PDA

View Full Version : Satine's Quest for Smaller Jeans(Comments Welcome of Course)

CourtasanSatine
02-01-2004, 01:22 PM
My quest for smaller jeans stars with my favorite pair of black jeans that got a mystery hole.I came to realize that I do need to lose no more than 10 or so pounds.The goal: a killer looking pair of black jeans at the mall with a belt from the accerios section of Wal Mart.

Menu will be posted later today and I'm doing sit ups and crunches during the Q.E marthon as a work out.Watching Carson crack jokes makes the time fly

Info: 24 y/o female not on a program.I'm involved with DBF and it'll be 2 years in August.I'm hoping to start tech school this fall in computers or web design and will be looking for a part time job this summer.My idea of fun: movies or karaoke with DBF and watching my dvds

anyone know of good workout videos or dvds that will not make me crazy or bored? I'm game to try things like kickboxing or various kinds of dance

DavidandDenise
02-01-2004, 03:10 PM
Hey, welcome, there's nothing wrong with wanting smaller jeans. I'm 24, too, and am just trying to slim down and lose 15-20lbs. My first goal is 10 and I'll see how I feel (look). :) I know you said you're not on a plan, but do you watch what you eat and/or have a plan for your workouts? Tae bo can be a fun workout tape, but imho, Billy Banks can get a little annoying after awhile. A lot of women on here really like Walk Away the Pounds; I've never used it, but I think it's great if you're justing getting into working out. Good luck with your venture; let me know if I can help in any way. :wave:

CourtasanSatine
02-01-2004, 11:45 PM
today's menu:

breakfast: cup of mocha from a mix
late lunch: 2 pieces of chicken without the skin,1 piece of cornbread,water
late snack: baggie of totilla chips,half package of crackers with peanut butter,more water unless I make another mocha

excrises: sit ups during the QE marthon and danced through my cd of Chicago(movie)

Castillo Mom
02-01-2004, 11:47 PM
Welcome to WISH! Thanks for posting to my journal. I'm sure you'll get those 10 pounds off in no time. Will you be following any particular type of plan? Looks like you're doing low fat.:D

CourtasanSatine
02-01-2004, 11:54 PM
Castillo Mom: I'm doing sensible eating and low fat combo for now,my life is too crazy for a program if I go back to school.I'm shooting to lose the weight by V-Day to buy the jeans before hand

marsh0013
02-02-2004, 09:06 AM
hi and welcome to wish! thanks for posting to my journal too :)

as long as you have the motivation (which i know that you do!), i'm sure you can get that weight off and fit into those jeans by v-day. no problem :).

if i may offer a little advice...just from the one day you posted, please make sure you're eating *enough* food. maybe that wasn't your entire menu of food for the day, i just want to make sure. as a female, you shouldn't eat less than 1200 calories per day. you can run your food through fitday.com to calculate it for you. sorry if this seems like i'm overstepping boundaries or anything, i just want to make sure you're losing weight a healthy way. and feel free to tell me i'm crazy if i'm reading you wrong :crazy:

have a great day today :sunny:

DoeWDW
02-02-2004, 09:10 AM
I had the same feeling as Marsha - are you eating enough or did you just leave some things out of your journal? We don't want your metabolism to slow down and make weight loss extra hard!

I'm guessing you'll be in those skinny black jeans in no time! Good for you for nipping it in the bud before you gain too much more!

Hope you have a wonderful day! :sunny:

CourtasanSatine
02-02-2004, 09:23 PM
today's food entry:

breakfast: cup of mocha(mix)
late lunch: can of chicken noodle soup,crackers,water
late supper: another can of soup,water
snack: 2 bags of skittles,4 squares of choclate,bag of microwave popcorn

day off from excrises but will be hoofing the public library tommorw for a workout

I did recheck yesterday's journal and saw I did forget a taco from Taco Bell(soft and from a run pre Super Bowl) must have forget to check after the game:)

marsh0013
02-03-2004, 08:26 AM
you must really love cans of soup! is there any way you could make the soup homemade instead of eating cans? i know cans have a lot of sodium, and that could contribute to making you bloated if you body holds water weight (and that'll make those jeans seem tighter than they really should be! :eek: ).

hope you have a great day today :sunny:

