PDA

View Full Version : Tuxedos.. no way

Jdubbs
01-23-2004, 03:42 PM
I saw a recent thread about guys wearing tuxes to dinner.But I will be on Disney cruise!! I figured to pack 2 pairs of slacks, 2 nice shirts and a jacket. I should be okay right??

inkkognito
01-23-2004, 03:56 PM
Yes, that should be fine. The tuxedos are usually in the minority.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.*****************

Dreamer04
01-23-2004, 03:57 PM
My DH and DS 14, will be wearing suits for formal night on our 7 night Magic, next month. Last Jan, on the 4 night Wonder, there was no formal night.

hydster
01-23-2004, 04:09 PM
Personally I think the Tuxedo is a LOT of hype for not much! Yes they can look nice, yes they say you are dressed up but I dont think they are necessary on a cruise. A wedding?Yeah but dinner on a cruise ship? I think too many people make too big of a deal out of it. Hubby and I have been on several cruises (I think over 15 now) and not once has he worn a tux nor has he ever felt out of place because of it!

Go have a good time!
Heidi

kcashner
01-23-2004, 04:19 PM
There's absolutely no need for a tux. On younger gentlemen....they look great in a suit, but if it makes your teen feel like a geek, they can also get by with dockers and a polo shirt. You are on vacation, after all.

Formal night will feature everything to a few tux, an occasional military uniform, many suits, some sports coats, some shirt and tie. A coat of some sort is suggested for Palo....

inkkognito
01-23-2004, 04:22 PM
Don't forget the kilts! I've seen those on formal night, too.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.*****************

steverog
01-23-2004, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by inkkognito
Yes, that should be fine. The tuxedos are usually in the minority.
Barb

Yeah but they look the best. But only for little guys.

http://www.westcobbpinestraw.com/thomasmickeysmall.jpg
Thomas turns 3 on the Disney Cruise 10-21-03

jgalecpa
01-23-2004, 05:40 PM
On the Xmas cruise, they were definitely the norm.

Having said that, your outfit layout seems fine.

The one advantage of the tux/super dress up night is it does make for some spectacular family photos.

Just look at Thomas!

Jim

MO Disney cruiser
01-24-2004, 09:48 AM
jdubbs, you definitely won't be the only one w/o a tux. Look for us on our 5/22 cruise. Neither DH or DF will have a tux. You couldn't catch my dad in a tux any way shape or form.