3 for 4! WOOOHOOOO :cheer2:

Ah now that your brother has discovered Disney, y'all can plan a family gathering down there! (Any excuse is a good excuse to go to WDW!)

I ate too much at tailgating yesterday but I did manage to hit the gym before I left, so maybe that evened out with the slice of cake I ate. We were hoping to make it over to the baseball stadium yesterday too, as the team was scrimmaging (fall ball). But we ran out of time. I wanted to go check out Mike the Tiger's new cage anyway and check out the renovations that were done to the PMAC. I guess I'll have to wait until February for baseball!

Keep on making those scales go downward!

Cruise04
10-25-2005, 10:00 PM
Welcome back and getting back on track!!!! Good for you for sticking back at it! You can do it!

Keep on :banana: :banana:
Chris

myhandd
10-29-2005, 01:00 AM
Hey guys,

Tough week at work. The boss is on vacation until the 7th starting this past Tuesday, which we all looked forward to, because you can get a lot done while the boss is gone, but wouldn't you know it, they schedule a 3 day safety audit for next week. Anyway, we've been running around like chickens with our heads cut off and I have gotten zero done except double checking my guys safety stuff!

Oh well, we are going to see Kentucky and Mississippi State play football tommorrow. It is Kentucky's homecoming and I have never seen the Cats play football in person. We are taking our friends Kim and Kent. My DW of course is a Mississippi State grad. and she claims that she will be cheering for MSU, but I know that she knows next to nothing about sports so it should be interesting...

Well gotta go to bed see you guys!

Dax