CourtasanSatine
02-03-2004, 09:03 AM
marica: yesterday was pressed for time so cans just make the work easy by nurking the soup.But it was chicken noodle from Campbells via can

so far food wise:

breakfast: 2 bowls of Fruit Harvest cereal with milk

CourtasanSatine
02-03-2004, 12:26 PM
lunch:

another can of soup from the microwave,4 crackers and a bottle of water

excrise: hoofing the public library and taking the stairs to find those books

CourtasanSatine
02-03-2004, 10:54 PM
snack:Dr.Pepper and Snickers bar
dinner: small beef pattie and 1 cup mac and cheese
late snack: another bottle of Dr.Pepper

I hoofed the stairs at least a dozen times to to find one book and a old movie on dvd so I did pretty good workout wise

marsh0013
02-04-2004, 08:38 AM
aren't libraries so much fun? :rolleyes: gotta love all those stairs! but at least it did give you a chance to get some exercise in. good job :)

hope you have a great day :sunny:

DoeWDW
02-04-2004, 10:22 AM
I LOVE the library!! I always find so much great stuff that I want to read / watch and it's all FREE!! Good for you for taking the stairs!

I'm glad to see you had some protein yesterday at dinner. Your body needs protein to maintain itself. If you don't eat enough, then your body steals from the only internal protein source it has - your muscles. Not healthy - you NEED those muscles for all that walking to the library! :p

Take good care of you!! :sunny:

LAinSEA
02-04-2004, 02:41 PM
Satine:

Try finding a dance class - ballet/stretch and jazz, tap or hip hop. Dancing creates long, lean muscles. Pilates also encourages the same.

I used to take dance classes until my work schedule made it impossible. I try to do the Windsor Pilates DVD 3 times a week. As well as walking 40 minutes 5 times a week. (I'm a short 5'3 1/2" and need all the long-lean exercises I can get.)

Watch your junk food intake and get some excercise and you'll be into those "skinny jeans" in no time at all. (ah, to be 24 again!)

-Laurie

:sunny:

CourtasanSatine
02-04-2004, 04:01 PM
so far food wise

breakfast: cup of coffee
lunch: Arby's roast beef sandwhich and fries, dr.pepper

may work through my Moulin Rouge dvd to learn the dances

ZerasPride
02-04-2004, 09:11 PM
Hi!

I had to come over and check your journal out! I wish I could fit into some skinny jeans! Maybe one day. I love the library too. I was going to buy this book, "Passing for Thin" and the bookstore wanted almost $25 for it in hardback but it dawned on me to try my local library where I can read it for F-R-E-E. I was put on the waiting list and as soon as the book is available, I will have a copy in my hot little hands. Sometimes I forget about the library and how educational and just plain fun it can be. Did I mention that you can check out items for free?

Have a good evening and I'll check back on you later!

Strings
02-04-2004, 09:40 PM
Hi Satine,

Thanks for checking in on me. Have you done any searches on dance workout DVDs? Dancing is a great way to burn calories AND have fun. Now if I was only coordinated enough to actually do it. You'll be in those jeans in no time. Try not to skip breakfast though. You need to umpstart your metabolism in the AM.
Keep up the good work.
Beth

CourtasanSatine
02-04-2004, 09:57 PM
Strings: The one dance workout dvd I found drove me nuts,it went too slow for me(I took lessons from 6th grade through 12th and made it to almost advanced level in jazz and hip hop).I found learning dance scenes from musicals more fun anyway(current challenge: Hot Honey Rag from Chicago) but I'll look for more workout dvd's,may have just got a bad one

dinner: 4 slices of pizza,Diet Dr.Pepper
late snack: bag of microwave popcorn

time to make late journal rounds:)

DavidandDenise
02-05-2004, 08:14 AM
Satine~Thanks for stopping by my journal! I agree with Strings--don't just have coffee for breakfast--it's the most important meal of the day. I'm sure you'll learn that dance in no time. Maybe the library has some workout videos you can try before you purchase one--if you find one you like, great--buy it! Also, I was glad to see you substituted a diet Dr. Pepper with dinner; no one needs those pesky calories that come with a regular one. Careful with those diet colas though--make sure you're getting enough calcium for you bones. Have a great day! I'll check in on you later. :wave2:

