View Full Version : IMPORTANT: Survey for the DIS from Webmaster Pete
01-30-2004, 09:12 AM
In an effort to help us better understand who our visitors are, and what they want from the site, we've put together a survey that we're asking everyone to take. The survey is 24 questions (it will take about 5 minutes), and is totally anonymous (unless you want to add your email address). I appreciate your support in helping us to make the site even better.
To take the survey, go to http://www.wdwinfo.com/phpsurvey/phpq/fillsurvey.php?sid=5
01-30-2004, 09:14 AM
I wanted to make sure that I responded to many of the suggestions and comments that have been made through the survey that we're running. I want people to know that we're listening and incorporating their suggestions into our game plan.
1) Server Speed - The new Linux servers were just released to us, and we hope to have them operational within the next 7 to 10 days. This should help increase the speed of the site dramatically.
2) Search - We're hoping that the new servers will also allow us to leave search on all the time. If not, we're going to add a third server to support the boards. That will definitely do the trick
3) More pictures of the resorts/characters. We have quite an extensive collection of pictures in our photo gallery (http://www.wdwinfo.com/photos.htm) as well as a place where site visitors can upload their own photos (http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/index.php). However, we are redoubling our efforts and plan to add several hundred new photos to the site over the course of the next few months.
4) More video. I am in the process of re-dubbing our extensive video library to allow for better quality. This area will also continue to expand over the next few months.
5) Boards design and color scheme. Corey is as unhappy with the look of the boards as everyone else He has already started work on a new design scheme that should be released after the new servers go on line and any technical issues are ironed out.
6) Advertising. Sorry folks, but if these boards and this site are going to remain a completely free resource to all who visit, we need advertisers. That's never going away unless I become independently wealthy, or we start charging people a monthly fee to visit. I seriously doubt either of those things will be happening, so get used to the advertising. That's what pays the bills.
While there are other comments that were made, these were the most common, and I just wanted everyone to know that we are working on these issues. I also want to thank the thousands of people (literally) whose comments simply said "Thanks for the great job all of you do". We really appreciate the pat on the back and the recognition for all the hard work.
02-08-2004, 12:44 AM
I cannot post replies, threads or attachments etc. Help! What do I need to do to fix this?
vBulletin® v3.8.4, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.