CourtasanSatine
02-05-2004, 08:42 AM
I'm usually not hungry this early in the day,which usually explains just coffee for breakfast

breakfast: coffee and some cold pizza

today's dinner is a planned cheat,going to a pizza buffet so I'll have fun but will try to be good

marsh0013
02-05-2004, 09:34 AM
good luck with that pizza buffet! enjoy the food, i'm sure there will be lots of yummy goodness. and since you're planning it as a cheat, don't beat yourself up too bad about it :)

sounds like fun learning all those dance routines from movies. definitely a very creative way to get some exercise in! i am with everybody else that says i don't have the coordination to do it though! i'll stick to running...one foot in front of the other :crazy:

CourtasanSatine
02-05-2004, 09:42 AM
the dance from movies comes from having taken lessons for all those years,the dance workout dvd's I've tried made me crazy since it went too slow so something like "Hot Honey Rag" from "Chicago" or the can can from "Moulin Rouge" is my idea of a challenge(I would love to try stuff from Save the Last Dance or You Got served)

CourtasanSatine
02-05-2004, 10:48 PM
here's the rest of the day plus my cheat dinner

lunch:

8 small buffalo wings and water

dinner(planned cheat but change of place,went to Golden Corral insted of pizza)

2 pieces of chicken with southwesten cheese sauce and peppers
2 slices pizza
2 rolls
1 orange sherbet cone
4 small cookies
1 small cone of m&m's
2 glasses of Spirte

midnight snack:

bag of skittles
microwave popcorn
starbust
can of Pepsi

I'm not beating myself up over dinner but will go a workout tape in a few minutes

on the DBF front: we talked over IM and he's coming in for V-Day,those jeans are less than a week away

CourtasanSatine
02-06-2004, 12:27 PM
the workout tape drove me nuts,too slow and a little annoying

breakfast:

coffee(lack of time)

workout: hoofing the library staircases again

lunch:

Drive through window day(more than likley Taco Bell)

marsh0013
02-06-2004, 02:20 PM
that's great that dbf is coming for vday! that's definitely gotta be a great motivating factor! good idea to up the exercise after going a bit overboard. it would probably help to load up on the water too. just a suggestion :)

and you sure do get a lot of workout in with all those library trips! looks like a great plan for you :). keep it up, those jeans will be yours in no time :hyper:

CourtasanSatine
02-07-2004, 02:45 PM
yesterday's dinner

1 bowl of frito pie

breakfast

coffee
bowl of cereal

lunch:

turkey sandwich

DavidandDenise
02-07-2004, 03:07 PM
I'm so excited for you about DBF coming to visit! One week to go! What's the plan of attack? Keep up the good work! You seem to be doing well sneaking in exercise. I'll check in on you tomorrow--have a great day!

CourtasanSatine
02-07-2004, 07:27 PM
dinner:

2 turkey sandwhichs with BBQ sauce

snack:

microwace popcorn
Dr.Pepper

DavidandDenise
02-08-2004, 01:46 PM
Hey, I'm just curious if you've noticed a difference in your energy or snacking since you've had a real breakfast a couple days? Keep up the good work--remember, breakfast is important! Have a great day!

CourtasanSatine
02-08-2004, 09:46 PM
Denise: I still snack but I've been better about it lately

lulu201
02-09-2004, 07:56 AM
:sunny: Good morning, Satine. :sunny: Did you eat your breakfast this morning? Did you have a glass of water? C'mon, now, girlfriend, treat yourself right. Here's a :hug: and some :wizard: to help you start a new week. It won't be long
'til your skinny jeans weekend when dbf sees how fab you look!

Erin

CourtasanSatine
02-09-2004, 08:41 AM
those jeans are in my site,only a few more days before I buy them and DBF comes in on V-Day.

Breakfast:

glass of water
slice of cold pizza

tommorow's workout: more stairs at the library and today's is up in the head

Strings
02-09-2004, 08:49 AM
Keep going Satine. You're almost there. Think how great you'll look in those jeans.
:sunny:
Beth

marsh0013
02-09-2004, 09:49 AM
you're doing a great job satine, i'm glad to see you're eating in the morning (even though i know you don't like it! :p ), getting in your water, and your exercise! keep up the great work :bounce:

have a great day today :sunny:

CourtasanSatine
02-09-2004, 10:06 AM
I drink enough water to give Nemo a decent fish tank(small joke since I rented Finding Nemo over the weekend :) )

CourtasanSatine
02-09-2004, 02:18 PM
lunch:

turkey snadwich
water

Castillo Mom
02-09-2004, 03:28 PM
You drank your water, yay! That's a tough one for me, I'm still working on that. Keep up the good work and you'll fit into those jeans in no time!:D

CourtasanSatine
02-09-2004, 10:58 PM
dinner:

small bowl of noodles
water
peanut butter sandwich

snack:
baggie of vanilla wafers

marsh0013
02-10-2004, 08:21 AM
good morning satine! just stopping by to wish you a wonderful day :sunny:

DavidandDenise
02-10-2004, 08:27 AM
Hey congrats on the water! When is shopping day? I can't wait to here the results--I hope you won't leave us after the 14th. Have a great day! :wave:

CourtasanSatine
02-10-2004, 11:12 AM
shopping day is either Thursday or Friday as of now

breakfast:

water
cereal

snack:
bottle of Dr.Pepper

I'll still be here:)

CourtasanSatine
02-10-2004, 11:27 PM
dinner:

small bowl of stew
water
slice of cornbread

snack:
mocha from a mix
peanut butter sandwhich

lulu201
02-11-2004, 07:27 AM
:sunny: and :D for your Wednesday, Satine. Take care of yourself. Hey, drink some water. :p

Erin

DavidandDenise
02-11-2004, 08:36 AM
Awesome! I can't wait for a full report about shopping day! Have a great day! :)

CourtasanSatine
02-11-2004, 10:05 AM
breakfast:

peanut butter sandwich
water

I'm drinking enough water to stock a fish tank;)

marsh0013
02-11-2004, 10:15 AM
i'm with you on the water! i don't bother to really keep track of it (like writing it down or anything), because whenever i think about it, i know i'm drinking plenty! i have a tumbler that's about 12 oz that i fill up and drink at least 5 times at work. plus a 33 oz water bottle while running, then another after. and a cup with breakfast, lunch, and dinner. and i always have a bottle with me after work wherever i go! we can be fish together :p

CourtasanSatine
02-11-2004, 10:35 AM
the jeans are getting smaller,I borrowed a pair of my mom's to run earrns yesterday since I needed to do landry and they are getting smaller

CourtasanSatine
02-11-2004, 06:21 PM
dinner:

bowl of rice

snack:

peanut butter sandwhich

LAinSEA
02-11-2004, 07:16 PM
I'm with you on the water...I'm much better at getting what I need while at work (until the great Tuesday water shortage). The trick is to actually time the runs to the ladies between shows!

But water intake is very important. You're doing great.

-Laurie

CourtasanSatine
02-11-2004, 11:27 PM
add about another 24 ounces of water to the day's total

DavidandDenise
02-12-2004, 07:59 AM
You are doing so great with water--keep it up! I do much better at school than I do at home. I keep trying to increase my water intake, but I struggle to get over 50oz or so. Congrats on you new changes--stick with it. Have a great day! :sunny:

Strings
02-12-2004, 06:49 PM
Hey Satine,

Great job on the water. I'm sure the jeans will fit. Enjoy VDay with DBF.

Beth

CourtasanSatine
02-12-2004, 10:15 PM
dinner(unplanned cheat but it's ok)

2 rounds through the pizza buffet
plate of salad
plate of pasta with sauce

lulu201
02-13-2004, 05:15 AM
:sunny: :sunny: Good morning, Satine!:sunny: :sunny:
Enjoy your time with DBF this weekend. :love2:

Erin

DavidandDenise
02-13-2004, 07:51 AM
Have fun shopping and have a great weekend with DBF!!!! We'll be thinking of you. :sunny:

marsh0013
02-13-2004, 10:29 AM
vday is almost upon us...so what's the verdict? hope you got some killer jeans!!! have a great vday tomorrow with dbf! :bounce:

CourtasanSatine
02-14-2004, 11:45 AM
yesterday's dinner and snack

Subway foot long(steak and cheese)
a few pieces of candy

I did get the jeans a little smaller and seeing DBF tonight!

CourtasanSatine
02-14-2004, 01:13 PM
lunch

Smart Ones Lasgana

dinner is a big time cheat:)

marsh0013
02-15-2004, 10:22 AM
hope you had a great vday! let us know how it went! :bounce:

DavidandDenise
02-15-2004, 10:22 AM
Congrats on the smaller jeans! I hope you had a great time last night. Don't worry about the cheat dinner; you deserve it and it's a special night. Have a great day! :sunny:

ZerasPride
02-16-2004, 09:04 AM
Another congratulations on the smaller jeans. Doesn't that feel great! Keep up the good work.

CourtasanSatine
02-17-2004, 01:47 AM
V-Day part one was great:) DBF gave me a candy rose and a teddy bear(plus a James Bond dvd as a late Christmas present).Part 2 is in 2 weeks since we rainchecked the nice dinner and move for then(which means another cheat in the works so gotta be good).I gave him the Footloose soundtrack on cd,a small stuffed animal and a bag of candy(plus a guy friendly necklace for Christmas)

I'll catch up in the morning on journals

lulu201
02-17-2004, 07:27 AM
:sunny: :sunny: Lots of sunshine for your new Tuesday, Satine. :sunny: :sunny: It sounds like you and DBF had a lovely time together. :D

Erin

DavidandDenise
02-17-2004, 08:10 AM
Glad you had a good time! Can't wait for part 2! I'm sure you'll have no problems working that cheat in since you know about it so far ahead of time. ::yes:: Have a great day! :sunny:

marsh0013
02-17-2004, 08:52 AM
glad you had a great vday! sounds like it was very nice. and part 2 should be wonderful as well :smooth:

CourtasanSatine
02-17-2004, 01:45 PM
breakfast:

coffee(lack of time)
toast

snack:
bottle of Dr.Pepper
Milky Way bar

dinner:
to be posted later

excerise:

the library staircase

marsh0013
02-18-2004, 08:15 AM
gooood morning, hope you have a great day today :sunny:

CourtasanSatine
02-21-2004, 01:07 AM
menu for Friday

breakfast:
coffee

lunch:
cheeseburger and fries from Burger Kinf

Dinner:
low carb tv dinner

tommorow is a cheat day with Chinese for lunch

lulu201
02-22-2004, 08:16 PM
Just dropped by to say "hi" and bring some :sunny: for your Monday morning. Take care!

Erin

CourtasanSatine
02-22-2004, 11:49 PM
Saturday menu:

breakfast:

coffee
cereal bar

lunch:
3 rounds of Chinese buffet
2 sodas

dinner:
roast beef sandwhich

I'll play catch up tommorow :sunny:

marsh0013
02-23-2004, 01:13 PM
just popping in to check on you. hope you're doing well :)

DoeWDW
03-01-2004, 02:38 PM
Hi Satine! :wave:

Just wanted to drop by and check in on you! Did you get to see DBF this past weekend?

Hope all is well!

CourtasanSatine
03-16-2004, 10:40 AM
I know it's been ages since a proper update but if all goes well I'll see DBF tonight.I'm trying to drop 5 or so pounds of stress eating after a week of soild worry(see the vibes needed for me and dbf thread for more at cb)

CourtasanSatine
03-17-2004, 12:28 AM
:bounce:

lulu201
03-17-2004, 06:56 AM
:bounce: Here's another green bounce for your St. Patrick's Day.:bounce: Take care, now.

Erin

marsh0013
03-17-2004, 11:48 AM
here's some good vibes for you and dbf :goodvibes . i'll try to head over to the cb to check out your thread once i finish with journals.

hope you have a great day :sunny:

CourtasanSatine
03-17-2004, 11:33 PM
I'm guilty of major stress eating with all my problems.But I'm making goal before DBf and I go on our summer road trip(he says I may be able to go to Fiesta Texas with him and his dad's family this summer)

marsh0013
03-18-2004, 11:51 AM
hey satine, i'm so sorry you're going through major stresses right now, big :hug: . just do your best to stick to your plan, i know you can do it! good luck making your goal by your road trip! what is your goal? i don't recall reading it. anyway, good luck whatever it is :)

hope you're feeling better today :goodvibes

CourtasanSatine
03-18-2004, 01:13 PM
goal is to lose 10 pounds give or take

DoeWDW
03-18-2004, 01:27 PM
Hang in there!! I hope all is going better for you! :sunny:

Fiesta Texas sounds like such fun!! :Pinkbounc

CourtasanSatine
03-19-2004, 11:13 AM
things may just be looking up :bounce:

CourtasanSatine
03-26-2004, 11:48 PM
ok,I'm guilty of major stress eating.After 3 candy bars,a pint of ice cream and 2 pepsi's I feel just as miserbale and worried sick.DBF's crisis with BIL is in a grey area and I do worry

marsh0013
03-30-2004, 10:09 AM
hey, i'm just stopping by to check in on you. i'm sorry things don't seem to be going well for you right now :hug: . i hope everything is okay and that things start to get better for you :sunny:

DoeWDW
03-30-2004, 10:46 AM
You can journal, even if you're not eating the healthiest stuff. Sometimes it helps! If you're prone to emotional eating then maybe you can try eating something filling that won't contain too many calories. If I'm really in the mood to eat emotionally, I try to head toward popcorn - you can eat a TON without doing too much damage. :D

I also think exercise helps to relieve stress & worry so maybe you could get out for a walk or run, or do some other kind of physical activity.

I hope things start going better soon! :sunny:

CourtasanSatine
04-20-2004, 10:37 AM
ok,first entry in ages but here goes:

DBF's crisis may be getting better but still in that grey place(he keeps me updated by phne and IM)

I'm hopefully going back to school come fall but not sure yet

I'm trying to lose those 10 pounds before DBF and I go on our road trip this summer

Breakfast: coffee

DoeWDW
04-20-2004, 10:45 AM
:wave2: I'm happy to see you! Take good care of you, OK?

CourtasanSatine
04-20-2004, 11:27 AM
I'm trying to be good but it's hard

DoeWDW
04-20-2004, 11:32 AM
You don't have to be perfect or even good - how about being just a little bit better than yesterday?

I'll continue to keep you and your DBF in my prayers. Hope things work out soon. ::yes::

CourtasanSatine
04-20-2004, 12:05 PM
that's the plan for now,just do better than yesterday

CourtasanSatine
04-20-2004, 09:32 PM
dinner: some rice and a meat pattie(too upset to eat)

I do feel crummy,my brother won a scholarship and I feel pretty dumb at the moment.Try living up to that(I'm calling DBF pretty soon which always helps)

CourtasanSatine
04-21-2004, 11:06 AM
breakfast: coffee

CourtasanSatine
04-21-2004, 12:14 PM
lunch(more like a snakc) small bowl of chips

CourtasanSatine
04-22-2004, 09:12 PM
dinner from yesterday

chicken
mac and cheese

DoeWDW
04-28-2004, 10:12 AM
I do feel crummy,my brother won a scholarship and I feel pretty dumb at the moment.Try living up to that

I'm sending a :hug: your way! I can relate. My brother was the star athlete in our high school - the golden boy with all the friends and trophies, National Honor Society, loved by all. :rolleyes: I felt very small next to him and all his success.

I'm 40 now and have come to realize that we all have times in life when we'll feel small and insignificant and times when we'll shine for all the world to see. My time was not in high school - I had to wait til I was older to shine. And my "golden boy" brother has gone through his share of tough times. It all evens out in the end. We're all given gifts - things we're good at - and it sounds like your brother has found some of his. Work to find your gifts - I promise you've got them!!

Hope your Wednesday turns out to be a good day!! :sunny:

CourtasanSatine
05-11-2004, 12:14 PM
He does hate the fact I'm happily seeing the same guy for almost 2 years now and he can't keep girlfriends for longer than 6 months so I've got him there

DoeWDW
05-17-2004, 10:26 AM
Popping in to say hi! :wave2:

I hope all's going well, or at least better with the BF!

CourtasanSatine
05-18-2004, 09:39 AM
things are getting better on the DBF front

CourtasanSatine
06-03-2004, 01:57 PM
I started a livejournal as a outlet of sorts and I'm still trying to lose the weight

DoeWDW
06-03-2004, 02:05 PM
OK, I've gotta ask - what's a livejournal??

Hope your days are filled with :sunny: ! Do something healthy for you - take a walk, drink some extra water, take a multivitamin!